[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Can the hausers change their mind?  (Read 8461 times)

Boston Warrior

• Starter
Can the hausers change their mind?
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »

Is it possible to have a moment to reflect that this transfer thing can be rethought and worked on by all parties? It might be the best option for all concerned!

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: Can the hausers change their mind?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 10:40:28 PM »

Is it possible to have a moment to reflect that this transfer thing can be rethought and worked on by all parties? It might be the best option for all concerned!

This thought has been crossing my mind this weekend. I would say it’s a possibility, but I fear that Wojo may have been too much of a baby about it and completely burned the bridge.

A reversal of their decision would create other issues. I think we’d lose Anim and bailey as those two would be expecting to start next year and play major minutes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:47:32 PM by AirPunch »

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:53 PM »
Can Scholl or Lovell bring the parties together?

It makes sense for them to figure it out!

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 10:49:56 PM »

on the one week anniversary of announcing transfer

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:11:55 PM »

Sure. It's possible.

And so is Wojo developing leadership skills.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:19:17 AM »
This thought has been crossing my mind this weekend. I would say it’s a possibility, but I fear that Wojo may have been too much of a baby about it and completely burned the bridge.

You fear correctly.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 08:29:00 AM »
At this point, I wouldn't want them back. They would be clear starters next season, but a return could come at the cost of team chemistry and other players.

Their decision sucks for MU (and possibly them, if they really wanted UVa or MSU), but it's time for both sides to move on....

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »

I don't think you can put the Paste back into the Tube.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
Juan Anderson came back after he announced his transfer.  Buzz convinced him it was the best thing for him.  That transfer, however, was not surrounded by as much melodrama and innuendo as this one.  Yes, they could come back.  Doubt they will.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 08:42:34 AM »
Juan Anderson came back after he announced his transfer.  Buzz convinced him it was the best thing for him.  That transfer, however, was not surrounded by as much melodrama and innuendo as this one.  Yes, they could come back.  Doubt they will.

Jake Thomas also announced a transfer but returned.  But that was a very different situation as well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »
Not sure where to ask this ...

Why don't they test the NBA waters?  Why not even try (especially for Sam)?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 09:07:13 AM »
Certainly, in fact probably.......oh, I'll be right back. Just gotta take this phone call from Kate Upton and Kendall Jenner. They want to know when I'm available for a threesome, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
is it allowed by rule? yes. will they? no. if they did would the team and coaches have them? i highly doubt anybody associated with the program want them back at this point.

didnt mo acker get kicked off the team (thus looking to transfer) for hitting the bong too hard until buzzard realized he needed him back?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »
I think the larger predicament the program faces is that, regardless of the unlikelihood of a hypothetical Hausers-return is, there will be multiple players leaving the team - which is a far greater concern over whether or not Sam and Joey return.  Whether it is Sam and Joey, or Sacar and Brendan, the team is losing valuable skill and experience for next year, which is a disappointing and frustrating reaction after this past season.  You can use any comparative program/team you can dig up, but successful programs do not encounter an exodus of players after a top-10 year and projected top-10 season following.  Unfortunately, it is what it is right now.  We can only hope the future is better. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 09:28:42 AM »
Not sure where to ask this ...

Why don't they test the NBA waters?  Why not even try (especially for Sam)?

Because the deadline was yesterday, I believe. Even if it wasn't, early entrants had to request an eval by April 11 to be eligible to return. So they would've had to make that request before Markus announced he was back.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 09:35:47 AM »
Because the deadline was yesterday, I believe. Even if it wasn't, early entrants had to request an eval by April 11 to be eligible to return. So they would've had to make that request before Markus announced he was back.

Still, regardless of Sam's thoughts on Markus and Wojo and Marquette, I agree with Smuggles that it wouldn't have hurt Sam one iota, and likely would have helped him, to have gone through the process.

Having said that, Sam is yesterday's news. He's the enemy now. Moving on.

I think the larger predicament the program faces is that, regardless of the unlikelihood of a hypothetical Hausers-return is, there will be multiple players leaving the team

Several of those who claim to be in the know have commented in the last few days that this threat apparently has passed and that the Hausers will be the only ones to leave. Here's hoping they're right.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »
I only see one NBA prospect in this picture.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 09:41:35 AM »

The irony of this post is that a current mu player was responsible for that defensive lapse

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 09:47:25 AM »
Golden Warrior

I might be "one of those who claim to be in the know", and because of MU 82 outing me, I no longer stand by the threat has passed stance. I hope that your belief of more departures does not materialize.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
Golden Warrior

I might be "one of those who claim to be in the know", and because of MU 82 outing me, I no longer stand by the threat has passed stance. I hope that your belief of more departures does not materialize.

And let's be honest, even if the threat has passed, they are still college kids. Someone might change their mind. Excrement happens.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
The irony of this post is that a current mu player was responsible for that defensive lapse

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 09:49:27 AM »

Don't be sleeping on Shaq Buchanan.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
I think the larger predicament the program faces is that, regardless of the unlikelihood of a hypothetical Hausers-return is, there will be multiple players leaving the team - which is a far greater concern over whether or not Sam and Joey return.  Whether it is Sam and Joey, or Sacar and Brendan, the team is losing valuable skill and experience for next year, which is a disappointing and frustrating reaction after this past season.  You can use any comparative program/team you can dig up, but successful programs do not encounter an exodus of players after a top-10 year and projected top-10 season following.  Unfortunately, it is what it is right now.  We can only hope the future is better.

Last year Auburn went 26-8 and won the SEC and then their best player/leading scorer/3rd leading rebounder, a sophomore, transferred out...and then Auburn went to the Final Four without him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 09:55:01 AM »
Certainly, in fact probably.......oh, I'll be right back. Just gotta take this phone call from Kate Upton and Kendall Jenner. They want to know when I'm available for a threesome, hey?

don't forget the pics please :D and your vitamin "V"(or "C")  and your defibrillator
don't...don't don't don't don't

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 10:08:35 AM »
Dear Sam and Joey,

You left.  We moved on.

Best Wishes,
Steve & Markus

feedback