[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 317110 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2019, 10:32:07 PM »
Panthers better without Cam....

You're almost as funny as you are clueless!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2019, 12:34:51 AM »
You're almost as funny as you are clueless!

As long as Cam plays injured like he did last year and this year, they are better off with him not playing. 

0-2 this year playing injured
What did they finish last year in games he played injured?  0-5?  I cannot recall.

Unless healthy, he hurts his team out there.  He is a great player when healthy, but he isn’t right now and hasn’t been for quite some time.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2019, 06:56:45 AM »
As long as Cam plays injured like he did last year and this year, they are better off with him not playing. 

0-2 this year playing injured
What did they finish last year in games he played injured?  0-5?  I cannot recall.

Unless healthy, he hurts his team out there.  He is a great player when healthy, but he isn’t right now and hasn’t been for quite some time.

That's not what you said the first time; that isn't even what you implied. But sure, the Panthers are better with a healthy, decent alternative than a badly injured Cam Newton.

The same is true for pretty much any team and any QB.

Here in Charlotte, when Cam was healthy, leading the team to the Super Bowl and winning the MVP, more "fans" than one might think possible actually preferred 106-year-old Derek Anderson. Hmm. I wonder why.

Anyhoo, Cam's replacement, Kyle Allen, played very well against a horrendous AZ team last week, but yesterday he lost 3 fumbles and was unable to move the offense most of the game despite yet another brilliant performance by McCaffrey. Allen did make a couple of very nice throws - including a late one when he somehow avoided being beheaded by Watt and delivered a pass that helped set up the clinching FG.

As backup QBs go, he seems decent enough, though there isn't much body of work to go on yeet. But I sure hope Cam comes back healthy in a few weeks.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »
That's not what you said the first time; that isn't even what you implied. But sure, the Panthers are better with a healthy, decent alternative than a badly injured Cam Newton.

The same is true for pretty much any team and any QB.

Here in Charlotte, when Cam was healthy, leading the team to the Super Bowl and winning the MVP, more "fans" than one might think possible actually preferred 106-year-old Derek Anderson. Hmm. I wonder why.

Anyhoo, Cam's replacement, Kyle Allen, played very well against a horrendous AZ team last week, but yesterday he lost 3 fumbles and was unable to move the offense most of the game despite yet another brilliant performance by McCaffrey. Allen did make a couple of very nice throws - including a late one when he somehow avoided being beheaded by Watt and delivered a pass that helped set up the clinching FG.

As backup QBs go, he seems decent enough, though there isn't much body of work to go on yeet. But I sure hope Cam comes back healthy in a few weeks.

I said Panthers better without Cam....

I stand by it.  Feel free to prove my opinion wrong. Spend hours on it if you wish. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2019, 08:46:33 AM »

I stand by it.  Feel free to prove my opinion wrong. Spend hours on it if you wish.

Your take is terrible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2019, 08:49:30 AM »

Arguing for sake of arguing. Exhausting.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2019, 09:11:06 AM »
Your take is terrible.

If you think the Panthers are better with him playing hurt, have at it.  They weren’t at the end of last year and not this year.  Needs to get healthy. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2019, 09:23:40 AM »
America better without Catholics.

(Note, I neither said nor even implied that America is better only without Catholic priests who have been proven guilty of molesting children, but it was obvious that's what I was saying. And if you don't agree that's what I obviously was saying, I'll just keep arguing for the sake of arguing.)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »
If you think the Panthers are better with him playing hurt, have at it.  They weren’t at the end of last year and not this year.  Needs to get healthy.

That's not what you said.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2019, 10:36:17 AM »
That's not what you said.

Panthers better without Cam Newton....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »
Your take is terrible.

When you have one of the biggest Cam Newton haters telling you that your anti-Cam take is awful, you probably should sit a few plays out and enter concussion protocol.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2019, 10:46:06 AM »
When you have one of the biggest Cam Newton haters telling you that your anti-Cam take is awful, you probably should sit a few plays out and enter concussion protocol.

Yup.

Panthers better without Cam Newton....

Yeah.  Your take sucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »
Suspend him for the year. As blatant of head hunting and launching as you’ll see from a guy who clearly hasn’t learned his lesson.

Nailed it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #413 on: September 30, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
Without pay as well.  Good move by the NFL.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2019, 11:06:59 AM »
It’s funny how many people do not understand what the meaning or usage of an ellipsis is

Panthers better off without Cam.....

Truly amazing.  English was taught in journalism school, yes?  LOL

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #415 on: September 30, 2019, 11:13:26 AM »
Without pay as well.  Good move by the NFL.

Agreed.  Slowly but surely they are "getting it".

Its funny, I would bet any amount of money that Burfict has an undiagnosed personality disorder, which is usually the source of such absurd anger and violence issues.  But back to our CTE discussion, for so long, football has encouraged that sort of behavior.  Obliterating guys across the middle.  Taking people's heads off.  Its was wildly cheered and promoted.  Chuck Cecil was a lunatic who literally hit like Burfict did every game and was still a Pro Bowler before it finally started to catch up with him later in his career.  Perfect place if you had anger issues and wanted to "take it out" on someone.

The NFL realized the future of the game depended on removing that element, and they go overboard sometimes, but overall the direction is right.  Burfict has been a liability since college.  He should have been a top 2 round pick and went undrafted cause he was such an a**hole.  Getting a second chance and multiple nice contracts hasn't dissuaded him at all.  Good riddance

MU82

• All American
« Reply #416 on: September 30, 2019, 11:25:33 AM »
It’s funny how many people do not understand what the meaning or usage of an ellipsis is

Panthers better off without Cam.....

