[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Way to go.  (Read 6461 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Way to go.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 10:08:11 AM »
Crean fookin' sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »
ND sucks

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »
What a weird time a few years ago when an alter-ego made a one-off diatribe about how things were too toxic in society and the reflection of that in a message board made it so it was better to not be on here. (After being banned)

TeamOh

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 10:43:44 AM »
What a weird time a few years ago when an alter-ego made a one-off diatribe about how things were too toxic in society and the reflection of that in a message board made it so it was better to not be on here. (After being banned)

wasnt that also about how the true love of his life, which he did not marry, was going through a hard time and he was still very in love with her?  and today hes celebrating his wifes birthday...CONGRATS!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 11:21:51 AM »
My wife just woke up, big bday for her.  I decorated since 4:30am....going to have a good time with her today to make it special.  Love you all.

:-*

You are so unnatural carnal knowledgeing awkward.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »
What behavior is that?  I am responding like anyone else.  Just having a conversation.  Why is it acceptable to have Wades have two or three threads locked in the last few weeks, another person constantly bring up politics at every turn and get threads locked and no one says a word?  I’m generally curious other than agreement in ideology or their take and therefore gets a free pass.

Always, always, ALWAYS the victim.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 11:29:50 AM »
Sorry to have started this thread.  We should probably just kill it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
Sorry to have started this thread.  We should probably just kill it.

Start a new one called "Way two go."

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 11:46:27 AM »

Ha!  ;D

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:54:32 AM by #UnleashCain »

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »
Crean fookin' sucks

A Newtonian Absolute, Doc.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »
Takes two to tango, right?  I simple ask why the rules are not equally applied.  Bickering has been going on at Scoop since the very beginning, and before that on Juno’s board and Dodd’s board....whether I have been there or not, bickering has been a staple of all of these boards.

What difference does it make if the rules are not equally applied?

Scoop isn't a democracy. It's Rocky and Topper's board. They can do what they want with it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2019, 10:05:05 PM »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2019, 10:35:58 PM »
The thing I've noticed that should be most shocking of all, is that you normally reply to any mention of you in any thread within about 5-10 minutes, at any point of the day. You also tend to reply to any mention of politics within that time frame, alongside a select few other themes that draw your immediate attention.

And I'm not saying that you notice it within 5-10 minutes. I mean that you have already hashed out a few sentences or brief paragraphs, sometimes even including citations, and have sent it out within 5-10 minutes.

The only rate-limiting step for you appears to be when you are mentioned multiple times (or there are multiple political posts), and thus are "forced" to type multiple replies.

Can you explain how you are always able to reply so quickly? And, well, why?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2019, 11:21:44 PM »
The thing I've noticed that should be most shocking of all, is that you normally reply to any mention of you in any thread within about 5-10 minutes, at any point of the day. You also tend to reply to any mention of politics within that time frame, alongside a select few other themes that draw your immediate attention.

And I'm not saying that you notice it within 5-10 minutes. I mean that you have already hashed out a few sentences or brief paragraphs, sometimes even including citations, and have sent it out within 5-10 minutes.

The only rate-limiting step for you appears to be when you are mentioned multiple times (or there are multiple political posts), and thus are "forced" to type multiple replies.

Can you explain how you are always able to reply so quickly? And, well, why?

I typically get on Scoop in the morning when I commute to work, at lunch, and at night. There are exceptions, but normally my schedule simply doesn’t permit.  Yes, there are exceptions.  As an example, the political post MU82 started the other day that was open for some time....you don’t see me in there at all.  Many examples like that or I’ll wait hours to respond.  Sometimes, I post right away...it all depends if I happen to be on or not.  Nothing else really to explain, those are usually the times I have available. When I do respond, I respond quickly.  Nothing preplanned as you imply.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2019, 11:22:36 PM »
What two threads have I got locked in the last few weeks?

This is you enjoying a relaxing conversation?  Sheesh!

My fault, only one the last few days.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2019, 11:27:05 PM »
What difference does it make if the rules are not equally applied?

Scoop isn't a democracy. It's Rocky and Topper's board. They can do what they want with it.

Not asking for it to be.  And yes, I know who runs and pays for the board....I even made a donation to them for some of the expenses they incur.  My comments are really toward those that claim to want equal treatment, rules, etc, until they don’t.  It isn’t with mods. TSmith believes that makes me a victim claimer, I would say it makes me a vocal observer of the facts at hand.   ;)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 11:30:56 PM »
wasnt that also about how the true love of his life, which he did not marry, was going through a hard time and he was still very in love with her?  and today hes celebrating his wifes birthday...CONGRATS!

LOL.  She was my high school sweetheart and first love, but let’s not get carried away here or makeup a new set of facts.  I’m happily married 20+ years, but yes that was a blow when she passed.  Who knows what could have been, but that isn’t how life turned out.  Watching a friend die of cancer in her 40’s and mother of a teenager, well that pulls on your heart.  Nothing I am ashamed of, that is for sure.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 06:48:06 AM »
My fault, only one the last few days.

Started out saying 3. Quickly changed it to 2. And now moved it to 1. So less threads locked in the last few weeks than number of times that you’ve been permanently banned...

A pretty easy one to explain as well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »
Started out saying 3. Quickly changed it to 2. And now moved it to 1. So less threads locked in the last few weeks than number of times that you’ve been permanently banned...

A pretty easy one to explain as well.

This will always be the thing that gets me about scoop.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2019, 08:24:25 AM »
This will always be the thing that gets me about scoop.

We're all about the page views.

And .. this has run its course. 

feedback