[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2019 British Open  (Read 7571 times)

RJax55

• All American
Re: 2019 British Open
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 11:48:33 AM »
Tiger, shut it down.   Too cold, too wet, too much back and leg pain, too much rough.

I hope golf fans truly enjoyed that Masters performance. It was a magical moment. Perhaps, in the right circumstances it can happen again.

But, he looks 60 years old out there. His body will never allow him to compete in events like this moving forward. He needs warm and dry conditions.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »
It was lightning in a bottle.    It was magic for the Tiger fans.    And it is possible he will catch lightning in a bottle again.    But all of the stars have to align.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
It was lightning in a bottle.    It was magic for the Tiger fans.    And it is possible he will catch lightning in a bottle again.    But all of the stars have to align.

Pretty sure he’ll be happy to go home early during the playoffs.  Everything after Augusta is gravy
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »
Rahmbo is playing very well right now.    Will he be able to control his emotions when a couple of shots go astray?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »
Rahmbo is playing very well right now.    Will he be able to control his emotions when a couple of shots go astray?

No

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 03:03:18 PM »
JB Holmes.   A one round wonder historically.    But a very good first round, nonetheless.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »
JB Holmes.   A one round wonder historically.    But a very good first round, nonetheless.
The guy can control his ball in the wind so he may hang around a while.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 03:06:35 PM »
He hits it through the wind.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:21 PM »
He hits it through the wind.

He waits for the wind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 03:37:40 PM »
JB was freakishly long before everyone was freakishly long.   Then the brain surgery.  Has won a few tourneys, but hasn't really gotten close in a major.  Other than the brain tumor, it sounds like Gary Woodland.   One round.   Let us see what the weather does.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 03:50:53 PM »
Koepka may be one of my least favorite athletes of all time.

I know he's a decent enough guy, never been in any trouble, and the best golfer in the world right now, but there's something about him that just irks me and I just can't figure out why.

harmless.  has a chip on his shoulder and so would i.  tiger texted/asked him if he would do a practice round with him after congratulating him on his us open victory.  never got a response=weird.  but he did say that he only practices before majors-kinda weird again, but that's what brooks and i have in common ;)

once again, we don't know the rest of the story-maybe tiger tried showing brooks girl his putter err sumpin ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 03:53:48 PM »
Tiger wanted to pick Koepka's caddy's brain. 1500 rounds at Portrush.  Koepka takes the majors very seriously.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
Tiger wanted to pick Koepka's caddy's brain. 1500 rounds at Portrush.  Koepka takes the majors very seriously.

This.

Let's not make more of it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 04:26:26 PM »
Wow, I did not know that. That knowledge could be quite helpful.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
Didn’t get a chance to see any of the play today. What happened to Tiger? Was he unable to get his glutes to fire?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »
What's not to love about IJP?  Grinder, good guy, loves the Ryder Cup.

He once bragged about never having read a single book in his life.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
Didn’t get a chance to see any of the play today. What happened to Tiger? Was he unable to get his glutes to fire?

He looked old and beaten

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 07:24:28 PM »
Koepka may be one of my least favorite athletes of all time.

I know he's a decent enough guy, never been in any trouble, and the best golfer in the world right now, but there's something about him that just irks me and I just can't figure out why.

I felt exactly the way you describe about him....couldn’t put my finger on it....maybe because he’s just too buff, too machine-like, and too good....then i heard something that confirmed my weird loathing of him...on the Asian tour, he developed a liking for horse meat.

If I could’ve pegged one guy on Tour who just looked like he committed that one mortal sin for the NDC, it would’ve been Koepka. Any tournament he wins tears me apart from the core....it’s almost like being forced to watch Tom Watson be scalped at the wire again and again by Stewie Cink.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2019, 07:32:41 PM »
I felt exactly the way you describe about him....couldn’t put my finger on it....maybe because he’s just too buff, too machine-like, and too good....then i heard something that confirmed my weird loathing of him...on the Asian tour, he developed a liking for horse meat.

If I could’ve pegged one guy on Tour who just looked like he committed that one mortal sin for the NDC, it would’ve been Koepka. Any tournament he wins tears me apart from the core....it’s almost like being forced to watch Tom Watson be scalped at the wire again and again by Stewie Cink.
Brooks is just pissed because he won 4 majors and has no media love. 

The guy comes from great athletic genes. His great uncle is Dick Groat, two sport athlete who was College Basketball player of the year in 1952 and NL MVP in baseball in 1960.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2019, 12:00:08 AM »

Excellent observation. He's simply not a very good golfer any more compared to his peers. They hit it farther, hit it more accurately, hit it more consistently, have better short games, are better putters, are just as mentally tough and are far healthier. Winning the Masters was a ridiculously amazing performance. 
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2019, 06:59:30 AM »
  "They hit it farther, hit it more accurately, hit it more consistently, have better short games, are better putters, are just as mentally tough and are far healthier"

don't...don't don't don't don't

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
Needs to be hot for Tiger to muster a performance. No need for him to even travel to The Open anymore.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
Tiger winning this past Masters had the feel of like when Babe Ruth hit 3 HR and drove in 6 for the Boston Braves in a 1935 game or Jerry Rice had 8 catches for 145 yards for Seattle in a 2004 game.

It was an all-time great giving everybody one final moment of greatness.

That's probably extreme, because those 2 clearly were at the end while it isn't preposterous to think Tiger could do it again. Then again, back then it might not have been preposterous to think that Babe and Rice could keep going, too.

Maybe better: Michael Jordan hitting several last-second winners and having numerous 40+ point games for the Wizards. He could still occasionally hang with the young'uns, but he clearly was no longer MICHAEL JORDAN!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
Lee Westwood doing well through 2 rounds. This may be one of his last chances at a major. Would like to see him win this.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback