[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If I'm Bill Scholl...  (Read 11618 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: If I'm Bill Scholl...
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »
I'm almont ready to become a Seton Hall fan.  Hell, I live in N.J. most of the time and can pick up season tickets and not have to deal with this Scoop nonsense.

Are you under the impression that reading Scoop is mandatory to become a Marquette fan?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 03:13:03 PM »
I'm almont ready to become a Seton Hall fan.

See ya!

Stay well and have a good life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
It doesn't have to be that black and white. You don't have to fire that coach, but you can still make a change. Encourage them to look around some more, be willing to lower the buyout, and acknowledge that NCAA results are not the end-all. If this team goes 19-13, 6th in the league, wins a game in Dayton as an 11, and gets to the Elite 8 after beating a 6, 14, and 10, is that something we're clamoring for an extension over?

I'm not looking at any one result. I think you lay out your goals as criteria & if most of them are not met, you do what you have to do to wipe the slate clean and start over. There's more than one way to do that.

Maybe I'm in the minority but if we made the Elite 8, even that way, I'd be relatively happy with the result.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »
I have always been fascinated by the everything is about the tournament crowd, and need to make the 2nd weekend/Sweet 16 or bust.  Agreed that nobody remembers who was ranked top 10 the week of January 15th, 2014.  But without looking it up can you tell me who made it to the 2nd weekend of the 2014 NCAA tournament, or who made it to the sweet 16 of the 2014 tournament?  Hell, name all the teams that made it to the 2nd weekend or sweet 16 of this years tournament.
Ultimately it is all irrelevant and these fan goals for teams are just stupid, and putting conditions in place for a coach that require them to make the sweet 16 or be fired are just not based in any sort of real world scenario

Can I tell you every team in the 2nd weekend in 2014? No.

But I can tell you every time Marquette has been in the 2nd weekend since I have been alive (answer is five times, BTW: 1994, 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013). It means a hell of a lot. Much more than how high we were ranked in a given year.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:02:10 PM by Coleman »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
If I'm Bill Scholl ...

I definitely check the interwebs to see what a bunch of anonymous folks are speculating about.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 04:14:23 PM »
If I'm Bill Scholl ...

I definitely check the interwebs to see what a bunch of anonymous folks are speculating about.
Im sure his email box is full of messages alluding to that.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 05:46:16 PM »
I would sit Wojo Down and say...

I don't need a million excuses on why the Hauser's left. However, you need to know this is not a good look for Marquette basketball. Secondly, The best way to get past all of this is to win games next year, and next year's expectations don't change - you don't get to use the Hauser's departure as a crutch/excuse if things don't go well. We hired you to continue the tradition of Marquette basketball excellence.  It will be year 6 we expect the following.

1. Top 2 finish in the Big East
2. Playing in the finals of the Big East Tournament
3. Playing in the second weekend of the NCAA tournament
4. consistency ranked in the top 25
5. No additional distractions from your locker room

After the conversation takes place, I would also enact my plan B and start working all of my connections to figure out who our next coach could be in 12 months.

In this scenario, regardless of outcome, you are looking for a new coach. If you give me this and I am successful at it I use it to find a better job. To me this a  Cuonzo Martin scenario, your loyalty me will always be what have you done for me lately.

If I fail, I am out so I am looking anyway.

Also the last time MU played in the Finals of Conf tournament was 2002 and the last time they won was 1997 so now he is being held to a higher standard than previous coaches achieved just to keep his job.

The conversation I would have with Wojo would be avoid brothers. This is the second bad outcome involving brothers and if you don’t keep them both happy you lose them both.

I would then work with him to mend fences with the fan base. What can he do to be more accessible, engaging and seen as a positive choice. I realize there are will many who never gave him a chance or will give a chance but focus on what he can do to get fans to believe they are part of the solution. 

Every one of our coaches lost key players to transfer let’s not measure that but what are the KPIs that show incremental improvement and show continuity of that trend.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »
+1.  It will be pretty obvious for us wojo supporters by next year if he needs to go.  Firing him after Buzz like year (his best NCAA wise actually) is not one of them.
Things should be pretty obvious to you Wojo slurpers already, but when the old head is in the sand, not too much is obvious.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 10:09:13 PM »
Im sure his email box is full of messages alluding to that.

Easily handled by him (or his administrative assistant): Delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete ...

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »
I’d rather he do that than post another self indulgent photo of himself.

Marquette has decided that social media is a key component of their differentiation strategy. MU isn't all over social media by accident; it's by design. As a result, the President of Marquette should be leading by example on social media.

I'm telling you this in case you'd like to give Lovell the benefit of the doubt on his self-indulgent photos.

For the record, Marquette has also decided that Basketball is a key component of their differentiation strategy.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 10:41:58 PM »
Marquette has decided that social media is a key component of their differentiation strategy. MU isn't all over social media by accident; it's by design. As a result, the President of Marquette should be leading by example on social media.

I'm telling you this in case you'd like to give Lovell the benefit of the doubt on his self-indulgent photos.

For the record, Marquette has also decided that Basketball is a key component of their differentiation strategy.

https://twitter.com/mikebroeker/status/1094744199700844544
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2019, 10:48:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/mikebroeker/status/1094744199700844544

Posted right after the Villanova win. Probably the high point of the season.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 05:42:45 AM »

Using social media is a no brainer. Weekly pictures of our President in his Lululemon gear seems unnecessary.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2019, 05:46:41 AM »
Nightmare

Our President does get a lot of air time. If I did not know better, I would think he was a professional marathon runner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2019, 06:40:32 AM »
I love seeing “slurper”.  That’s a winning argument IMO
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

NickelDimer

• All American
No Finish Line

feedback