[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wisconsin Sports Awards  (Read 10323 times)

mubb3434

• Team Captain
Wisconsin Sports Awards
« on: June 06, 2019, 08:27:07 PM »
Congrats to Markus on winning performance of the year!

He also beat Joe Thomas blindfolded in pop a shot!

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Wisconsin Sports Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
Congrats to Markus on winning performance of the year!

He also beat Joe Thomas blindfolded in pop a shot!

I assume it was the performance Sam was very pissed about? Or was it the 53 he scored at Creighton?

What a cancer.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 08:49:08 PM »
I assume it was the performance Sam was very pissed about? Or was it the 53 he scored at Creighton?

What a cancer.

53 vs Creighton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 08:51:18 PM »
53 vs Creighton

Thanks. What’s wild is there actually was a doubt about which game it would be for Markus. I can’t think of any other college player I’ve ever watched who could go for 53 in a game and you think a different performance of his (in the same season, no less) was even more impressive.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:33:52 PM »
Thanks. What’s wild is there actually was a doubt about which game it would be for Markus. I can’t think of any other college player I’ve ever watched who could go for 53 in a game and you think a different performance of his (in the same season, no less) was even more impressive.

My favorite was actually the 2nd half vs. Buffalo. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »
My favorite was actually the 2nd half vs. Buffalo. I’ve never seen anything like that before.
And likely never will see it again. One of the greatest one half performance ever.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 10:12:43 PM »
If only we didn't have Markus last year, Sam and Joey would have led us to an undefeated national championship season ... because, you know, Georgetown.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 07:34:12 AM »
Just heard on sports radio.....At the after party Markus beat Joe Thomas (Cleveland Browns OT) in pop-a-shot.....in which Markus was blindfolded. Pretty funny.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 07:49:07 AM »
Just heard on sports radio.....At the after party Markus beat Joe Thomas (Cleveland Browns OT) in pop-a-shot.....in which Markus was blindfolded. Pretty funny.

It was actually right after Markus went to stage and received the award. They streamed it on Facebook Live. It was pretty impressive haha.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 10:09:49 AM »

The answer is always this.

It is one of the five greatest sports achievements any Marquette supporter has seen in their lifetime.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 11:15:08 AM »
Markus' OT against Creighton was also pretty unbelievable - 14 points and one assist in 5 minutes...including a 51-second stretch where he scored 9 on 3 treys.

That 5 minutes would be a pretty good game for most guys.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 03:49:41 PM »
Markus' OT against Creighton was also pretty unbelievable - 14 points and one assist in 5 minutes...including a 51-second stretch where he scored 9 on 3 treys.

That 5 minutes would be a pretty good game for most guys.

Regulation vs Creighton wasn't half-bad either: 37 points and a perfect assist on Sam's amazing shot.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 05:08:38 PM »
This. Just watched in awe laughing out loud. Jaw dropping
No Finish Line

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 05:13:35 PM »
Which is why I could believe Sam was frustrated after the Creighton game. Here he hits the miracle shot with no time left to tie it, and the guy who scores 53 points gets all the press.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 05:23:09 PM »
Which is why I could believe Sam was frustrated after the Creighton game. Here he hits the miracle shot with no time left to tie it, and the guy who scores 53 points gets all the press.

I hope this is tongue in cheek, as Sam got some decent coverage for his shot too. The ESPN recap shows the video right at the top, and then devotes two paragraphs to it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401083229

Not bad considering your teammate set a BE record in the same game.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 08:03:13 AM »
The answer is always this.

It is one of the five greatest sports achievements any Marquette supporter has seen in their lifetime.

right up there with Novak vs. Uconn
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 08:30:55 AM »
Stan Tweet this morning:

“I don’t play hero basketball. I’m not playing for fans... I’m just playing to win. I’m not out here trying to break records. As long as I try to help my team win, I’m satisfied with it.” - Kawhi Leonard

When you play with a clear mind and no selfish agenda great things happen.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 09:19:10 AM »
Stan Tweet this morning:

“I don’t play hero basketball. I’m not playing for fans... I’m just playing to win. I’m not out here trying to break records. As long as I try to help my team win, I’m satisfied with it.” - Kawhi Leonard

When you play with a clear mind and no selfish agenda great things happen.

