[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129071 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2019, 04:39:09 PM »
Wisconsin plays Notre Dame in 2020 & 2021.  Alabama is scheduled for 2024 & 2025.

Notre Dame...sorry, overrated every damn year.  Baba will be fun, Dabo should be on the sidelines by then.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2019, 04:40:54 PM »
Considering they play the three best teams in the west this year I guess you’d just cry about it even if they were in the east, given that you’re crying about it now.

They just won a meaningful game on a national stage.

The three best teams in the west is like being the tallest midget in the circus.  The West is awful each and every year.  Nebraska..LOL.  Iowa is decent team.  Who is the third best team...Northwestern...my God...or Minnesota...again, my God....murderer’s row.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »
PAC 12 is terrible.  Bowl games are sweet and nice....Pinstripe Bowl...ok.  Cotton against Western Michigan...yummy dessert.  An 8-6 USC team.

Come on

They have also been in 3 of the last 5 Big Ten championship games and lost them all, including one by the score of 59-0.  They did manage to beat an overrated Nebraska team one year.  If they want the love, when a game that matters.

So the only teams that don’t suck in your definition over the last half decade are Clemson and Alabama.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2019, 04:49:27 PM »
The three best teams in the west is like being the tallest midget in the circus.  The West is awful each and every year.  Nebraska..LOL.  Iowa is decent team.  Who is the third best team...Northwestern...my God...or Minnesota...again, my God....murderer’s row.

I meant the reverse. They play the top 3 teams in the east this year yet you’re still crying. So if they played in the east you’d just cry anyway.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2019, 05:06:25 PM »
So the only teams that don’t suck in your definition over the last half decade are Clemson and Alabama.

Exactly.  It's what cheeks routinely does.  I've made my point.  No need to belabor it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »

Source where I said that....because we know I didn’t.  If I was like Lenny or MU82 I would throw around the liar charge, but I know you are just exaggerating and I don’t want to be like those two.

Again, would you rather be in the west or the east....be honest.   They have a massive advantage each year before the season even starts which makes their out of conf scheduling so baffling.  I can excuse Bama and others scheduling a few cream puffs because they play such a brutal conf schedule....but Wisconsin should be scheduling a tough non conference because the conference slate is so bad with the west.

Plenty of quality SEC, Big 12 schools to try and schedule.  I’m just happy for the fans the rules changed and they can no longer schedule the FCS teams anymore.  Wofford and the likes were quite the resume in the early part of the decade

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2019, 05:14:36 PM »
Source where I said that....because we know I didn’t.  If I was like Lenny or MU82 I would throw around the liar charge, but I know you are just exaggerating and I don’t want to be like those two.

Again, would you rather be in the west or the east....be honest.   They have a massive advantage each year before the season even starts which makes their out of conf scheduling so baffling.  I can excuse Bama and others scheduling a few cream puffs because they play such a brutal conf schedule....but Wisconsin should be scheduling a tough non conference because the conference slate is so bad with the west.

Plenty of quality SEC, Big 12 schools to try and schedule.  I’m just happy for the fans the rules changed and they can no longer schedule the FCS teams anymore.  Wofford and the likes were quite the resume in the early part of the decade

They’re literally the only two teams who have won the games that have mattered over the last 5 years. So no you didn’t say the words that Bama and Clemson are the only teams in football that don’t suck, you did say WI sucks because they don’t win the games that matter, and Clemson and Bama are the only ones that have.

WI plays the top 3 teams in the East this year. So East or West really doesn’t matter this year. Their schedule will not be the issue.

I hate UW and want to see them lose every sporting event they play in in any sport. But to just be like “ehh their opponent sucks” every single win they have, no matter how good their opponent is, is lazy.

I look forward to their football team looking like they’re going to break through to the CFP this year, only to lose out on it by either getting blown out or losing on a Hail Mary.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 05:16:44 PM by wadesworld »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2019, 07:44:36 PM »
How far ahead do they typically schedule?  I mean in basketball, it is not uncommon to tweak the quality of your non-con based on the perceived talent on your own team.

Years in advance. Current talent isn’t really a consideration.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
Notre Dame...sorry, overrated every damn year.  Baba will be fun, Dabo should be on the sidelines by then.
Can't be that overrated by going undefeated.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »
They’re literally the only two teams who have won the games that have mattered over the last 5 years. So no you didn’t say the words that Bama and Clemson are the only teams in football that don’t suck, you did say WI sucks because they don’t win the games that matter, and Clemson and Bama are the only ones that have.

WI plays the top 3 teams in the East this year. So East or West really doesn’t matter this year. Their schedule will not be the issue.

I hate UW and want to see them lose every sporting event they play in in any sport. But to just be like “ehh their opponent sucks” every single win they have, no matter how good their opponent is, is lazy.

I look forward to their football team looking like they’re going to break through to the CFP this year, only to lose out on it by either getting blown out or losing on a Hail Mary.

Sorry, but I would call a Big Ten championship game a game that matters. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
Sorry, but I would call a Big Ten championship game a game that matters.

Except when Wisconsin wins. And then it’s just Wisconsin beating an overrated team. As you already stated.

Aka when a game being big fits your agenda it’s a big game, and when a game being big doesn’t fit your agenda it isn’t big.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »
Can't be that overrated by going undefeated.

