[Today at 08:41:54 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo/MU story in The Athletic  (Read 27241 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Wojo/MU story in The Athletic
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
Da strength of hour teem is hour teem, aina?

Well, hour teem showed strength in mostly staying together deespite too playerz trying to stage a koo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »
Well, hour teem showed strength in mostly staying together deespite too playerz trying to stage a koo.

Post of the Spring!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 08:48:17 PM »
Clearly you are a Wojo apologist and slurper, so of course you liked it.

🤫

:)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »

Coup coo ca Joo, Koo ku ka jue
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2019, 09:07:43 PM »

Koo koo ka Komey, koo koo ka Klapper. Hoo new dey waz are wok onz?

Sorry four politiks - kouldn't rezist.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:19:09 PM by Lennys Tap »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:52 PM »
I am sure most of you knobs had a kid transfer schools or a team...did you have this much angst?

MU was a more talented team with the boys here.  The question is will they be a better team with them gone?  Let's see who steps up.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:03:54 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2019, 09:40:37 PM »
I am sure most of you knobs had a kid transfer schools or a team...did you have this much angst?

MU was a more talented team with the boys here.  They question is will they be a better team with them gone?  Let's see who steps up.
I believe the team is going to do very well this coming season. Greg and Koby will add an athletic dimension that is needed to compete in our conference.  Brendan and Jamal are also both going to step up and make the most of their enhanced minutes  MU will be a team full of  experienced juniors and seniors . Overall the team chemistry will be enhanced.

The full season results  may not reflect the  teams improvement. This is because The Big East , for the most part, will be stronger. However, I believe MU will be within a couple of games of last years results in both non conference and conference.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:47 PM »
Someone deleted my manifesto!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2019, 09:55:52 PM »
I stand by it and look forward to the 2019-2020 season without the selfish traitors

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2019, 09:59:39 PM »
Can you repost what ever was in your manifesto. If not PM it. Thanks .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2019, 10:03:30 PM »

So what’s the over/under on the number of misspellings, grammatical errors and terrible basketball thoughts that this screed had?

I’m going with 253.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »
Really surprised it was deleted apart from referencing the kielbasa of a former two bit golfer, it was spot on truth.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2019, 10:28:34 PM »
Which disproves the whole Wojo is the ultimate problem if they were willing to play for him if only someone left. I know that doesn't sync up with some opinions here, but hard not to see it any other way.  Thing is, someone was going to leave and this idea that Wojo could simply make people like each other or all play nice nice is highly unlikely in today's day and age.  It's also why I LOVE that players have to sit out a year to transfer.  The amount of this crap that would be going on if they didn't have to, my God the first time a player went into a pouting spree they would be gone. 

From what I have heard from my Milwaukee peeps / university officials is someone was going no matter. What.  If MH left and Hausers stayed, then others were going.  If MH stayed, Hausers gone but others now stay.  Point of all this, we weren't getting out of this with everyone together and people have got to understand that.  Plenty of blame if people wish to assign it, but staff, department, have moved on.  Going with the folks that are here and excited about it.

I don't really care who the "others" is here, but I'm dang interested in why others would have left had MH gone and Hausers stayed. Playing time? Cohesiveness? Something I can't think of?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2019, 10:30:45 PM »
Koo koo ka Komey, koo koo ka Klapper. Hoo new dey waz are wok onz?

Sorry four politiks - kouldn't rezist.

Stop the politics
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2019, 10:32:13 PM »
I don't really care who the "others" is here, but I'm dang interested in why others would have left had MH gone and Hausers stayed. Playing time? Cohesiveness? Something I can't think of?

They were tired of the drama.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2019, 10:56:17 PM »

Made up BS. More shoes that will never drop. Fake News.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »

Tired of the drama that came with being on a team with the Hausers? And not an issue with MH or Wojo?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 11:10:44 PM »
I am sure there were others in the locker room who didn't appreciate Markus' play style and the perceived special treatment he got (going home for the summer, media attention, etc).

I am also sure there were others in the locker room who didn't appreciate the perceived special treatment that Joey got (playing through mistakes, playing despite defensive lapses, etc).

Our players are human beings. I'm sure most of us have begrudged a teammate, coworker, or family member for getting what we perceived as special treatment at some point in our lives.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2019, 12:14:41 AM »
I am sure there were others in the locker room who didn't appreciate Markus' play style and the perceived special treatment he got (going home for the summer, media attention, etc).

I am also sure there were others in the locker room who didn't appreciate the perceived special treatment that Joey got (playing through mistakes, playing despite defensive lapses, etc).

Our players are human beings. I'm sure most of us have begrudged a teammate, coworker, or family member for getting what we perceived as special treatment at some point in our lives.
From what Wojo said about him during his press conference the other week.....and the glowing praise he gave him. If all of that is true  .IT SOUNDS LIKE MARKUS DESERVED IT [Special Treatment!]

Come on now.

If any of you or us who have ever been or played on  sports teams, you know good and well that most of them have guys or gals who warrant, earned, and deserved "special treatment" of varying degrees or for whatever reason or another.

A University such as Marquette which had one Dwyane Wade should understand that...Markus just might be that darn good. So step your game up or get in line. That simple.

End of story!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:22:08 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2019, 12:27:39 AM »

Oh....I misread the first time...

You said "I am sure". . . so this is speculative then huh? My bad I wrote my first reply as though you knew for sure that others on the team had an issue with Markus' 'special treatment' when that is not the case at all...

You are just assuming. . . ?

Please make that clear. How do you know that? They might then, have very well understood and appreciated Markus style of play and they should have.

THEY WERE WINNING, SO WHAT'S the problem? If it is as you said and you did have others who resented him when his play got them wins, then that was the problem, not Markus.

Winning solves everything. it worked, up until that dissension bubbled over and others got in their feelings who were also in the starting lineup and the season spiraled out of control. . .

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:32 AM »
If you think writing a disgruntled missive challenging the authority of the head coach (where you also enlist/recruit teammates to choose sides) followed by essentially making a demand for a larger share of the spotlight....if you think that’s what winning culture is....I pity your employees and/or your employer.
Got nothing to do with thinking ofwriting a disgruntled missive. We do not even know if that is true. Question not answered
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2019, 05:42:43 AM »
Oh....I misread the first time...

You said "I am sure". . . so this is speculative then huh? My bad I wrote my first reply as though you knew for sure that others on the team had an issue with Markus' 'special treatment' when that is not the case at all...

You are just assuming. . . ?

Please make that clear. How do you know that? They might then, have very well understood and appreciated Markus style of play and they should have.

THEY WERE WINNING, SO WHAT'S the problem? If it is as you said and you did have others who resented him when his play got them wins, then that was the problem, not Markus.

Winning solves everything. it worked, up until that dissension bubbled over and others got in their feelings who were also in the starting lineup and the season spiraled out of control. . .

It's really becoming tough on this site to tell when someone's really that obtuse or just acting sarcastically aggrieved.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
I wonder why The Athletic suddenly decided to do a fluff piece on Wojo?

This board has never been dumber.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »
I wonder why The Athletic suddenly decided to do a fluff piece on Wojo?

This board has never been dumber.
Enlighten us.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
It's really becoming tough on this site to tell when someone's really that obtuse or just acting sarcastically aggrieved.

I am outraged that you said this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback