[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin Sports Awards  (Read 10440 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Wisconsin Sports Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
I suppose Broeker and Johnson should at least be given credit for keeping their accounts active.  A true snowflake deletes their Twitter account when times get tough.

Unless he and his family are getting threats from delusional fans. Then I think it is more than fair game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 01:55:33 PM »
I suppose Broeker and Johnson should at least be given credit for keeping their accounts active.  A true snowflake deletes their Twitter account when times get tough.

Says the guy crying about a coach Tweeting a quote from a player in the NBA Finals.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 02:15:58 PM »
Kind of a clown move for highly paid university employees like Broeker and Johnson to be throwing shade at their former amateur athletes for transferring.  Over 800 players transferred this year and it happens at almost every school, so why are they all butt hurt about it?
Unless he knows a lot more about the whole stuiation than we do and is giving advice to the team
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 02:28:02 PM »

Borrowing from another thread....things I 'don't get'...... people who think it is OK to say rude things about or threaten family members of public figures on social media.   
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:09:55 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 03:15:36 PM »

Quite a clown post...

Kind of a clown move for highly paid university employees like Broeker and Johnson to be throwing shade at their former amateur athletes for transferring.  Over 800 players transferred this year and it happens at almost every school, so why are they all butt hurt about it?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »

So you're a true Marquette "fan" eh?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »
So you're a true Marquette "fan" eh?

Yes.  I watch every single game and attend as many as I possibly can.  I even got and enjoyed the Dwayne Streeter reference someone threw out in another thread earlier this week.  Actually, in a different thread about Doug McDermott posted the same day, Henry Domercant’s name appeared in a list of top scorers throughout the last 20 years or whatever it was.  If memory serves, Domercant played against Marquette during the season on that list, and I was there to see it (not that he was anything more than a good scorer on a low major).  Hell, I was even there when Richard Shaw got a technical for hanging on the rim after a breakaway dunk against Steve Nash’s Santa Clara team in a game that was played at the old Arena.  So yeah, I’d say I’m a true Marquette fan, whatever that even means.

In this thread, you’ve called me a “snowflake” and “Mr. Hauser” and have questioned my Marquette fandom.  If personal attacks make you feel better, you do you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
Yes.  I watch every single game and attend as many as I possibly can.  I even got and enjoyed the Dwayne Streeter reference someone threw out in another thread earlier this week.  Actually, in a different thread about Doug McDermott posted the same day, Henry Domercant’s name appeared in a list of top scorers throughout the last 20 years or whatever it was.  If memory serves, Domercant played against Marquette during the season on that list, and I was there to see it (not that he was anything more than a good scorer on a low major).  Hell, I was even there when Richard Shaw got a technical for hanging on the rim after a breakaway dunk against Steve Nash’s Santa Clara team in a game that was played at the old Arena.  So yeah, I’d say I’m a true Marquette fan, whatever that even means.

In this thread, you’ve called me a “snowflake” and “Mr. Hauser” and have questioned my Marquette fandom.  If personal attacks make you feel better, you do you.

Solid resume. I haven't been on Earth as long as you have. But I also support our coaches and administrators unless they've done squirmy stuff. So, different strokes, I guess.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2019, 09:24:07 PM »

I worked that game at the Arena as the Asst. AD in MU athletics. It was a lot of fun.  I guess we can all call ourselves fans.  I'm going to support the ones playing with Marquette uniforms on the front this season. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback