collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129195 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
My shovel has no problem.  You're the one who's saying that if Wisconsin is a top team in the country then college football has a quality issue.  You even added "Yowza!" at the end.  It was pretty cool.

That's how most people talk about teams they consider to be good though (or, in your vernacular, "not very good," which, of course, means "good" - to you and only you).

So yes, you've said it both ways, as you always do.  "Wisconsin is good.  But I don't know how good."  "Wisconsin might be good, they might just be a bad team with a bad schedule, or they might be great if they beat up on Ohio State."  "Wisconsin as one of the top teams in the nation?  YOWZA!"

So who knows what you're saying?  All I know is pretzels are delicious.

These pretzels are very old and very stale.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2019, 12:04:09 PM »
*Seinfeld pretzels are making me thirsty gif*

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
It's about time. Many big games this Saturday.

Oklahoma vs. Texas 11:00 am FOX
Alabama at Texas A&M 2:30 pm CBS
Florida State at Clemson 2:30 pm ABC (It used it be)
Michigan State at Wisconsin 2:30 pm BTN
Texas Tech at Baylor 3:00 pm FS1
Nebraska at Minnesota 6:30 pm FS1
Penn State at Iowa 6:30 pm ABC
USC at Notre Dame 6:30 pm NBC 
Florida at LSU 7:00 pm ESPN
Washington at Arizona 10:00 pm FS1 

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
Auburn has looked good, but overhyped to me.  Georgia and Clemson, the same.  But that doesn’t mean they aren’t good and can become great by season’s end.  OSU has been best team I have seen thus far this year.

They’ve looked a bit overhyped all year.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »
They’ve looked a bit overhyped all year.

Huh? The only game they’d played within 23 points before today was a win over a top 10 team.

I’m 100% convinced you haven’t watched any college football over the past 5 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »
Huh? The only game they’d played within 23 points before today was a win over a top 10 team.

I’m 100% convinced you haven’t watched any college football over the past 5 years.

Not only are you wrong, but speculated wrong.  Went to several of the last five Rose Bowls, attended the national championship game twice, watch every weekend.

I said they looked overhyped a few weeks ago.  They did not look good against Notre Dame.  Just as I said on the NFL side that the Packers has edge over Cowboys.  I’m sorry if you don’t like my comments, but they look like they are holding up thus far. 

Let me know about the Counsell claims, wars and bells, non stop talking or whatever it was.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »
Georgia was so bad today.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »

True - but they were only rated so high because they were in the SEC.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »
With a little luck (and with backups on defense for UW), MSU might break the 100 yard barrier today.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »

College football is just bad in general.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
?-(
-Bill Walton

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »

It is.  The games are wild in a “watching a disaster unfold” kind of way but rarely do games between top teams live up to the hype. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2019, 05:45:47 PM »
Wisconsin’s top recruit, quarterback Graham Mertz, has only played two games this year. Looks like they want him to redshirt. Someone grab Chico’s his fainting couch.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2019, 05:47:37 PM »
Lookin' like UW could get a Natty befour MU, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »
Wisconsin’s top recruit, quarterback Graham Mertz, has only played two games this year. Looks like they want him to redshirt. Someone grab Chico’s his fainting couch.

Yep. That was the plan for him this year once Coan won the job.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 06:38:35 PM by Jockey »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2019, 06:47:30 PM »
For you old schoolers, the Dick Butkus press conference yesterday is pretty great...Illinois unveiled a statue in his honor.  The genes passed on. Butkus sharp as a tack still.

Talks about today's kids, the ME ME ME generation vs team. If you are fragile, don't watch it.

His grandson is plays volleyball for UCLA, 6'9" middle. 

Good stuff

https://sports.yahoo.com/illinois-unveils-statue-of-dick-butkus-next-to-memorial-stadium-194310029.html

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »
Lookin' like UW could get a Natty befour MU, aina?

LOL.  I think OSU will dispatch of that fantasy in a few weeks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2019, 09:15:02 PM »
Not only are you wrong, but speculated wrong.  Went to several of the last five Rose Bowls, attended the national championship game twice, watch every weekend.

I said they looked overhyped a few weeks ago.  They did not look good against Notre Dame.  Just as I said on the NFL side that the Packers has edge over Cowboys.  I’m sorry if you don’t like my comments, but they look like they are holding up thus far. 

Let me know about the Counsell claims, wars and bells, non stop talking or whatever it was.

Your judgements are holding up? Huh? UW overhyped? Clemson overhyped? PSU a top 7 team? Wut?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »
Your judgements are holding up? Huh? UW overhyped? Clemson overhyped? PSU a top 7 team? Wut?

I said Georgia overhyped...yup..looked so so against ND (who looked so so tonight against an average USC team)...check

Clemson I said was overhyped, but could get better like they did last year.  They look to be getting it going...check.

UW...said we would find out in a few weeks, MSU could barely beat IU and has no offense...we will find out in a few weeks as I said....check

Penn State went on the road to beat Iowa...check

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2019, 10:12:33 PM »
I said Georgia overhyped...yup..looked so so against ND (who looked so so tonight against an average USC team)...check

Clemson I said was overhyped, but could get better like they did last year.  They look to be getting it going...check.

UW...said we would find out in a few weeks, MSU could barely beat IU and has no offense...we will find out in a few weeks as I said....check

Penn State went on the road to beat Iowa...check

😂😂😂

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
😂😂😂

I know, it's tough.  UGa losing, PSU keeps winning.  UW-madison extension piling up wins but not against anyone of note.  Clemson, have to give them credit...they are putting it together.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »
I know, it's tough.  UGa losing, PSU keeps winning.  UW-madison extension piling up wins but not against anyone of note.  Clemson, have to give them credit...they are putting it together.

Lol. So when UW Madison keeps winning its “against nobody of note.” But with a worse schedule PSU just “keeps winning.”

You’re the best Cheeks/chicos/hoopaloop/warriordad

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2019, 07:12:01 AM »
I don't follow college football that closely but here's what I do know.  Running Hornibrook out of town and replacing him with Coan plus the maturation of the D from last year coupled with a world class running game makes this version of Bucky one of the best that I can remember in my near 60 years.  Are they Final 4 good?  Time will tell. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2019, 07:14:44 AM »
ND sucks. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »
True - but they were only rated so high because they were in the SEC.

My main man, Tim Brando is speaking the same ballpark about Georgia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1183510278807285763
-Bill Walton

feedback