'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: $100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets  (Read 16972 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: $100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 08:00:50 PM »
.....and that would mean one less thing to bitch about.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2019, 09:44:56 AM »
Anyone who forces you into digital tickets is doing so so that they can make more money selling your data. They will sell your info to 3rd parties

I don't disagree that your information is being sold.  However, as long as MU has your email address, the same information can get sold when you buy paper tickets and have them scanned at the game.    Really no different than digital in this case.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2019, 10:41:34 AM »
I miss being going up day of game and buying tickets on the street from those who have extras.  Don't like the idea of having to give personal information to someone in order to transfer the tickets.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »
I miss being going up day of game and buying tickets on the street from those who have extras.  Don't like the idea of having to give personal information to someone in order to transfer the tickets.

I second this. Have to imagine this limits the resale market to StubHub and other such services far more than the paper tickets.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2019, 11:37:54 AM »
I nominate this thread for the most boomer thread in scoop history.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »
I nominate this thread for the most boomer thread in scoop history.

Amen.  They’re earning their sweater vests in this thread no doubt.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »

All you have to give them is an email.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2019, 06:06:22 PM »
The way to market this is call it a $100 discount for electronic versus paper.   
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »
I don't disagree that your information is being sold.  However, as long as MU has your email address, the same information can get sold when you buy paper tickets and have them scanned at the game.    Really no different than digital in this case.
So that's how you're all making huge profit? Selling our info, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »

Yes, but what they ultimately want is your consumption data...which is linked to the geolocator part of the app you use to get scanned into the arena.

What entrance do you come in from
What time do you arrive before games
When do you leave the games
How often do you get up from your seats
Where do you go (concession stands, bathroom, etc)
Did you buy merchandise....did you do it after an ad on the jumbo screen
Etc etc

That’s the value that an email address only doesn’t provide

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2019, 09:31:32 PM »
Yes, but what they ultimately want is your consumption data...which is linked to the geolocator part of the app you use to get scanned into the arena.

Etc etc

As much as people (deservedly so) want to protect their privacy, I feel like anyone buying my data would get absolutely ripped off.

Entrance: JC
Arrival time: 10-15 min before tip
Exit time: Don't leave until the final buzzer under (almost) any circumstances (did it once. Vandy in 2011, only time I felt like the team quit).
Leave seat: Go to the bathroom at half maybe 50% of the time.
Merch:  Only non-ticket money I have ever spent at the FiFo was buying a single beer during the Bucks home opener last year, just to say that I did (also so I could keep tabs on game 6 of the NLCS)

If you want to pay for that info, go right ahead.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2019, 09:47:19 PM »
As much as people (deservedly so) want to protect their privacy, I feel like anyone buying my data would get absolutely ripped off.

Entrance: JC
Arrival time: 10-15 min before tip
Exit time: Don't leave until the final buzzer under (almost) any circumstances (did it once. Vandy in 2011, only time I felt like the team quit).
Leave seat: Go to the bathroom at half maybe 50% of the time.
Merch:  Only non-ticket money I have ever spent at the FiFo was buying a single beer during the Bucks home opener last year, just to say that I did (also so I could keep tabs on game 6 of the NLCS)

If you want to pay for that info, go right ahead.

Heaven forbid that this mystical MUBB game app, which I have never seen btw, syncs up to my Fitbit. My resting heart rate during these crappy OOC games might signal MU to send the Bell Paramedic Squad to my seat to see if I died from the lack of competition on the floor.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2019, 11:00:43 PM »

Etc etc

Your geolocator accuracy and timing beliefs are a far cry from truth.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2019, 03:02:11 PM »
Your geolocator accuracy and timing beliefs are a far cry from truth.

Actually seen them in action at several stadiums we are involved with.  Hardly far from the truth depending if they are connected to wifi, and in the soon to be 5G world the tests done are absolutely amazing...can even determine from a 3D perspective what floor they are on.  Interesting things coming, some already here and testing in the real world.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2019, 04:12:09 PM »
Actually seen them in action at several stadiums we are involved with.  Hardly far from the truth depending if they are connected to wifi, and in the soon to be 5G world the tests done are absolutely amazing...can even determine from a 3D perspective what floor they are on.  Interesting things coming, some already here and testing in the real world.

Not an issue with the Fiserv Wifi.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2019, 07:33:56 AM »
Not an issue with the Fiserv Wifi.

In that the tracking won't work because it's so slow?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »
In that the tracking won't work because it's so slow?

Have some patience, FFS.

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
While I have a cell phone I don’t have a smart phone. I resent MU telling to spend hundreds of dollars a year upon a device I neither need nor want so they can save money.
I am not a Luddite as I own an Ipad and a desktop computer. I have no desire to schlep my Ipad to the games....

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2019, 09:49:35 AM »
While I have a cell phone I don’t have a smart phone. I resent MU telling to spend hundreds of dollars a year upon a device I neither need nor want so they can save money.
I am not a Luddite as I own an Ipad and a desktop computer. I have no desire to schlep my Ipad to the games....

Well you can pay $100 for printed tickets or go down to the ticket office and they will apparently print them for you for free.

Do people realize that buying season tickets is optional?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »

You could buy an old phone for like 50 dollars and just use that.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »

You either love your season tickets, warts and all. Or, you could just leave it.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2019, 07:32:19 PM »
Btw, Fiserv does not allow tablets...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »

The world is changing, my friend.  At some point last century, they removed all the hitching posts from downtown streets, and I am sure there were complaints aplenty that there was no place to tie up one's horse.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2019, 09:44:22 AM »
Hundreds of dollars?

Here's an unlocked Galaxy S4 (yes, an old phone, circa 2013/2014) for $70.  I mean, it's really old by today's standards, but if all you want to do is make phone calls and get into the FF, then it'll work just fine.  Buy it, put your sim in it, and it'll work just like 'ol flippy.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-16GB-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B00KHBZDMW
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:47:24 AM by rocky_warrior »