[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 316998 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2019, 07:54:01 AM »
I hope that if AB is guilty he is punished accordingly and if he did nothing wrong he is not incorrectly charged.

I also am glad that AB is not on the Green Bay Packers, whether he is guilty of this or not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2019, 09:08:04 AM »
Interesting that you poke holes in her story, but don't address the holes in AB's. Namely that the accuser has text messages backing up her story, and that contradict his.

Just as he has text messages and eye witnesses of her being so upset about this that she continually reached out, went to his place countless times, offered to be his trainer, etc ....

Lots of holes....he said she said....so guy must be guilty, eh?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »
Just as he has text messages and eye witnesses of her being so upset about this that she continually reached out, went to his place countless times, offered to be his trainer, etc ....

Lots of holes....he said she said....so guy must be guilty, eh?

Based on what we know right now, which is essentially nothing, there is supposedly physical evidence (texts) consistent with her assault story of him masturbating in her presence and ejaculating on her without permission.

Even if all the rest turns out to be false, and even if it was true they were in a consensual relationship, and even if she reached out to him after the fact, that act, and the associated evidence are sufficient to prove criminal assault.

Let's see what is all out there. Still early in this whole news story. But if she does have a text where he admits that act, and apologizes for it (as she claims), then AB is in for a world of hurt.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:44 AM »
Of course they didn't.

The New England Patriots are the 21st Century answer to the Green Bay Packers of the 1960s. Investigating Bill Bellichek would be akin to Pete Rozelle investigating Vince Lombardi in the 1960s. You just don't do it.

Everybody who hates the Patriots (and there are many) hates the Patriots for the same reason people from across the country hated the Packers in the 1960s. They win. They have a swagger others thought of as arrogance.

Both had very "obnoxious" head coaches.

That’s not the reason.

According to an interview today with Mike Florio, it’s because neither the Raiders nor the Steelers are making a big deal of it. Furthermore this stuff happens all the time so without a complaint they’re really not compelled to investigate.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2019, 12:06:50 PM »
Because Rodger let’s the Pats get away with anything they want.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2019, 12:31:34 PM »

That’s not the reason.

According to an interview today with Mike Florio, it’s because neither the Raiders nor the Steelers are making a big deal of it. Furthermore this stuff happens all the time so without a complaint they’re really not compelled to investigate.

Does it?

• All American
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
Yes.  There is a ton of tampering (by the letter of the law) happening all the time in the NFL.  Most teams, and the league in general, really don't care that much because everyone is engaged in in.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2019, 02:53:30 PM »
I've got a bad feeling about the Bears at Denver on Sunday. 10 day layoff, going to altitude, probably hot that day, just seems ripe for a disaster.

Also, I'm tired of the Bears making dumb PR decisions under Nagy. Telling Mitch not to talk about the Packer game today at his weekly press conference is not just dumb, but makes the Bears PR team and Nagy look stupid.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
I've got a bad feeling about the Bears at Denver on Sunday. 10 day layoff, going to altitude, probably hot that day, just seems ripe for a disaster.

Also, I'm tired of the Bears making dumb PR decisions under Nagy. Telling Mitch not to talk about the Packer game today at his weekly press conference is not just dumb, but makes the Bears PR team and Nagy look stupid.

I agree that the Bears are ripe for an upset, but I just don't think Flacco and Denver are the ones to do it. That is one bad team.

But if it would happen, the Bears would be in huge trouble this year.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2019, 03:16:21 PM »
Because Rodger let’s the Pats get away with anything they want.

THe main reason people hate Pats fans outside of their success is their whining.  6 rings.  Modern dynasty and unsurpassed success.  Some shady skirting of rules and grey area that they've gotten away without much punishment.  Yet, most Pats fans, especially the loud ones, have a victim complex and think everyone, including Goodell and the league, are out to get them.  Its preposterous.  They are arrogant and yet fragile as hell.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2019, 03:56:43 PM »

I don’t see it as a bad PRmove, but rather that they question Mitch’s mental toughness.

I see Mitch as equal to Ryan Tannyhill at best. But if the bears are worried about what goes on in his head, they could be headed for disaster.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2019, 05:56:52 PM »
We’re less than a week removed from discussing the possibility of the Bears finishing the season with the best record in the NFL. Now we’re thinking they might lose at Denver.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2019, 07:08:30 PM »
We’re less than a week removed from discussing the possibility of the Bears finishing the season with the best record in the NFL. Now we’re thinking they might lose at Denver.

Methinks the correct prediction is somewhere in the middle. They will have some regression from last year, but nothing major.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2019, 09:13:49 PM »

It wasn’t me that said that.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2019, 11:10:58 PM »
Cam had the “I can’t wait to get the hell out of this stadium” look all night.

0-2 with 2 home losses to start is no bueno for Carolina.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2019, 11:13:12 PM »
This is for 82. Of course, all opinions are welcome.

Did Newton seem totally uninterested in the game? I thought his actions and attitude on the field made Jay Cutler look like Mr. Positive.

Could be a long year in N.C. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2019, 11:15:26 PM »
Cam had the “I can’t wait to get the hell out of this stadium” look all night.

0-2 with 2 home losses to start is no bueno for Carolina.

Looks like we saw the exact same thing.

Ugh.... you beat me with the post ;)

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2019, 11:19:47 PM »

I agree that the Bears are ripe for an upset, but I just don't think Flacco and Denver are the ones to do it. That is one bad team.

But if it would happen, the Bears would be in huge trouble this year.

If the Bears lose Sunday, they are in big trouble. They have Washington, the Vikings, Oakland, then New Orleans and the LA Chargers coming up. If they cannot beat Denver, there is not a sure win in the bunch, making the Bears potentially 0-7 and in the hunt for a first round replacement for Mitch. If they right the ship, they could conceivably defeat Oakland, Washington and the Chargers -- New Orleans and Minnesota may be too much.

Then again, maybe not. This is the "Any given Sunday" league.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2019, 11:19:48 PM »

Looks like we saw the exact same thing.

Ugh.... you beat me with the post ;)

Yeah, completely agree, it was obvious his body language was poor, he’s hurt, doesn’t want to be there...something for sure.

He no sold that last Panther offensive play like no other.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2019, 11:23:56 PM »
If the Bears lose Sunday, they are in big trouble. They have Washington, the Vikings, Oakland, then New Orleans and the LA Chargers coming up. If they cannot beat Denver, there is not a sure win in the bunch, making the Bears potentially 0-7 and in the hunt for a first round replacement for Mitch. If they right the ship, they could conceivably defeat Oakland, Washington and the Chargers -- New Orleans and Minnesota may be too much.

Then again, maybe not. This is the "Any given Sunday" league.

Completely agree, dg.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2019, 11:40:32 PM »
This is for 82. Of course, all opinions are welcome.

Did Newton seem totally uninterested in the game? I thought his actions and attitude on the field made Jay Cutler look like Mr. Positive.

Could be a long year in N.C.

Cam is one of the most intense competitors I've ever seen, and I didn't get the vibe at all that he was mailing it in.

He had a poor night overall. He got little help from his offensive line. The LT was like a rusty gate; #58 was living in Cam's face. Plus, never got any holes opened for the running game.

I think Cam is still hurting a little; not nearly as explosive a runner, so they're not even trying him as one. I mean ... 4th and half-yard with the game on the line -- for 8 years that would have been a near-automatic Cam keeper, and he converted darn near 100% of the time.

It definitely is gonna be a long year. I hate to say "must win" in the second game of the season, but you can't start 0-2, with both losses at home, including one to Tampa. I went in thinking maybe 9-7 or 10-6 because I thought they had fixed some holes and I'm an optimist at heart, but I doubt they'll get close to that now.

The only good news is that I seriously considered going to that game but I'm glad I decided not to. As frustrating as it was watching on TV, would have been 10x that in person. Plus the deluge that caused the delay woulda been oh so fun in person.

I'm not a happy camper, but that's sports. At least Wojo got another fine recruit, so my other team had a good day!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2019, 05:51:58 AM »
Yeah he definitely looked completely uninterested.

• All American
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »
I have never got the vibe that Cam is an “intense competitor.”  More often I see a lot of negative body language when things go south early. Now everyone has that to some extent but Cam doesn’t seem to rally back from that. This is all opinion that may not be backed up by fact.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2019, 07:55:38 AM »
I have never got the vibe that Cam is an “intense competitor.”  More often I see a lot of negative body language when things go south early. Now everyone has that to some extent but Cam doesn’t seem to rally back from that. This is all opinion that may not be backed up by fact.
Most intense competitors don’t show up to the stadium looking like one of the golden girls either.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2019, 08:20:05 AM »
I don't know. I saw some pretty bad body language from Aaron Rodgers last week. I guess that confirms that he's a poor competitor.

Cam has not been good enough this season, and he fully accepted responsibility in his comments after the game last night. But maybe all of Scoop's amateur psychologists are right and Cam just doesn't give a damn.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback