[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Montana  (Read 6679 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Montana
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 12:50:18 PM »
Cheeks

Don't let them know you are from CA. I have several friends that live in Bozeman area and they cannot stand the CA transplants. It is a big topic of conversation out there.

That's happening everywhere as people are scrambling to get out of California....state is an absolute mess.  Sad, so very sad.   People in Idaho pissed, Montana, Colorado, etc, because people are leaving here and in many ways changing their culture, their way of life.  I don't blame them, but this crap trap here is making many people say ENOUGH!  We next, cannot friggin wait.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:00:41 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
Sounds perfect.  Will you, Billy, Dad and Hoop be sharing the same IP address there too?

LOL.  Come up with the coins for the bet and happy to prove you wrong....all proceeds to charity. Offer still stands.  I guarantee you we don't share the same IP address.  I can't speak for Dad, but since I know Billy and where he lives and works, I can tell you that you are far off base. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »
Cheeks

Same in Texas. My buddies are pissed off that the CA transplants are allowed to vote so quickly.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 01:09:32 PM »
So you’re saying there are benefits to gun ownership?

Yes. Protection.  Hunting.  Sport. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »
Cheeks

Same in Texas. My buddies are pissed off that the CA transplants are allowed to vote so quickly.

Why?

And let's not push the false narrative that everyone is leaving Cali.Their population increases every year (not aimed at your reply, Goose).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:19:28 PM by Jockey »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 02:07:51 PM »
Why?

And let's not push the false narrative that everyone is leaving Cali.Their population increases every year (not aimed at your reply, Goose).

More people LEAVE than come in. The state is a net exporting population state now.  The only reason the state increases population is from in state population births, 480K in 2018, and international inbound, but that doesn't change that American citizens in California are leaving the state yearly than moving INTO the state...and it is currently accelerating according to the data. In the last few years, even with international inbounds, the net export of population has exceed all imports including international and domestic.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »
'Montana' is Spanish for 'mountain'.

"El Nino" is Spanish for "The Nino"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 06:33:23 PM »
Great thing is that 99% of tourists take the inner loop on their hike. Leaves the outer loop for those few of us who enjoy the beauty of, and want to commune with nature.

The outer loop is awesome when one has the time to linger.

Oh, and it's also nice how you guys are pissing all over Jockey's vaca thread.   ::) 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:36:13 PM by jsglow »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 11:03:22 PM »
Jockey, which money exchange are ya planning on usin' to turn your loonies into greenbacks, aina?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 12:54:29 AM »
Jockey, which money exchange are ya planning on usin' to turn your loonies into greenbacks, aina?

Huh????

No clue what you're saying.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 10:04:47 AM »
Illinois exodus might be worse.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »
Huh????

No clue what you're saying.

You live in Canada now, right?  You, stresisand, and the rest of the "going to Canada if he is elected" crowd.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2019, 05:12:38 PM »
You live in Canada now, right?  You, stresisand, and the rest of the "going to Canada if he is elected" crowd.

You wanna talk politics, go somewhere else. But thanks  :-\ for adding to the discussion.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2019, 07:31:53 AM »

Yup, he is committed to the cause.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
Friend who just moved to Bozeman sent me this a few days ago.  She's loving every minute of it.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2019, 12:28:48 PM »
Great pic. I didn't realize why it is called Big Sky Country until I was out there. The sky really does feel bigger.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 08:26:10 PM »
Minuteman Missile is kick butt.  Right at the exit for Badlands is the visitor station.  You can arrange a tour to get into the air force bunker where the dual keys would have been turned during the Cold War.  I believe it is only done once a day and I suspect the waiting list is long.  My timing has never worked.  About 10 miles further west on I-90, and only 200 yards off the freeway, is the Delta-9 launch site.  Each side (USA/USSR) was allowed to 'restore' one launch site for historical purposes.  One does a self guided cellphone tour.  Delta-9 was operational until only a few years ago.  There's a missile but no warhead in the silo.  Scary as hell. 

Now you know why the interstate highway out there is absolutely perfect.  Even today you can drive south of Rapid City on a road that rivals anything.  But there's no people or traffic to justify it.  Just today's modern launch sites if you know what to look for.  The route to Wind Cave takes you literally past the 'Keep out' fence where if you crossed you wouldn't look the same afterward.

Stopped at the missile site a couple days ago. It was outstanding. Showed both the brilliance and the madness of mankind at the same time.

A couple interesting things. One, I never realized when I drove out there when the kids were young that I was driving within a couple hundred yards of a live 120 megaton nuclear warhead. Two, I never realized missile sites were one of the reasons Eisenhower proposed the Interstate Highway system.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2019, 08:47:48 PM »
Mutually Assured Destruction

A beautiful thing.  Peace through Strength

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 08:58:12 PM »
Friend who just moved to Bozeman sent me this a few days ago.  She's loving every minute of it.

That would drive me nucking futs.   I can handle about 1 day of staring into space, then I need to be doing something.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »

Is that the town meth factory there in the foreground?

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2019, 11:01:44 PM »
Movin to Montana Soon......Gonna Be a Dental Floss Tycoon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmcYTShN4Fk

Porky's Favorite Part is at 3:39 Check it out!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2019, 11:21:34 AM »
Stopped at the missile site a couple days ago. It was outstanding. Showed both the brilliance and the madness of mankind at the same time.

A couple interesting things. One, I never realized when I drove out there when the kids were young that I was driving within a couple hundred yards of a live 120 megaton nuclear warhead. Two, I never realized missile sites were one of the reasons Eisenhower proposed the Interstate Highway system.

Spooky, isn't it? Totally worth the short stop.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2019, 08:16:23 PM »
Is that the town meth factory there in the foreground?

I hope so

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2019, 11:22:17 AM »
"El Nino" is Spanish for "The Nino"

"Fluffy Blue Monster" is Spanish for "Sultan"

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »

Amazing how nobody ever said "I am moving to Mexico!"