collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories--Are you a Buff or are they Bunk?  (Read 31753 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Conspiracy Theories--Are you a Buff or are they Bunk?
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 11:23:48 AM »
I also, last week, heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard Ron Coomer, (drunkenly talking at his bar in Lockport), that the reason Ben Zobrist hasn't returned to the Cubs is because a current player was sleeping with Zobrist's wife.

This theory evolved into Mike Montgomery being the offender, and Monty's trade ushering in Zobrist's forthcoming return to the team.

Infidelity breaking up the Zobrist marriage was pretty obvious.  It being a current player I remember rumbling around pretty quick after.  Far stranger things have happened. 

Russell felt like it was just an easy jump cause he's a scumbag.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 11:25:05 AM »
The Patrick Sharp sleeping with Duncan Keith's wife rumour
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »
I also, last week, heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard Ron Coomer, (drunkenly talking at his bar in Lockport), that the reason Ben Zobrist hasn't returned to the Cubs is because a current player was sleeping with Zobrist's wife.

This theory evolved into Mike Montgomery being the offender, and Monty's trade ushering in Zobrist's forthcoming return to the team.

Couldn’t have Ron Coomer. He would have called him Benny- not Ben. Cub games are unlistenable when Lester pitches. Every other statement out of Coomer’s mouth is “Jonny this” or Jonny that”. If Lester goes 6, the word “Jonny” will be uttered dozens of times.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:23:33 PM by Jockey »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2019, 12:26:30 PM »
The Patrick Sharp sleeping with _______ __________'s wife/girlfriend/weather woman rumour

FIFY

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »
I would like to point out that there is a difference between a conspiracy theory and a rumor -- and a lot of these are just rumors.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »
I would like to point out that there is a difference between a conspiracy theory and a rumor -- and a lot of these are just rumors.

Yup.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
So while I think there is other intelligent life in the universe, I don’t think we have any evidence that it exists for a number of reasons.

First we are located in a pretty insignificant part of the galaxy. If the galaxy were the Milwaukee metropolitan area, we’d be located in a cornfield in Washington County somewhere.

Second we really have only had the ability and knowledge to possibly identify other intelligent life for about 100 years. That is such a small part of time given the age of the universe. It’s like defining your life by what occurs in any given second.

So even though logically it makes sense that life exists elsewhere, that doesn’t mean we have been visited or that lack of proof means anything.

A fellow Marquette alum -- and classmate to many of us -- on the question of whether intelligent life exists in the universe (and why it hasn't contacted us).

A fellow Marquette alum (and classmate of many of us) on the question of whether intelligent life exists in the universe.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:47:00 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2019, 03:24:56 PM »
I flown in/out of DEN too many times to remember, and I’ve never heard of any conspiracy theories until now.

Umm, think about it. The basic theories behind the DIA Conspiracy are as follows:

1) The RTC needed a bail-out plan for the bad loans acquired from Silverado Savings (aka, Bush Family Savings)

2) Denver hadn't had a big land rush in a long time and the closing of Stapleton created two huge opportunities.

3) Eastern Kansas needed new residents -- and since the airport is the Kansas Worldport, well....

4) Someone in Denver hates me and thought it would be a great practical joke to open an airport in Kansas so I would have to leave downtown Denver six hours before flight time to make my flight.

5) United Airlines wanted a shiny new terminal to go with its shiny new planes.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »
Well actually the conspiracies at DIA have to do with new world order, real tinfoil hat type stuff. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denver_Airport_conspiracy_theories
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 05:48:58 PM »
Cal Ripken's streak would've been broken in 1997 because he spent the morning beating up Kevin Costner, (who was banging his wife), but the Orioles faked a "electrical failure" at Camden Yards.

I'd believe that theory more if the "incident" had taken place before Ripken, Jr. had broken Gehrig's record.  That said, there is the conspiracy theory that Cal was a major scumbag and had women in many different cities, but the media kept quiet because he was Baltimore and they'd lose access if it was ever disclosed.

Very similar to the Seattle media protecting Russel Wilson's wild lifestyle after his "born again virgin" announcement.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2019, 06:14:47 PM »
So you can wrap your head around the assassinations of 3 extremely prominent and "dangerous" American political figures for what they threatened to the status quo, can buy a Vatican conspiracy involving attempts on the life of sitting Popes with varying success, but Princess Di being potentially assassinated is asinine?  Not trying to pick on you, just curious.

I dont disagree with much of your list, I just find it intriguing.  Ive read a decent amount on the events and sentiment surrounding her death and its very interesting

Oops guess I deleted her on accident.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »
I'd believe that theory more if the "incident" had taken place before Ripken, Jr. had broken Gehrig's record.  That said, there is the conspiracy theory that Cal was a major scumbag and had women in many different cities, but the media kept quiet because he was Baltimore and they'd lose access if it was ever disclosed.

Very similar to the Seattle media protecting Russel Wilson's wild lifestyle after his "born again virgin" announcement.
And/or Wisconsin looking the other way on Favre
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »
Well actually the conspiracies at DIA have to do with new world order, real tinfoil hat type stuff. 

No Brother Fluffy, it has to do with making my life miserable by locating an airport as far away from downtown Denver as humanly possible.

Kansas needed an economic shot in the arm.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 08:54:27 PM »

Same thing with the Chicago media and Michael Jordan.
Have some patience, FFS.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2019, 10:30:17 PM »
Buzz jumped to VT before he was pushed

And speaking of Aliens among us ... have you looked closely at Chris Outle?

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2019, 11:17:43 PM »
The best argument I've ever heard (and that I now repeat, especially with my students) is that if there was any chance the moon landing was faked the Russians would have "called BS".  If the Russians, who had everything to gain from revealing our fake moon landing, stayed silent, you can bet they knew we actually did it.

With US hegemony comes first dibs on the fakery.
Remember, “the world is but a stage.”
Stanley Kubrick’s readaptation of Stephen King’s THE SHINING is seen by some, including the director’s own daughter, as an admission of his fakery at the behest of elites.

Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »
I heard a theory that Chicos, Hoopaloop, and WarriorDad are not actually the same individual. Rather, Chicos was kidnapped by space aliens, they cloned him to create Hoopaloop and WarriorDad, with the goal of slowly taking over scoop.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2019, 11:30:05 PM »

More distractions for mental midgets. The irony is that the perils of the NWO are beyond real.....aliens not so much. President GHW Bush is said to have referenced the NWO over 5,000 times during his Presidency. The Project for the New American Century, a cabal-like think tank not unlike the CFR and Trilateral Commision held meetings about a year from 9/11/01 which discussed “the necessity for a Pearl-Harbor-like event to galvanize public support” for war in the Middle East. 
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2019, 11:44:56 PM »
More distractions for mental midgets. The irony is that the perils of the NWO are beyond real.....aliens not so much. President GHW Bush is said to have referenced the NWO over 5,000 times during his Presidency. The Project for the New American Century, a cabal-like think tank not unlike the CFR and Trilateral Commision held meetings about a year from 9/11/01 which discussed “the necessity for a Pearl-Harbor-like event to galvanize public support” for war in the Middle East.

The NWO is perilous and beyond real.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2019, 12:22:55 AM »

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2019, 01:28:42 AM »

That’s pretty good, I must say.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2019, 05:14:44 AM »

Too sweet.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2019, 07:14:12 AM »
We will know the truth about #4 when millions of people storm Area 51 on September 20th this year.   ;D

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2019, 08:11:28 AM »
On Atlantis:

Ocean levels are believed to be higher now than they were at various points in human history.  Islands, land bridges, and a lot of coastline are now believed to be underwater.

There are scientists currently looking for submerged human settlements along coastlines.  They may not find "Atlantis" but the search for lost cities and human settlements is on going.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »

Zorbist's wife lives in Nashville. She works in country music crowd where infidelity is the way to the next song. But she’s really doing it with the geeky pitcher with the young wife and infant???

4th hand story probably started with “remember Sandberg’s wife was shacking up with Palmiero?”
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.