'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More rumors: Hauser's to UW  (Read 34343 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: More rumors: Hauser's to UW
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 01:35:23 PM »
They should go to Wisconsin if their main goal is to be the focal point of the team and not be recruited over.  They can accomplish that there.  Good for them. 

It would be sort of comical to see them go to UVA and Joey be a back of the rotation player.  Sam is going to get his wherever he goes. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 02:00:19 PM »
The blowback from classmates would have been unbearable.

That would be pretty thin skinned if you couldn't handle some ribbing from classmates for going to the rival school.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »
The same students who can't be bothered to show up on a Tuesday are going to harass Sam & Joey.

Sure.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »
The same students who can't be bothered to show up on a Tuesday are going to harass Sam & Joey.

Sure.

We get it, you think the current crop of students suck. That dead horse does not need to continually be beaten.

And if the went to Madison they would absolutely hear it from some smartass college kid.

Speaking for myself I probably woulda made a dumbass comment towards them if this happened when I was in school.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 03:25:42 PM »
The only thing that is clear at this point is that Bucky was NOT Plan A. If it was, they could have made their announcement weeks ago, because they know the campus, program and coaches inside and out.

I disagree. Even if Bucky was Plan A, they wouldn't have announced it weeks ago. They would wait until after finals so they weren't taking abuse on campus from biased MU fans.

If Virginia or MSU were a sure thing they could've announced that weeks ago, but Wisconsin? That's the only destination that they absolutely wouldn't have announced until after the semester was done. If anything, not announcing yet makes Wisconsin more likely, not less.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 03:31:34 PM »
This very much reminds me of when a clown named David Hookstead was all over saying he had sources that guaranteed Russell Wilson to UW.  Wisconsin was one of 2 or 3 schools he was looking at, and the most likely to be a winner in his single year, so anyone could have guessed they had a good shot.  So then Wilson goes to Wisconsin and Hookstead proclaims himself an insider.

Same scenario occurred with Diamond Stone.  Wisconsin is one of 2 or 3 final choices. Claim it's a #donedeal and hope, except that time it didn't work out.

No one has ever heard of deceptivespeed.com, why not pretend to have inside sources and try to get some page views.  If it works out, some people might think you were a legit insider.  If it doesn't work out, who cares, no one ever visited your site anyway.

BTW, David Hookstead now works for Daily Caller, so I guess it worked out for him kinda.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
That would be pretty thin skinned if you couldn't handle some ribbing from classmates for going to the rival school.

They are clearly thin skinned

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 03:47:56 PM »
Isn't it common in transfer situations to block certain schools? I'm unclear why that wasn't done?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
Isn't it common in transfer situations to block certain schools? I'm unclear why that wasn't done?

If you had the time to read through the considerable (substantial? bewildering?) amount of commentary on the Hauser brothers departure, you would learn that schools can no longer block or limit the ability to transfer to a specific school. 
Ludum habemus.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
Wojo briefly discussed the Hauser's in his presser today.  See Marquette Wire twitter feed. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 04:12:25 PM »
Wisconsin was not and still is not plan A. They might end up there, but this isn't credible as of now.

is that right?  as i said over a week ago, they will be calling greg gard, coach and jump around will be their ring tone.  my source is about as close to the hausers as you can get short of the name hauser
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »
If you had the time to read through the considerable (substantial? bewildering?) amount of commentary on the Hauser brothers departure, you would learn that schools can no longer block or limit the ability to transfer to a specific school.

So you're saying they could end up at Xavier?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »
So you're saying they could end up at Xavier?