Truly amazing.  English was taught in journalism school, yes?  LOL

Because I don't want to bog down the NFL thread by getting wrapped up in yet another typically ridiculous hoopaloop argument for the sake of argument, I will only say that a properly used ellipsis is almost always only three dots, and that the way you used it in this example generally would not be approved by grammar experts.

https://literaryterms.net/ellipsis/

If you would like to learn more about proper use of an ellipsis, either start a new thread dedicated to grammar, or PM me.

As for the intellectual dishonesty you so routinely display, and have displayed again here ... that also would be more appropriate in a different thread. Perhaps one in which you are tearfully begging Scoop forgiveness and promising to stop being such a hoopalooper.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #417 on: September 30, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »
As a Minnesotan, I'm pleased the Vikings are 2-2 and we can stop watching them this season. 

Such a time-saver knowing this in September.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #418 on: September 30, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
Because I don't want to bog down the NFL thread by getting wrapped up in yet another typically ridiculous hoopaloop argument for the sake of argument, I will only say that a properly used ellipsis is almost always only three dots, and that the way you used it in this example generally would not be approved by grammar experts.

https://literaryterms.net/ellipsis/

If you would like to learn more about proper use of an ellipsis, either start a new thread dedicated to grammar, or PM me.

As for the intellectual dishonesty you so routinely display, and have displayed again here ... that also would be more appropriate in a different thread. Perhaps one in which you are tearfully begging Scoop forgiveness and promising to stop being such a hoopalooper.

The ellipsis definition "the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues."  Apparently "Panthers better off without Cam..." apparently the contextual clues didn't go off for you and others.  LOL.

3 or 4 dots

Using the Ellipsis
The ellipsis is used to indicate the omission of words in the middle of a quoted sentence or the omission of sentences within a quoted paragraph. In creative writing, the ellipsis functions to indicate that the speaker has trailed off and left a sentence or thought unfinished.

The ellipsis can consist of either three or four periods, or dots. A single dot is called an ellipsis point. An ellipsis that indicates the omission of one or more words within a sentence consists of three spaced dots. In this case, in addition to the spaces between the dots, we put a space before the first ellipsis point and after the last one as well.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #419 on: September 30, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
The ellipsis definition "the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues."  Apparently "Panthers better off without Cam..." apparently the contextual clues didn't go off for you and others.  LOL.

3 or 4 dots

Using the Ellipsis
The ellipsis is used to indicate the omission of words in the middle of a quoted sentence or the omission of sentences within a quoted paragraph. In creative writing, the ellipsis functions to indicate that the speaker has trailed off and left a sentence or thought unfinished.

The ellipsis can consist of either three or four periods, or dots. A single dot is called an ellipsis point. An ellipsis that indicates the omission of one or more words within a sentence consists of three spaced dots. In this case, in addition to the spaces between the dots, we put a space before the first ellipsis point and after the last one as well.

Your take is terrible.  Debating the English language doesn't save you from your terrible take.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #420 on: September 30, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »
As a Minnesotan, I'm pleased the Vikings are 2-2 and we can stop watching them this season. 

Such a time-saver knowing this in September.

Man that has to be a frustrating team.  So many really nice pieces, but y'all vastly overpaid for a mediocre QB and Zimmer seems incredibly stubborn with his offensive approach.  A staunch commitment to the run only works with a lead.  You fall behind by 10 points against a decent defense and you're in a world of trouble.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #421 on: September 30, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
Nobody cares because it is the Lions and it will always be the Lions, but on the final Hail Mary, Kansas City was allowed to knock the Lions receiver to the ground while the ball was in the air and the receiver was preparing to go up for it.    According to the NFL, they looked at the play but decided to not bring the teams back out onto the field because everybody knows certain things are allowed defensively on Hail Mary jump balls.     Apparently tackling, if the Lions are on offense.    No biggy.   Just another opportunity for a rule to be more clearly defined after it hurts the Lions.

Watch the bottom of the screen between the 10 and 5 as the ball starts coming down.

https://twitter.com/zachswies/status/1178410417208594432?s=20
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #422 on: September 30, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
Nobody cares because it is the Lions and it will always be the Lions, but on the final Hail Mary, Kansas City was allowed to knock the Lions receiver to the ground while the ball was in the air and the receiver was preparing to go up for it.    According to the NFL, they looked at the play but decided to not bring the teams back out onto the field because everybody knows certain things are allowed defensively on Hail Mary jump balls.     Apparently tackling, if the Lions are on offense.    No biggy.   Just another opportunity for a rule to be more clearly defined after it hurts the Lions.

Watch the bottom of the screen between the 10 and 5 as the ball starts coming down.

https://twitter.com/zachswies/status/1178410417208594432?s=20

Thinking there is a conspiracy against the Lions is silly.

As for this particular situation, I think the officiating statement and actions is worse than the call or lack thereof.  He wasn't "tackled".  Jones looks to initiate the contact when he's trying to find the ball and Sorenson keeps running.  He didn't even push or extend his arms.  Attempting to change direction with his momentum going the other way is the reason Jones went down.  Thats probably a no-call even on a normal long pass.  The NFL head of officiating said he didn't see PI after the game.  The only people I can see upset are Lions-affliated, everyone neutral thinks it was fine.

But it was definitely bundled with their opting not to do a review and making flimsy statements.  Lions fans still would have said they were screwed, but there is more than enough to uphold the no call on the field and the officials at least wouldn't have looked lazy and incompetent.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2019, 12:48:26 PM »
Your take is terrible.  Debating the English language doesn't save you from your terrible take.

Your inability to read it and understand that Cam in his current state is what I was stating and thus the ... even helping you by saying Cam is a great player, but that also was lost. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2019, 12:49:17 PM »
Packers get 10 days to prepare for Cowboys playing late Sunday on the road.  Got to give the edge to the Packers, especially with the two big injuries Cowboys took last night.