???  Not sure I understand.  Last time they were undefeated was 1988 and I was in college.  I know about 7 or 8 years ago they were and got annihilated and totally outclassed in the BCS title because they were overrated that year as well.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2019, 10:22:30 PM »
Gang, the only team that has even a remote chance of making the Nat Champ tournament from the Big 10 is The Ohio State University.

No one. No one else will. Michigan is badly overrated. Wisconsin will get slaughtered when they play tOSU and any SEC team.

Right now, it's Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and tOSU. Doubt anyone other than LSU could crash this party.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2019, 10:23:06 PM »
Except when Wisconsin wins. And then it’s just Wisconsin beating an overrated team. As you already stated.

Aka when a game being big fits your agenda it’s a big game, and when a game being big doesn’t fit your agenda it isn’t big.

Wades, you still haven't answered (that I have seen), would you rather be in the west or east?

Second, they lost the last three...they won back in the day against Nebraska.  It wasn't even a true title back then.  UW-madison went 8-6 that year.  Ohio State was undefeated, but didn't go.  Neither did Penn State. Both were banned. So Third place Wisconsin went.  A meaningless game

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2019, 10:34:33 PM »
Wades, you still haven't answered (that I have seen), would you rather be in the west or east?

Second, they lost the last three...they won back in the day against Nebraska.  It wasn't even a true title back then.  UW-madison went 8-6 that year.  Ohio State was undefeated, but didn't go.  Neither did Penn State. Both were banned. So Third place Wisconsin went.  A meaningless game

So 3 or 4 posts ago you said the B1G Title game matters. And now you’re saying the B1G Title game was meaningless. Very confusing. Which is it? If it’s meaningless like you are now arguing then only Bama and Clemson don’t suck for the past half decade. If it’s meaningful like you posted just a few minutes before you said it was meaningless then Wisconsin won back to back B1G Title games so I guess they have won meaningful games.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2019, 11:22:23 PM »
???  Not sure I understand.  Last time they were undefeated was 1988 and I was in college.  I know about 7 or 8 years ago they were and got annihilated and totally outclassed in the BCS title because they were overrated that year as well.
Yes. Regular season. Outclassed, yes. Again, not overrated when you go undefeated the schedule they play.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2019, 11:36:05 PM »
How far ahead do they typically schedule?  I mean in basketball, it is not uncommon to tweak the quality of your non-con based on the perceived talent on your own team.

Some teams have scheduling agreements set for as far out as 2030.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2019, 12:30:30 AM »
So 3 or 4 posts ago you said the B1G Title game matters. And now you’re saying the B1G Title game was meaningless. Very confusing. Which is it? If it’s meaningless like you are now arguing then only Bama and Clemson don’t suck for the past half decade. If it’s meaningful like you posted just a few minutes before you said it was meaningless then Wisconsin won back to back B1G Title games so I guess they have won meaningful games.

How is it confusing, the year they were in it last that they won it, the top teams didn’t even participate.  The divisions were also totally different...Not east and west like now.  And of course you still won’t answer the question every Big Ten sports fan knows....the west is a joke and you would much rather be playing in the west than the east.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2019, 01:25:20 AM »
UCLA vs Washington State was crazy tonight.  UCLA trailed by 32 half way in 3rd period....took the lead with 8 min to go in 4th, 60-56.

Wazzu took lead at 63-60.  Chip Kelly with a very odd call....UCLA with a 36 yard FG with 2:40 left, but he opts to go for it on 4th and 5 and fails. 

Wazzu then fumbles....UCLA takes lead 67-63 with 1:07 left.  Wazzu QB threw for 9 TD’s and they lost.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2019, 08:54:14 AM »
Gang, the only team that has even a remote chance of making the Nat Champ tournament from the Big 10 is The Ohio State University.

No one. No one else will. Michigan is badly overrated. Wisconsin will get slaughtered when they play tOSU and any SEC team.

Right now, it's Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and tOSU. Doubt anyone other than LSU could crash this party.

Ding, ding, ding.  It’s possible a 4th team not in that list could sneak in but they aren’t winning the title.  The 5 teams you listed are the only legit title contenders.  I’d possibly add Auburn who has a very good defense but a green QB.  If they can develop him, they could sneak in.

As for Michigan, they were never the 11th best team in the nation.  The AP and Coaches polls are nonsense and anyone that uses them are silly.  They replaced almost all their defensive starters and have no depth on the d-line at the moment due to injuries and youth.  They will struggle with power teams like Army and Wisconsin all year.  They have 3 NFL wideouts but the QB is damaged goods.  They should move on to Dylan McCaffey, Christian’s brother
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2019, 09:36:05 AM »
I agree that the 4-5 on the list are the best teams this year.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2019, 09:58:15 AM »
I’d add Oklahoma as a possible team.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2019, 10:57:54 AM »
I’d add Oklahoma as a possible team.

Agree.  Missed them.  They just need to play some average defense with their offense
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »
You all realize that this thread is going the way of almost every other thread on Scoop?

Otherwise reasonable people arguing with a troll.

Over and over and over and .............again.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »
You all realize that this thread is going the way of almost every other thread on Scoop?

Otherwise reasonable people arguing with a troll.

Over and over and over and .............again.

The Canadians have pro football....do they have college football?

feedback