That's a conference rule, if I'm not mistaken. 
Ludum habemus.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 04:27:02 PM »
is that right?  as i said over a week ago, they will be calling greg gard, coach and jump around will be their ring tone.  my source is about as close to the hausers as you can get short of the name hauser

Again, I'm not saying your wrong, but don't you think Emmy could just be saying that because it's wishful thinking on her part? Of course she wants Sam there, but they have been apart 3 years already, what is one more?? Once she graduates, she can just as easily get a job in Virginia or East Lansing too. I just find it hard to believe that they would jerk around Coaches like Izzo and Bennett by going on visits there, if their minds were already made up. Especially since finals are over now, they wouldn't have to take any more visits at all, yet they are. Even cancelling the pre scheduled MSU visit, to reschedule it.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
Wisconsin is not option A. They've had an offer from them for a while.  Why would they consider UVA and MSU if Option A already offered at the very beginning of this process?

#gardsweatingitout

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
Wojo briefly discussed the Hauser's in his presser today.  See Marquette Wire twitter feed.
I don’t see it on there. Summary?
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 04:38:14 PM »

Wojo: …." I would still love for them to be here…I appreciate the Hauser family and Sam and Joey…they added a lot to our program….if you would have asked me after our season ended[this would have happened] ….it would have surprised me….but it is the business we live in …I wish them success…nothing but the best….in terms of why they did it…it is probably a better question for them.'
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 04:40:43 PM »
Wojo: …." I would still love for them to be here…I appreciate the Hauser family and Sam and Joey…they added a lot to our program….if you would have asked me after our season ended[this would have happened] ….it would have surprised me….but it is the business we live in …I wish them success…nothing but the best….in terms of why they did it…it is probably a better question for them.'
Thanks bud
No Finish Line

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 04:46:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/MUWireSports/status/1126592528264904704

Here you go. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it or not, but it definitely seemed like there was some snark towards Joey in there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
Yah I mean he basically said Sam did a lot for this program. Intentionally left out Joey

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2019, 04:55:28 PM »
Again, I'm not saying your wrong, but don't you think Emmy could just be saying that because it's wishful thinking on her part? Of course she wants Sam there, but they have been apart 3 years already, what is one more?? Once she graduates, she can just as easily get a job in Virginia or East Lansing too. I just find it hard to believe that they would jerk around Coaches like Izzo and Bennett by going on visits there, if their minds were already made up. Especially since finals are over now, they wouldn't have to take any more visits at all, yet they are. Even cancelling the pre scheduled MSU visit, to reschedule it.

well yes, of course.  but maybe after 3 years of living 60 miles apart, and all the rest, it would be nice to be a little "closer".  not knowing what her studies are or what career she will choose, i can't imagine that she cannot find employment close by.  i could even imagine the athletic department having something for her, say volleyball?  just thinking out loud on that stuff.  i'm not claiming to have anymore info on that aspect of this whole sheet storm

as for MSU and UVA, no one jerks around an izzo and/or a bennett.  if joey has trouble taking a little criticism from an experienced peer, izzo and bennett will have him crying like a baby within the first 1/2 hour of practice

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2019, 04:56:48 PM »

Here you go. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it or not, but it definitely seemed like there was some snark towards Joey in there.
Thanks TAMU. I’m not sure it was snark towards Joey as much as acknowledging Sam understandably had a bigger impact
No Finish Line

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2019, 05:03:14 PM »
As others have said, if they have intended to go to Madison all along and are waiting simply because of any “abuse“ they would supposedly take from other students, it doesn’t speak very well of their toughness. Thin-skinned would be an understatement.

Maybe true...but wow.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »
*Hausers

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »

maybe the title of the tweet should read-head coach steve w.....comments on the departure of sam hauser, eyn'a?

regardless of what anyone's opinion of wojo is, joey has got to show others(coaches and team mates) that he is a TEAM player and if someone tells him to pick it up, he's not going to pout. believe it or not, like it or not, wojo still has some respect within the coaching circles.  what joey did could have been worked out as an agreement to disagree and respectfully parted ways...on the surface anyway.   the hausers have a good reputation, but now they(joey) have some work to do.  actions can clear a lot of this up real fast.  meaning, just shut up and play ball.  and that goes for both sides.  if wojo cannot coach this new group, the MU brass has even more 'splainin to do.  especially if/when the W's, attendance and $'s go down