Kind of a clown move for highly paid university employees like Broeker and Johnson to be throwing shade at their former amateur athletes for transferring.  Over 800 players transferred this year and it happens at almost every school, so why are they all butt hurt about it?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 09:34:35 AM »
Kind of a clown move for highly paid university employees like Broeker and Johnson to be throwing shade at their former amateur athletes for transferring.  Over 800 players transferred this year and it happens at almost every school, so why are they all butt hurt about it?

Didn't expect you to be such a snowflake, Mr. Hauser.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 09:39:49 AM »
Because they stayed.   And a large snowflake subset used the same transfers, which as you rightly say were 2 out of 800, as evidence that the current regime is incompetent.  Maybe they are clapping back a little bit against that.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 10:33:57 AM »

How do you know who they were targeting or if they were targeting anyone at all?  Quite a leap you are taking over a quote.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2019, 11:04:09 AM »
Agreed,  no shade at all.  Just an end game quote from the future finals MVP.  Nothing more.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
Stan's quotes are like the Rashomon Effect .  
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 11:36:07 AM »
Everything in the world has the Rashomon Effect.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »
Didn't expect you to be such a snowflake, Mr. Hauser.

I suppose Broeker and Johnson should at least be given credit for keeping their accounts active.  A true snowflake deletes their Twitter account when times get tough.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
I suppose Broeker and Johnson should at least be given credit for keeping their accounts active.  A true snowflake deletes their Twitter account when times get tough.

Unless he and his family are getting threats from delusional fans. Then I think it is more than fair game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 01:55:33 PM »

Says the guy crying about a coach Tweeting a quote from a player in the NBA Finals.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 02:15:58 PM »
Unless he knows a lot more about the whole stuiation than we do and is giving advice to the team
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 02:28:02 PM »

Borrowing from another thread....things I 'don't get'...... people who think it is OK to say rude things about or threaten family members of public figures on social media.   
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:09:55 PM by tower912 »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 03:15:36 PM »

Quite a clown post...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »

So you're a true Marquette "fan" eh?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »
So you're a true Marquette "fan" eh?

Yes.  I watch every single game and attend as many as I possibly can.  I even got and enjoyed the Dwayne Streeter reference someone threw out in another thread earlier this week.  Actually, in a different thread about Doug McDermott posted the same day, Henry Domercant’s name appeared in a list of top scorers throughout the last 20 years or whatever it was.  If memory serves, Domercant played against Marquette during the season on that list, and I was there to see it (not that he was anything more than a good scorer on a low major).  Hell, I was even there when Richard Shaw got a technical for hanging on the rim after a breakaway dunk against Steve Nash’s Santa Clara team in a game that was played at the old Arena.  So yeah, I’d say I’m a true Marquette fan, whatever that even means.

In this thread, you’ve called me a “snowflake” and “Mr. Hauser” and have questioned my Marquette fandom.  If personal attacks make you feel better, you do you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
Yes.  I watch every single game and attend as many as I possibly can.  I even got and enjoyed the Dwayne Streeter reference someone threw out in another thread earlier this week.  Actually, in a different thread about Doug McDermott posted the same day, Henry Domercant’s name appeared in a list of top scorers throughout the last 20 years or whatever it was.  If memory serves, Domercant played against Marquette during the season on that list, and I was there to see it (not that he was anything more than a good scorer on a low major).  Hell, I was even there when Richard Shaw got a technical for hanging on the rim after a breakaway dunk against Steve Nash’s Santa Clara team in a game that was played at the old Arena.  So yeah, I’d say I’m a true Marquette fan, whatever that even means.

In this thread, you’ve called me a “snowflake” and “Mr. Hauser” and have questioned my Marquette fandom.  If personal attacks make you feel better, you do you.

Solid resume. I haven't been on Earth as long as you have. But I also support our coaches and administrators unless they've done squirmy stuff. So, different strokes, I guess.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2019, 09:24:07 PM »

I worked that game at the Arena as the Asst. AD in MU athletics. It was a lot of fun.  I guess we can all call ourselves fans.  I'm going to support the ones playing with Marquette uniforms on the front this season. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire