[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brendan vs Joey  (Read 9827 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Brendan vs Joey
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »
Considering they're not especially effective offensively in the post at this point I don't think it would be a major concern of times. Maybe Theo keeps developing a better post game and Ed expands his range but I'll believe it when I see. And as mentioned above there are the concerns with foul trouble.
Due to recent developments Ed is now my favorite MU player.  That guy works his tail off on the floor.  But I wouldn't want to see both him and Theo on the floor together.  Can't get good spacing with both of them on the floor and one of them will be facing a total mismatch on the defensive end of the floor pretty much at all times.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 03:29:10 PM »
Due to recent developments Ed is now my favorite MU player.  That guy works his tail off on the floor.  But I wouldn't want to see both him and Theo on the floor together.  Can't get good spacing with both of them on the floor and one of them will be facing a total mismatch on the defensive end of the floor pretty much at all times.

Dodd’s did an interview with he revealed why he got so much stronger as the season progressed. It was interesting as I didn’t know he was so limited for such a long period. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 03:36:34 PM »

what were the recent developments? just that ed came to mu hoping to play the 4 and get major minutes and shots but is sticking around despite getting none of those things to go his way, while the hausers are leaving town because their letter writing campaign didnt land them more shots? or did i miss something about ed that came out recently?

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 03:43:20 PM »
Kinda OT, but...

Bailey was far worse than Joey at the beginning of the year.

Bailey was not as good as Joey at the end of the year, but made up a lot of ground (and Joey lost some).

I *think* by the time Joey can suit up again, Bailey will be a far better basketball player than Joey.  My opinion.

And Bailey's biggest weakness is that the game is moving a bit too fast, something that happens to lots of freshmen and they don't always get the chance to play their way out of it. Allegedly he shoots pretty well in practice, I have to believe that's the case given the green light he seemed to have in games. I expect to see big improvement with a year of seasoning and more of a leash with the short bench.

Joey's biggest weaknesses were that he was unathletic and slow, and he didn't seem to be especially good shape. Maybe he just needs a full healthy offseason to work on his body and get into great shape, but my biggest worry for him was that he didn't have the drive that Markus and Sam seem to. That's harder to improve.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 04:21:44 PM »

IMO, I have at least some hope for Theo developing into an offensive threat in certain spots. I don't feel the same about Morrow, and that's perfectly ok, but I just think offensively he is going to be cleaning up the trash with a dunk or two. At some point, Theo is going to put it together and learn how to use his mass in perhaps a Davante-like way. And I think his back-to-the-basket game is close to being a realistic threat.

Anyways, my point is that I don't think it absolutely precludes us from playing both together. We already have two offense-first ball handlers. It might be different if we were still playing Derrick.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 05:52:09 PM »
At some point, Theo is going to put it together and learn how to use his mass in perhaps a Davante-like way.

No.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback