collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129100 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2019, 06:08:33 AM »
Cheeks: “I never said UW wasn’t good. In fact I said they are good.”

Arguing with you is like arguing with a 5 year old.
A 5 year old that can never EVER under any circumstances admit they were wrong.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2019, 08:37:55 AM »
A 5 year old that can never EVER under any circumstances admit they were wrong.

I have admitted I am wrong on countless occasions here.  So your statement is incorrect....again...nothing new for you.

And if I provided just one example or 50, you would then have to apologize and admit you are wrong, or then you are a 5 year old?  LOL.  Let me know on that one.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:41:08 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:47 AM »
Cherry pick? Your entire post was about how awful college football is if Wisconsin is the 8th best team in the country.

So there’s a gap the size of the Grand Canyon between the 8th and 10th best team in college football? College football has a quality issue if UW is the 8th best team, but if they’re the 10th best team all is right in the world?

LOL indeed.

I didn’t realize how hard this is for you.  LOL. 

Let’s repeat what I actually said.

Wisconsin is good. I Said MULTIPLE TIMES.  Yes or no?

How good are they?  I don’t know because their schedule sucks.  Yes or no?

Do I think they are the 8th best team? No, I do not.  Does that, therefore, mean they suck or are not good?  Nope...but that’s your translation?  LOL

Let’s do this in a form you and maybe even TSmith can process, do I think MU basketball will be good this year?  Yes.  Do I think they are top 10 material?  No.  Does that mean they aren’t good or suck?  Now you ask yourself the same questions.

Amazing. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2019, 08:55:54 AM »
I didn’t realize how hard this is for you.  LOL. 

Let’s repeat what I actually said.

Wisconsin is good. I Said MULTIPLE TIMES.  Yes or no?

How good are they?  I don’t know because their schedule sucks.  Yes or no?

Do I think they are the 8th best team? No, I do not.  Does that, therefore, mean they suck or are not good?  Nope...but that’s your translation?  LOL

Let’s do this in a form you and maybe even TSmith can process, do I think MU basketball will be good this year?  Yes.  Do I think they are top 10 material?  No.  Does that mean they aren’t good or suck?  Now you ask yourself the same questions.

Amazing.

Yet college football has a quality issue if Wisconsin is one of the top teams in the country.  Which means...what exactly?  It means Wisconsin is good?  LOL!  You sure do have a way with words Cheeks.

You're either dumb or you're unwilling to admit you got caught.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2019, 09:01:11 AM »
Speaking of cherry picking, is the B1G title game a big game or not?  I'm still confused on that one.  According to you, Wisconsin can't win the big game.  Wisconsin won back to back B1G title games.  So I have to assume the B1G title game is NOT a big game, given that Wisconsin cannot win the big game and has won B1G title games.

So we're back to Bama and Clemson have been good football teams in the past half decade.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2019, 09:09:39 AM »
Yet college football has a quality issue if Wisconsin is one of the top teams in the country.  Which means...what exactly?  It means Wisconsin is good?  LOL!  You sure do have a way with words Cheeks.

You're either dumb or you're unwilling to admit you got caught.

Uhm, sorry but both can be true.  Again, troubling how hard this is for you.

There were a number of people here last year when MU made the top 10 that said MU is good, even really good, but if they are the top 10 team in the nation that shows college basketball in general has quality issues....usually meaning depth of teams.  That was legitimate point. 

You see, both can be true.  You can be good, but also be a down year for college football or basketball. Was last year a good year for the Big East basketball?  Most will say no.  Most will say we finished second because it was a bad year.  Villanova won the Big East last year in a down year...lack of quality....does this mean Villanova sucked last year?

Keep on digging the hole on this one, you know damn well I said UW was good in football, how good I don’t know and until they play someone real we won’t know.  I also said they aren’t the 8th best team in the country....both can be right and are not mutually exclusive in any way.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:13 AM »
Speaking of cherry picking, is the B1G title game a big game or not?  I'm still confused on that one.  According to you, Wisconsin can't win the big game.  Wisconsin won back to back B1G title games.  So I have to assume the B1G title game is NOT a big game, given that Wisconsin cannot win the big game and has won B1G title games.

So we're back to Bama and Clemson have been good football teams in the past half decade.

What was the issue in that year....the two top teams had were left out because of punishment reasons.  Sorry nuance is lost on you, but OSU (undefeated) and PSU not allowed to participate.  Sure, it is a big game, one with a huge asterisk on it.  Tell me how have they done in the last few Big Ten title games?  In two of them they came in the higher rated team and lost anyway...thus why I don’t trust ratings with Wisconsin because they build them up with their faux schedule each year while others fall back playing more quality opponents.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »
Uhm, sorry but both can be true.  Again, troubling how hard this is for you.

