[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Excellent Research Report on Joey By MSU Beat Writer  (Read 11062 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Excellent Research Report on Joey By MSU Beat Writer
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
This from the douche with the signature that reads "Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind."

Name calling and signature are out of line.

Ban dis gf-it
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »
Name calling and signature are out of line.

Ban dis gf-it
Smooches, Bee Jay.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 10:48:22 PM »
Smooches, Bee Jay.

Tsmith has always been a petulant child.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 04:34:51 AM »
This from the douche with the signature that reads "Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind."

I'm so glad someone pointed that out
Maigh Eo for Sam

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 06:27:27 AM »
Article below explains.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/21/tony-mandarich-cites-steroids-painkillers-for-his-draft-bust-status/

Thanks NCMUFan. It’s eye-opening when Tony discloses how initially going off steroids caused him to lose a ton of his illegally built-up strength. His Colts return illuminates that it’s possible to get that strength back drug-free. He should be a lesson to so many HS and college kids tempted to get on the juice to further their career track.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 06:34:53 AM »
Tsmith has always been a petulant child.
I await bee Jay calling for your ban.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2019, 06:42:32 AM »
I await bee Jay calling for your ban.

Relax Francis, why always so angry??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2019, 10:05:35 AM »
Relax Francis, why always so angry??
I wasn't calling for your ban, just pointing out the hypocriticality of the homophobe snowflake

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2019, 10:06:09 AM »
Back on topic ... I just posted this in another thread, but now realizes it's best here ...

This could be exactly what Joey needs to go on to be an outstanding college player and, perhaps, an NBA prospect.

At Marquette, he was too close to mommy and daddy, he had Sam to protect him, he didn't get along with the team's All-American player, any little bit of criticism made him pout, and he apparently never really respected Wojo.

At Michigan State, he will not be coddled or protected. He will play for a demanding coach who will publicly call him out for his mistakes. The easy thing to do would have been to go to Wisconsin, where he would have instantly been BMOC, living close to his parents and with Sam at his side. He and his family must know all of that, so I'm impressed with this choice as a way to advance his career.

I wish him well, and I will be rooting for him at least 2 times a year!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 01:58:11 PM »
I really hope these kids have productive NBA careers. It’s not a good omen that a photo piece on former MSU o-lineman and Packers “bust” (not the HOF kind) Tony Mandarich appears below the story.

Actually, I was more entertained by the piece on Mandarich. With that physique, how did he not dominate? Surprised to see he is a pro photographer now.

Mandarich was a monster in college so maybe it is a good omen for Joey's time at MSU. Once Mandarich got to Green Bay he was actually drug tested and had to go off the steroids. Plus he had the whole "I'm gonna fight Mike Tyson" thing and the holdout. Great stories about how he'd beat the tests at MSU; that wasn't possible in the NFL.

He did salvage his career with Indy. I wonder if he's regretting those Guns and Roses tattoos.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
Being biased and writing op/ed pieces whilst attempting to pawn it off as unbiased reporting is the worst of traits. See Cnn and msnbc
😂   :P
Goal is National Championship

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2019, 04:53:39 PM »
Mandarich was a monster in college so maybe it is a good omen for Joey's time at MSU. Once Mandarich got to Green Bay he was actually drug tested and had to go off the steroids. Plus he had the whole "I'm gonna fight Mike Tyson" thing and the holdout. Great stories about how he'd beat the tests at MSU; that wasn't possible in the NFL.

He did salvage his career with Indy. I wonder if he's regretting those Guns and Roses tattoos.

He was also a run blocking machine in George Perles’ offense.  He couldn’t move well enough to pass block in the NFL.

To be fair the Packers falling out of the first pick on the last day of the season, therefore losing out on Aikman, and drafting Mandarich over Sanders was probably the best think for the long-term health of the franchise. It begat getting Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren and Favre.

Getting Aikman or Sanders to Green Bay would have lead to marginal improvement but not the franchise overhaul that was needed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2019, 05:52:10 PM »
   i guess all that talk about "improprieties" at MSU are all cool now...cuz he said so, eyn'a?  easy peezy?  play ball and just win baby, err something like that
don't...don't don't don't don't

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2019, 07:15:01 PM »
Back on topic ... I just posted this in another thread, but now realizes it's best here ...

This could be exactly what Joey needs to go on to be an outstanding college player and, perhaps, an NBA prospect.

At Marquette, he was too close to mommy and daddy, he had Sam to protect him, he didn't get along with the team's All-American player, any little bit of criticism made him pout, and he apparently never really respected Wojo.

At Michigan State, he will not be coddled or protected. He will play for a demanding coach who will publicly call him out for his mistakes. The easy thing to do would have been to go to Wisconsin, where he would have instantly been BMOC, living close to his parents and with Sam at his side. He and his family must know all of that, so I'm impressed with this choice as a way to advance his career.

I wish him well, and I will be rooting for him at least 2 times a year!

I think being held accountable for his errors was at the very heart of "the Joey problem". I hope you are right and he turns things around at MSU. Lots of talent, but....If a UFO is reported in a low arc pattern over Lake Michigan heading West during b ball season, it will be Joey, having gotten a kick in the ass from Izzo all the way back to Wisconsin.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

feedback