[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by NickelDimer
[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Here come the judge...  (Read 35006 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Here come the judge...
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »
Does that make it wrong

Let's keep it simple. Yes.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »
This could get fun.  I’d actually like to here people’s opinions on that. My wife is Asian, naturally her mother is as well.  Her mother grew up dirt poor in Korea.  My mother-in-law eventually went to school to be a doctor.  She did well in her life, and my wife also did well compared to most peoples standards. 

I notice the Asian culture works their a**es off in anything they do. (Not saying other ethnicities don’t). I personally believe the majority of Asians have a higher IQ then Caucasian’s, and every other race.  I also think Asians aren’t typically as athletically gifted as whites, African Americans, and other races.

Does that make it wrong or politically incorrect because those are my personal findings and experiences? I don’t think it does

Bail, and Mike, what do you think the reason is for the differences between cultures?  PM me if needed
Ah, the wonders of Scoop that a thread on NCAA penalties got here.  Just as Ners could make every thread about Derrick and Dawson, so too can Chicos make every thread into this sort of nonsense.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2019, 11:11:44 AM »
Ah, the wonders of Scoop that a thread on NCAA penalties got here.  Just as Ners could make every thread about Derrick and Dawson, so too can Chicos make every thread into this sort of nonsense.

So too can a half-dozen people (including Chicos) make every thread about Chicos.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2019, 11:21:32 AM »
This could get fun.  I’d actually like to here people’s opinions on that. My wife is Asian, naturally her mother is as well.  Her mother grew up dirt poor in Korea.  My mother-in-law eventually went to school to be a doctor.  She did well in her life, and my wife also did well compared to most peoples standards. 

I notice the Asian culture works their a**es off in anything they do. (Not saying other ethnicities don’t). I personally believe the majority of Asians have a higher IQ then Caucasian’s, and every other race.  I also think Asians aren’t typically as athletically gifted as whites, African Americans, and other races.

Does that make it wrong or politically incorrect because those are my personal findings and experiences? I don’t think it does

Bail, and Mike, what do you think the reason is for the differences between cultures?  PM me if needed

Given the spelling and grammar "hear," you might want to worry first about "you're" own IQ, Reggie.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2019, 11:32:22 AM »

I always thinking it's funny when people say Asian as if there isn't 49 countries and 60% of the worlds population.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GOO

• All American
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »

Not true, there is actually no IQ difference between races when taking other factors into account.

I read a wikipedia on bias a few times a year to help keep my self in check a bit  (there are many forms of bias that we need to be reminded of). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias

I also read the following book once in a while to be reminded of just how biased we are as humans based upon our limited experiences and that we try to extrapolate too much based upon our limited experiences ("We are all prisoners of our own experience" I think Arthur Schlesinger Jr. said this and something I always keep in mind):  Anyway, a great book:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-lewiss-brilliant-new-book-about-cognitive-bias-1480982097

Reading this site is usually one case of bias after another.  The most prevalent one here is "well I really believe it strongly and with a lot of emotion so it must be true...: bias.