There were a number of people here last year when MU made the top 10 that said MU is good, even really good, but if they are the top 10 team in the nation that shows college basketball in general has quality issues....usually meaning depth of teams.  That was legitimate point. 

You see, both can be true.  You can be good, but also be a down year for college football or basketball. Was last year a good year for the Big East basketball?  Most will say no.  Most will say we finished second because it was a bad year.  Villanova won the Big East last year in a down year...lack of quality....does this mean Villanova sucked last year?

Keep on digging the hole on this one, you know damn well I said UW was good in football, how good I don’t know and until they play someone real we won’t know.  I also said they aren’t the 8th best team in the country....both can be right and are not mutually exclusive in any way.

Villanova was not very good last year, no.  There's no hole to dig in.  When you're pointing to a team as proof that a sport has an issue, that means you consider that team to not be very good.  Unless you're just dumb.

What was the issue in that year....the two top teams had were left out because of punishment reasons.  Sorry nuance is lost on you, but OSU (undefeated) and PSU not allowed to participate.  Sure, it is a big game, one with a huge asterisk on it.  Tell me how have they done in the last few Big Ten title games?  In two of them they came in the higher rated team and lost anyway...thus why I don’t trust ratings with Wisconsin because they build them up with their faux schedule each year while others fall back playing more quality opponents.

In what year?  They won it back to back years...

Absolutely hysterical to hear you talk about cherry picking...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »
Villanova was not very good last year, no.  There's no hole to dig in.  When you're pointing to a team as proof that a sport has an issue, that means you consider that team to not be very good.  Unless you're just dumb.

In what year?  They won it back to back years...

Absolutely hysterical to hear you talk about cherry picking...

Villanova was good last year, they were not very good...correct.   I said Wisconsin was good this year, very good hasn’t come into the equation yet.  Glad I remain consistent.  Villanova certainly wasn’t bad last year or sucked, as you have implied I said about Wisconsin.  Keep digging.  Keep digging.

How has Wisconsin done the last three Big ten title games, two of which they were the higher rated team and the third one in which they were ranked....wait for it...8th...and lost 59-0.  Thanks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2019, 09:51:23 AM »
Villanova was good last year, they were not very good...correct.   I said Wisconsin was good this year, very good hasn’t come into the equation yet.  Glad I remain consistent.  Villanova certainly wasn’t bad last year or sucked, as you have implied I said about Wisconsin.  Keep digging.  Keep digging.

How has Wisconsin done the last three Big ten title games, two of which they were the higher rated team and the third one in which they were ranked....wait for it...8th...and lost 59-0.  Thanks.

Lol.  Like arguing with a 5 year old.  But that might be an insult to 5 year olds.

Step 1 for you is to get a grasp of the English language.  Step 2 would be to quit twisting yourself into a pretzel.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2019, 05:53:46 PM »
The Penn State alum who sent the letter to a player complaining about his dreadlocks clarified his position

https://twitter.com/culturedmodesty/status/1181630578048811008?s=21
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2019, 06:07:13 PM »
The Penn State alum who sent the letter to a player complaining about his dreadlocks clarified his position

Maybe they could wear fedoras and a white shirt and tie. Dig up Bear Bryant and prop him up on the sidelines.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2019, 06:11:52 PM »
Maybe they could wear fedoras and a white shirt and tie. Dig up Bear Bryant and prop him up on the sidelines.

I’d hate to hear his opinions on Joe Paterno
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »
I’d hate to hear his opinions on Joe Paterno

:)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »

I'm sure he has many quality hot takes on tattoos and touchdown celebrations.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2019, 07:36:24 PM »
I'm sure he has many quality hot takes on tattoos and touchdown celebrations.

... and, kissing on the 1st date.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2019, 07:42:04 PM »
Class of 66, which makes him 75.   Grumpy old guy shaking his fist and yelling get off my lawn.  Every fanbase and message board has them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2019, 10:56:25 PM »
Lol.  Like arguing with a 5 year old.  But that might be an insult to 5 year olds.

Step 1 for you is to get a grasp of the English language.  Step 2 would be to quit twisting yourself into a pretzel.

LOL

Villanova was good last year, not very good, but good.  They weren’t in the top 10, the Big East wasn’t very good quality, etc.  That did not make Nova bad, or sucks. 

Wisconsin is good this year, and I have said it multiple times.  Whether they are very good I don’t know, their schedule sucks so it is hard to say. 

