'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 61869 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2019, 10:38:56 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »
I don’t and can happily provide umpteen examples when I let it go and didn’t say a word, let alone every single one....repeat...every. Single. One.

You know what, you’re right. And I owe you an apology. Sincerely. Still, I wish you would ignore more of it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2019, 10:49:15 PM »
It’s probably because most posters here haven’t been banned under multiple usernames and continued to show back up. And probably because the one poster who is the common denominator in all these different political threads is the same poster who’s been banned for similar posting habits under multiple usernames.

Just a guess?

But you are just treated so unfairly around here.

Flight delayed.  Could be the case, though i’m Hardly the common denominator.  Of course if I show all the threads to prove that out, well then attacked for defending one’s self against a falsehood.  Oh well.

Hey, how about that west coast volleyball, eh?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #403 on: August 28, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »
Personally I have found that a vast majority(but obviously not all) fall into the category of your wife...they can be and are both. There is zero wrong with that. Quite honestly, I also think a vast majority of men, prefer that. Also nothing wrong with that. Just for me, as far as what makes me happiest, is if she's 100% feminine. I think you'd be surprised(or maybe you wouldn't be) just how few of those women really exist now days.

I wish you the best in finding that right individual.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #404 on: August 28, 2019, 10:51:17 PM »
You know what, you’re right. And I owe you an apology. Sincerely. Still, I wish you would ignore more of it.

I will try, I really will.  All good no amigo. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #405 on: August 28, 2019, 11:16:41 PM »
Flight delayed.  Could be the case, though i’m Hardly the common denominator.  Of course if I show all the threads to prove that out, well then attacked for defending one’s self against a falsehood.  Oh well.

Hey, how about that west coast volleyball, eh?

Sorry to hear about your flight delay, I guess? And what about west coast volleyball?

Odd response. But they all seem to be from you lately.

Feel free to share the threads “proving it out.” I’m guessing it’d go something like when you claimed I had gotten 3 threads locked “in the last few weeks,” then quickly changed that number to 2, then moved it down to 1 shortly thereafter. And the one you were able to find was started by me and was the only post I made in that thread.

But like I said we all know already. You’re on username...I don’t even know what number now, hard to keep up. But it’s never been you. You’re just treated differently here. Different rules for chicos. Oh and WarriorDad. And Hoopaloop. And Cheeks. If only those 4 would be treated the same as every other Scooper there would only be a need for one username.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:26:10 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2019, 05:35:05 AM »
If a man is 45 and he is with a 21 yr old girl, most in society these days would say just what you did "it's creepy". But aren't we told, love is love?? If they are happy together, shouldn't that be all that matters?? How is that any different then a man with a man, or a woman with a woman etc??

Where we all get really hypocritical is if that woman was 31 and the man was 55(still the same 24 year age difference), then most people would seem to accept that.

Trimmed a lot out, but for me it comes down to emotional maturity. While women are certainly more emotionally mature when ages are equal, the dynamic of the 45M/21F generally leads to huge potentials for abuse. Emotional abuse, financial abuse, while I know we acknowledge 18 to be an "adult" the idea that there is a level playing field in this 24 year gap is, more often than not, simply not true.

This could be colored by watching a friend in her 20s live through an emotionally abusive marriage to a man in his 40s that was excessively toxic.

By the time a woman is in her 30s, I think it's more likely she would be emotionally equipped to date a 50+ year old man, the pools for both would've shrunk, and the financial abuse aspect would likely be less of a factor.

I get that I'm basing that on anecdotal evidence, but the original scenario is the classic midlife crisis setup and doesn't seem to end well in my experience, while the latter is more likely to be two people who are consenting adults both legally and emotionally.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2019, 07:23:58 AM »
That's like someone having a problem with it being called an "orange" so they just call it "that orange colored fruit". Makes no sense to me.

A little history:

"The color we know as orange was referred to in Old English as “geoluhread,” which means yellow-red. The word “orange” was adopted after the eponymous fruit was introduced to English via the Spanish word naranja, which came from the Sanskrit word nāraṅga. Orange conveys energy, enthusiasm, and balance."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2019, 07:29:02 AM »
If I ask someone are you more "girly" or more tomboy. I overwhelming get more "tomboy" responses than "girly" responses.
Who the frack *asks* someone if they are girly or tomboy?  Or what they call their undergarments?  F'ing weird.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »
I did, and nothing happened.

Then they don't care.  So STFU about it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #411 on: August 29, 2019, 08:01:55 AM »

Da Pontiff has spoken.  Alleluia Alleluia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #412 on: August 29, 2019, 08:02:05 AM »
Who the frack *asks* someone if they are girly or tomboy?  Or what they call their undergarments?  F'ing weird.

And he wonders why he can't find anyone

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #413 on: August 29, 2019, 08:54:34 AM »

Which is why I ask.  If they don't care, I'm guessing the pinned post can be removed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #414 on: August 29, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
Which is why I ask.  If they don't care, I'm guessing the pinned post can be removed.

Or maybe just ignored?  Not sure I've ever clicked into the pinned thread.  It shouldn't be too hard to back off when a mod either posts in a thread or PMs you.  But when you're constantly looking for ways to be a victim I guess it might be hard to back off.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #415 on: August 29, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »
Sorry to hear about your flight delay, I guess? And what about west coast volleyball?

Odd response. But they all seem to be from you lately.

Feel free to share the threads “proving it out.” I’m guessing it’d go something like when you claimed I had gotten 3 threads locked “in the last few weeks,” then quickly changed that number to 2, then moved it down to 1 shortly thereafter. And the one you were able to find was started by me and was the only post I made in that thread.

But like I said we all know already. You’re on username...I don’t even know what number now, hard to keep up. But it’s never been you. You’re just treated differently here. Different rules for chicos. Oh and WarriorDad. And Hoopaloop. And Cheeks. If only those 4 would be treated the same as every other Scooper there would only be a need for one username.

No on WarriorDad, but don't forget Billy...I'm him apparently.   If you think I am the only one to reemerge here, that's funny. 

I said you got three threads locked? Nope, I said two, and yes revised down to one.  I never said three. https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58959.msg1148855#msg1148855

But in your head you keep saying three...not sure why.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58959.msg1148993#msg1148993   You repeated it again in this thread.  Strange.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:16:16 AM by Cheeks »

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #416 on: August 29, 2019, 09:20:31 AM »
not hard. just need to push the dipstick in and out.

A real woman knows about and takes great pleasure in the workings of a reciprocating spark ignition power plant

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #417 on: August 29, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »

I seem to recall someone saying "life isn't fair" and "some people have to follow rules that others don't"  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #418 on: August 29, 2019, 09:25:33 AM »
For the record, I have no issue with the word "panties".

As an Air Commando, I have to ask your opinion of the commando world

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #419 on: August 29, 2019, 09:30:12 AM »

Good old Sultan throwin' off the robes and reverting to form...

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2019, 09:33:55 AM »
"I miss Canada".

Isn't that what Barbra Streisand and Susan Sarandon said? Oh, wait, they never went...

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #421 on: August 29, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »
There is nothing here that wouldn't be cured by a hot batch of paczkis.

Really.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #422 on: August 29, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »
I seem to recall someone saying "life isn't fair" and "some people have to follow rules that others don't"  ;D

Yup, the lesson is almost complete now.  I’m glad you are getting it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2019, 09:46:29 AM »
Yup, the lesson is almost complete now.  I’m glad you are getting it.

Nope, you'll notice the sarcasm of my last post. You also have yet to notice that all your examples in the other thread of life not being fair were actual examples of people doing extra work and earning extra compensation (i.e. examples of life being fair)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2019, 09:47:54 AM »
No on WarriorDad, but don't forget Billy...I'm him apparently.   If you think I am the only one to reemerge here, that's funny. 

I said you got three threads locked? Nope, I said two, and yes revised down to one.  I never said three. https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58959.msg1148855#msg1148855

But in your head you keep saying three...not sure why.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58959.msg1148993#msg1148993   You repeated it again in this thread.  Strange.

I'd quote the post but you got the thread locked, so I can't...

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58959.msg1148853#msg1148853

I say 3 because you started at 3, then backed down to 2, then had to move to 1...

By the way, I had to go to page 12 in your posting history just to get back to August 14th.