* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: OH HELL YEAH!  (Read 30143 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: OH HELL YEAH!
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2019, 09:53:18 AM »
Permanently?  Or like "Ners permanently"?

Believe me, it would be permanently...put it this way..if you had a chance to move out of the slums, wouldn't you want to do it and never go back?? That's what this would be. And I'm given Sandknit a chance to make sure it happens.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:00 AM »
Believe me, it would be permanently...put it this way..if you had a chance to move out of the slums, wouldn't you want to do it and never go back?? That's what this would be. And I'm given Sandknit a chance to make sure it happens.
maybe I am not following the analogy?  MUScoop is the slums?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2019, 09:56:09 AM »
I'm open to suggestions, what do you want it to be??

Just a starting point. You and Sand-knit work out the details:

Reference and timeline- AP rankings (coach's poll does not apply); 1st official rankings to one week after the final rankings

#1-10  Guru agrees to not post until Marquette is out of the top ten

DMZ  #11-15   Both of you may post

#16 or below   Sand Knit agrees to not post until Marquette is ranked #15 or higher

Addition of Torrance or Blackshear for this coming season requires renegotiation of the terms.

Thoughts?

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2019, 10:05:24 AM »
This may be a little premature, but I've got a good feeling about this thread (not to mention, I had a hell of a time digging up the jpg in the annals (that's two n's, ZFB) of Scoop, and don't exactly remember the path I took to find it).

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:08:37 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »

Someone is holding him here against his will?

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2019, 10:33:32 AM »

That's how I am reading it too...Guru, you know you can leave this "slum" whenever you want. No one is forcing you to be here. You have a never ending "chance to move out of the slums"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2019, 10:40:27 AM »
We need Ners back and we need him back now.

We need Ners like we need to be stabbed in our eyes with an ice pick.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
The bet would be perfect for guru because he'd be able to root against Wojo.

MSK would be able to weasel out of the terms of the bet because he'd have spelled so many words wrong that he could say everybody else misunderstood what he had agreed to.

This is good stuff!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2019, 11:06:45 AM »
The bet would be perfect for guru because he'd be able to root against Wojo.

MSK would be able to weasel out of the terms of the bet because he'd have spelled so many words wrong that he could say everybody else misunderstood what he had agreed to.

This is good stuff!

Believe me, this is a bet I would be ECSTATIC to lose...So in fact I would be rooting for Wojo to make it happen. I won't lose because IF they are as good as sandknit says they will be, then it will be a pretty damn good year.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
Believe me, this is a bet I would be ECSTATIC to lose...So in fact I would be rooting for Wojo to make it happen. I won't lose because IF they are as good as sandknit says they will be, then it will be a pretty damn good year.

Now that I think about it, the bet should not be that if we are THAT good you have to leave the slums of Scoop forever.

It should be that you have to go into all the positive threads we'd have up on Scoop and comment repeatedly how wonderful our team is, how great the coaching is, etc. 

Man, guru, you'd really hate that!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2019, 11:20:39 AM »
Now that I think about it, the bet should not be that if we are THAT good you have to leave the slums of Scoop forever.

It should be that you have to go into all the positive threads we'd have up on Scoop and comment repeatedly how wonderful our team is, how great the coaching is, etc. 

Man, guru, you'd really hate that!

Not in the least actually..you should know I WANT MU to be elite again..nothing would make me happier if that happened

MU82

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2019, 08:09:18 PM »
Not in the least actually..you should know I WANT MU to be elite again..nothing would make me happier if that happened

Well, when we were going 20-2 from Thanksgiving through late-Feb, just about the only time you showed up was during the 2 losses to St. John's.

It seems you were "happier" when you were miserable. You came right out and said that you weren't compelled to comment when we won. So I think it actually would be a great burden for you!

You know I'm just playing with you. I like the bet you made MSK. He talks like a tough guy, but he gets challenged and it's ... crickets.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2019, 11:25:35 AM »
The turmoil and dissension here is incredible. And you can see how much disdain the remaining players have for Wojo. Hard to believe MU would put this kind of stuff out there.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1121447177346273280/video/1

And, yes, of course this is part of a PR campaign. When you've got a segment of the fan base pushing a negative narrative, it's incumbent upon the school to push back.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
The turmoil and dissension here is incredible. And you can see how much disdain the remaining players have for Wojo. Hard to believe MU would put this kind of stuff out there.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1121447177346273280/video/1

And, yes, of course this is part of a PR campaign. When you've got a segment of the fan base pushing a negative narrative, it's incumbent upon the school to push back.

Looks to me like it may be part of an effort to acquire more female fans.   :D
Have some patience, FFS.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
Paint Touches pointing out that in the video Symir is listed as a RS FR on the whiteboard. Also on the bottom there is a "Jayce". Could be referring to grad transfer Jayce Johnson.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »
Paint Touches pointing out that in the video Symir is listed as a RS FR on the whiteboard. Also on the bottom there is a "Jayce". Could be referring to grad transfer Jayce Johnson.

Which would make total sense since Wojo offered him out of HS. You will also notice below his name what appears to say "Mon- Apr 29" That could be a visit with him??

MU82

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
I think I saw a reference in there that Paul is dead.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2019, 11:38:02 AM »
Would Jayce be a grad transfer?  I know he entered college a semester early like Joey.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
Paint Touches for the win.

Would be great to get Symir here and red shirt. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »
Which would make total sense since Wojo offered him out of HS. You will also notice below his name what appears to say "Mon- Apr 29" That could be a visit with him??
Does he get the muguru-seal-of-approval-for-not-settling-for-a-non-d1-caliber-stiff or not?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
Does he get the muguru-seal-of-approval-for-not-settling-for-a-non-d1-caliber-stiff or not?

Yes, I like Jayce, he's one I have had on my list. But most certainly you will get people that say "I don't see the need, he is strictly a back to the basket player". Which he is. But, I want the most talent you can possibly get and worry about the other stuff later. He's a heck of a shot blocker as well.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
Anyone know if that "ring out" shirt is for sale?

Don't know about the dark blue one, but I got this one at the spirit shop in January.

https://spiritshop.marquette.edu/Ring-Out-Tee-Gold-p/28033.htm

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2019, 12:07:36 PM »
Would Jayce be a grad transfer?  I know he entered college a semester early like Joey.

I think he would be, and the Utah press is suggesting the same. 

He'd be an interesting get, and no coach is going to pass up a very capable 7 footer just because they don't necessarily "need" him.  We've been concerned about rebounding without the Hausers - his rebound numbers were really good last year, especially in conference play.  Doesn't score a ton, but that might be exactly what we need -  a shot blocker who can rebound.  You can have some interesting combination/sub scenarios between Jayce, Theo, Ed, and Bailey. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2019, 12:15:37 PM »

He'd be an interesting get, and no coach is going to pass up a very capable 7 footer just because they don't necessarily "need" him.  We've been concerned about rebounding without the Hausers - his rebound numbers were really good last year, especially in conference play.  Doesn't score a ton, but that might be exactly what we need -  a shot blocker who can rebound.  You can have some interesting combination/sub scenarios between Jayce, Theo, Ed, and Bailey.

Not to mention Eke if he works his way into the rotation.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2019, 12:18:06 PM »

Hoiberg trying to cut out the middleman:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2019/04/23/utes-sign-prep-basketball/