No pretzel.  You just aren’t able to process the very simple construct that UW can merely be good, college football in general not that good, lack of depth or quality teams...both can be accurate without any twisting at all.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2019, 06:32:24 AM »
people seriously dont know what the phrase “not very good” means? wtf?

cheeky when hoopaloop told you your steak “wasnt very good” over a few beers and exchanged disney tickets your response was “glad you liked it!”?!?! what a f*cking moron! i hope this is just you being so unwilling to admit youre wrong that youre willing to make yourself look dumber and dumber with every post, and not that you are actually this stupid.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:39:23 AM by WithoutBias »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »
people seriously dont know what the phrase “not very good” means? wtf?

cheeky when hoopaloop told you your steak “wasnt very good” over a few beers and exchanged disney tickets your response was “glad you liked it!”?!?! what a f*cking moron! i hope this is just you being so unwilling to admit youre wrong that youre willing to make yourself look dumber and dumber with every post, and not that you are actually this stupid.

Lol

Let’s eat, grandma.  Let’s eat grandma.

See how meanings can change.

The Washington Redskins are not very good.   (Meaning they are bad).

The Dallas Cowboys are good, but are not very good. (Meaning they are good, but not better than good...they are not in the VERY GOOD category).

Are we clear now?  There is nothing to admit I am wrong on here. When I am wrong, I admit it.  If I am not, I don’t.

In the end, did I say Wisconsin is a good football team this year?   This is where Wades hang up is.  He says I think they suck because I don’t care for the school, despite the fact on multiple occasions I have said they are good.   How good, I don’t know.  Wades just won’t admit he is wrong in his accusation here. For the umpeenth time, UW Madison extension is a good football team this year.  I ALSO don’t think the overall quality of college football is that great.  Both can and are true in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:56:55 AM by Cheeks »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2019, 08:11:38 AM »
Lol

Let’s eat, grandma.  Let’s eat grandma.

See how meanings can change.

The Washington Redskins are not very good.   (Meaning they are bad).

The Dallas Cowboys are good, but are not very good. (Meaning they are good, but not better than good...they are not in the VERY GOOD category).

Are we clear now?  There is nothing to admit I am wrong on here. When I am wrong, I admit it.  If I am not, I don’t.

In the end, did I say Wisconsin is a good football team this year?   This is where Wades hang up is.  He says I think they suck because I don’t care for the school, despite the fact on multiple occasions I have said they are good.   How good, I don’t know.  Wades just won’t admit he is wrong in his accusation here. For the umpeenth time, UW Madison extension is a good football team this year.  I ALSO don’t think the overall quality of college football is that great.  Both can and are true in my opinion.

When anyone else wants to say something is good: "(whatever they're describing) is good."

When Cheeks wants to say something is good: "(whatever he's describing) isn't very good."

It all makes sense Cheeks.  It all makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:14:22 AM by wadesworld »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2019, 05:44:24 AM »
When anyone else wants to say something is good: "(whatever they're describing) is good."

When Cheeks wants to say something is good: "(whatever he's describing) isn't very good."

It all makes sense Cheeks.  It all makes sense.

Did I say Wisconsin was good in football multiple times in the last few weeks?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2019, 08:05:31 AM »
Did I say Wisconsin was good in football multiple times in the last few weeks?

I don't believe you've called Wisconsin not very good, so no, I don't think you said that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
I don't believe you've called Wisconsin not very good, so no, I don't think you said that.

You inability to acknowledge what I said multiple times is all I need to know. I even highlighted it for you. Sorry you dug yourself in such an odd place that you cannot acknowledge it.

I’ll say it for the umpteenth time, Wisconsin is a good team, I don’t know how good because their schedule is a joke.  They might be great, we will find out in a few weeks.  I don’t think they are the 8th best team and college football in general, the quality level this year in my opinion, appears down. 

Thanks...hope your shovel holds up.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2019, 09:29:02 AM »
You inability to acknowledge what I said multiple times is all I need to know. I even highlighted it for you. Sorry you dug yourself in such an odd place that you cannot acknowledge it.

I’ll say it for the umpteenth time, Wisconsin is a good team, I don’t know how good because their schedule is a joke.  They might be great, we will find out in a few weeks.  I don’t think they are the 8th best team and college football in general, the quality level this year in my opinion, appears down. 

Thanks...hope your shovel holds up.

My shovel has no problem.  You're the one who's saying that if Wisconsin is a top team in the country then college football has a quality issue.  You even added "Yowza!" at the end.  It was pretty cool.

That's how most people talk about teams they consider to be good though (or, in your vernacular, "not very good," which, of course, means "good" - to you and only you).

So yes, you've said it both ways, as you always do.  "Wisconsin is good.  But I don't know how good."  "Wisconsin might be good, they might just be a bad team with a bad schedule, or they might be great if they beat up on Ohio State."  "Wisconsin as one of the top teams in the nation?  YOWZA!"

So who knows what you're saying?  All I know is pretzels are delicious.

feedback