[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Autograph tips needed  (Read 2158 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Autograph tips needed
« on: June 25, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »
I have an old Mount Dunkmore poster from back in the day, still pristine in its original plastic. I'd love to get it signed and framed for my home office. Does anyone have any tips for how one would go about accomplishing that?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Autograph tips needed
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:52:43 AM »
I have an old Mount Dunkmore poster from back in the day, still pristine in its original plastic. I'd love to get it signed and framed for my home office. Does anyone have any tips for how one would go about accomplishing that?

Send it to me along with $100.  I'll turn it around in a week.  I'll even give you a certificate of authenticity (that is worth as much as many CoAs are).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »

In all seriousness, I'd think that this will be really difficult to pull off.  I would think that you'd have better luck trying to obtain separate signatures from each guy and then framing them all in one nice display.  I'm sure you could find autographed cards of each on-line, but I have no idea what that would cost.  Cool poster.  Good luck.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »
In all seriousness, I'd think that this will be really difficult to pull off.  I would think that you'd have better luck trying to obtain separate signatures from each guy and then framing them all in one nice display.  I'm sure you could find autographed cards of each on-line, but I have no idea what that would cost.  Cool poster.  Good luck.

Thanks, SAW. I kind of thought that might be the best answer but I don't really want to pay extra to buy each individual autograph - as well as the extra size/matting if I were to get it framed professionally.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 12:40:59 PM »
Just a guess, but a fair amount of travel will probably be needed.  Could stake out a Duke game to try to catch the Admiral (his son plays on the team), maybe try to Barkley at one of the many celebrity golf tournaments he plays in?  Pip is on the Jump based out of LA, but imagine he makes the autograph circuit for some extra $$$, and Jordan...good luck, no clue

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 04:24:34 PM »
Barkley was all over town last month with TNT while the Bucks were in the playoffs.  You may be able to hunt him down next season when they cover the Bucks again.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 11:05:53 PM »
Bring your kid. 

Or fine each guy's autograph shop partner and see what the guy that has real autograph access could do for you.  Might be a fun challenge for autograph geeks.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »
Bring your kid. 

Or fine each guy's autograph shop partner and see what the guy that has real autograph access could do for you.  Might be a fun challenge for autograph geeks.

Is this a real job? I've never even heard of this
Signature:

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 02:18:39 PM »
Is this a real job? I've never even heard of this
It's not a job per se.  Certain guys sign agreements with vendors to sign stuff for them.  Dwyane Wade, for example, used to have an exclusive deal with a company in Florida, Rich Altman Collectibles.  If you got Dwyane Wade stuff from them, it was very likely authentic and expensive.  Steiner Sports handles most of the Yankees stuff.  I have a lot of signed stuff, but most of it was from shows where I was standing in front of the guy when he signed it.  I do have some items from dealers who I think are reputable.

My only advice for collectibles is to just get stuff you want to have and don't expect to make money on it.  I have signed stuff and a picture of the guy signing it, and people still think it is fake.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 02:48:10 PM »
Rich Altman Collectibles

Altman's store in Florida -- Hollywood Collectibles -- is fantastic.  I spent a week in Fort Lauderdale years ago and was extremely busy the entire time.  The only non-work thing I did when I was there was a quick trip to that store.  I picked up a Pete Rose autograph on a Giamatti ball.  I thought it was kind of funny.

Like you, most of autographs I have were obtained personally (including several Dwyane Wade autos).  Generally speaking, certificates of authenticity are pretty much garbage.  But I do trust Altman's CoAs. 

And Warrior Code, my offer to take care of getting autographs on that poster still stands.  I'll even drop the price to $50.  It'll only take a couple days, and I'll give you a CoA. ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 04:32:02 PM »
A shop in Brookfield, cant remember the name of it, had Brat Farve's autographs exclusive to the Milwaukee area.  That was how I learned about that, but was 15+ years ago, so I got nothing more.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »
A shop in Brookfield, cant remember the name of it, had Brat Farve's autographs exclusive to the Milwaukee area.  That was how I learned about that, but was 15+ years ago, so I got nothing more.

Probably Jeff's Sportscards.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »
  wanna really see the value skyrocket ;)? have our infamous DUNKS sign that bad boy ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't