[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 106986 times)

connie

• All American
Re: Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 07:52:58 AM »
Can't understand Sam changing schools. It doesn't make sense. He is giving up so much. Will have to sit out a year. Play for a far away school for one year. Was Sam that unhappy to make such a dumb and or desperate move?
I get (and share) your confusion, but the obvious answer is "yes."
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2019, 08:00:49 AM »
The Dentists Did It.

:o

Taught ewe were sworn ta secrecy. Meat summit invite now in jeopardy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 08:05:43 AM »
Who Cares. The only good thing is they didn't go to "Bucky". Still can't
believe Sam left. As mentioned --One Year Left. Dumb

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
Guess they both landed well
Both on elite squads competing for national championships. Meanwhile, MU continues to wallow in limited  if any dance appearances, getting beat by a mid major in the dance.

This argument has baffled me for months. Teams get upset by mid majors or lower every year in the tournament. Heck in 2018 UMBC beat #1 Virginia by 20 and Buffalo beat Arizona by 21. Not to mention Loyola-Chicago making it to the final four and none of those teams had a top 3 NBA draft pick on their roster. This is why it is called March Madness. Otherwise it would be called March Chalk and we could just put the four number ones in the final four and skip the rest.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:16:18 AM by MUMonster03 »

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 08:24:37 AM »
Can't understand Sam changing schools. It doesn't make sense. He is giving up so much. Will have to sit out a year. Play for a far away school for one year. Was Sam that unhappy to make such a dumb and or desperate move?

Yes.  In fact, I think Sam might have been the impetus for the change.  Joey never wanted to be here in the first place.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
Escaping the stench of a UW transfer is a huge win.  Everything thing else is a incredible loss.  What an absolute disaster for Wojo + MU. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »
This argument has baffled me for months. Teams get upset by mid majors or lower every year in the tournament. Heck in 2018 UMBC beat #1 Virginia by 20 and Buffalo beat Arizona by 21. Not to mention Loyola-Chicago making it to the final four and none of those teams had a top 3 NBA draft pick on their roster. This is why it is called March Madness. Otherwise it would be called March Chalk and we could just put the four number ones in the final four and skip the rest.

Those teams are successful though. It was shocking when they lost. 80% of ncaa basketball had mu losing to Murray state

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2019, 08:38:15 AM »
Those teams are successful though. It was shocking when they lost. 80% of ncaa basketball had mu losing to Murray state

It wasn’t shocking when Buffalo beat Arizona, FWIW.  It was shocking when Loyola made the Final 4.  Between losing to Murray State this year or losing to South Carolina in 2017, the loss to South Carolina irks me more
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »

Oh yeah it’s a crapshoot. 

Or maybe we haven’t won a NCAA game since 2013.  Some crapshoot. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »
80% of ncaa basketball had mu losing to Murray state

Untrue. We were solid favorites in the game. #FakeNews

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2019, 09:07:40 AM »
Untrue. We were solid favorites in the game. #FakeNews
Yes, the line was obviously in MU's favor, but most of the "experts" and talking heads were picking Murray over MU as an upset special.

#UnleashSean

• All American

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2019, 09:18:59 AM »
What would you like scoopers to do?  Have a grape soda
How about demanding that Wojo be held accountable for his classic f ups, instead of criticizing kids around him and offering up their lame excuses for Wojo failures. How about taking the blinders off. How about quit chugging the Kool aid, and demanding performance instead of wasted years. Something even you should try. But it always more convenient to accept the same old same old. All the evidence is there for people, just do not want to admit that the guy is still over his head after 15 years at Duke, and 5 here.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2019, 09:21:08 AM »
I get (and share) your confusion, but the obvious answer is "yes."
And that should speak volumes, when our best all around player bails out for greener pastures, because of unhappiness with the system.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »
How about demanding that Wojo be held accountable for his classic f ups, instead of criticizing kids around him and offering up their lame excuses for Wojo failures. How about taking the blinders off. How about quit chugging the Kool aid, and demanding performance instead of wasted years. Something even you should try. But it always more convenient to accept the same old same old. All the evidence is there for people, just do not want to admit that the guy is still over his head after 15 years at Duke, and 5 here.

Makes sense.  If scoop does that and we get Wojo fired, we should be able to hire the next coach then, too.  I hate kool-aid
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 09:32:15 AM »
This is wonderful for the world.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »
Did you all not see the "Keep Recruits from Wisconsin (F*&k Bucky) Fund" as a choice to direct funds on the last MU donation solicitation?

To save you a click, a poster is suggesting that wealthy MU donors paid the hauser family to choose “anybody but Wisconsin.” These wealthy donors felt it better to use their money for this cause (vs spending the money on MU) because the ramifications of the hausers going to Bucky would have basically destroyed our programs reputation for years to come.

Also, I saw on there or 247 that the hold up on “admissions” allowed the hausers time to reconsider their verbal commitment.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 09:40:51 AM »

Ummm, he is now playing for a National Championship coach and the reigning National Championship team. Maybe he just likes his chances at glory better there?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2019, 09:46:41 AM »
Ummm, he is now playing for a National Championship coach and the reigning National Championship team. Maybe he just likes his chances at glory better there?

Don’t be rational. This is Steph’s choice.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2019, 09:47:53 AM »
Have to be honest, this softens the blow. A step up for both of them. Still puzzling about why Sam left if they were going to split up anyway, I think it gives more credence to the narrative that he was as important in the decision as Joey and that’s more damning for Wojo. For him to forgo pro ball by a year and walk away from what could have been a truly special season which would have cemented his place in the pantheon of MU all-timers means he must really have lost all faith in Wojo and his system. I can’t think of any critique that would carry more weight than that.

But best of luck to him. I hope Wojo can rise to the challenge.

Has it been confirmed that if Markus Left, Sam was willing, to spend one more unhappy year with Wojo.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2019, 09:56:06 AM »
I'm pretty detached from what Sam's major is, but it makes sense for him to transfer to UVA for a graduate degree, if nothing else.  It's an outstanding graduate program, for most degrees.  Superb Liberal Arts, Engineering, and Business.  I think he's a little slow footed to be in the NBA (might get a run, but …).  He might get some additional (or different) training he wouldn't have gotten at Marquette that will improve his chances.  A year just training with a championship team can't hurt a bit.  I think it's a great move for him, and a high end Masters will go a long way and open some serious doors outside of basketball.

Joey I really won't miss.  I just sensed a bad attitude, which can be poison to a team.  Sam was my favorite, and happy to see him take UVA as the best option (it was).  Best of luck to them both, and we'll be fine without them this year.

Beat Wisconsin!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
Vegas don't lie.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6325635-marquette-vs-murray-state-college-basketball-betting-lines-spread-and-odds-for-ncaa-tournament

Nor did experts.

So you claim that “80% of the country” picked Murray State and then claim “Vegas don’t lie” as “proof”...when Vegas has MU as 3 point favorites?

Odd.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »
Good luck to him. He’s going to need it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2019, 10:16:55 AM »

Also, Bennett was a second round pick and had a short NBA career. I could see that being appealing to Sam as well.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2019, 10:21:16 AM »
How about recognizing that the Hausers tanked the team and then jumped ship.