[Today at 09:50:49 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Beware the Ides of April 15...a Day that will live in Infamy.  (Read 6119 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Beware the Ides of April 15...a Day that will live in Infamy.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 10:35:53 AM »

Really?  You think the Hausers were concerned that they may have lost time to Jamal Cain and Brendan Bailey and that's what caused them to transfer???

I think he was alluding to the fact that Koby at the point would speed up the team and help us become a better slashing and transition team. Throw in Symir and that adds more to that point. Essentially would put Sam in a Korver sort of role in that system.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
I think he was alluding to the fact that Koby at the point would speed up the team and help us become a better slashing and transition team. Throw in Symir and that adds more to that point. Essentially would put Sam in a Korver sort of role in that system.

Not really.  Sam can very much hold his own in that type of system.  Sam was usually very good in a transition game.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 10:42:42 AM »
Where is this Sam is slow crap coming from? Lol.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
I created this new topic to query how the shocking news affected all of our days as fans of this wonderful program we all love. Did your day get better as it went on? Did you keep perspective and turn loving, appreciative eyes towards friends and family? Did you freak and drink alone for a few hours? Not judging, because if it weren’t for the rational analysis of a couple of my NCAA hoops-playing alumni friends...I would probably be wagering right now at 3am on Australian ponies on my TwinSpires account.

I couldn’t get a response from a couple friends I called, so at first I was stranded on Lonely Island, wondering what to make of it all. Within about 3 or 4 hours time, I was heartened by the reactions of a couple aforementioned friends with serious expertise on what it takes to win in March. In a nutshell, it involved a realization that our defense was about to improve, and our offense will be sped up considerably.

But In keeping with the initial frightened alienation of being in a new, strange reality, stranded for now on an Island, before processing it all into a hopeful new reality...

Give us your tired, your poor, huddled masses of reactions, GIFs, thoughts, feelings, and how you got through this troubling day.

Our country recovered from a surprise attack on December 7, 1941.
Will the events of April 15, 2019 forge a bond among teammates not seen here since the days of Al?
Will we turn inward, point fingers, and be pitted against one another...
Will fierce young Warriors emerge and lead us forward to greatness?

How are you guys and gals feeling this morning huddled in the online fallout shelter?
A new day has dawned. I think we will be just fine.

yeah, blowing a 31 point lead, at home, is bad, really bad, as is losing Cousins for the rest of the playoffs, but I think the Warriors will be fine and finish off the series 4-1. Cousins was actually -17 when on the floor in game 1. Jordan Bell and Milwaukee's own Kevon Looney can step up in his absence.

Now can we get back to talking about Marquette?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »

Really?  You think the Hausers were concerned that they may have lost time to Jamal Cain and Brendan Bailey and that's what caused them to transfer???

Interesting how you intentionally left Koby and Elliott out of this comment in order to try to make an argument. You do realize those two are going to play a lot next year, right? Anyway,  the point was with these changes they are going to be built is heavily around the 3-pt shot.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »
April 15th with be FFH day, freedom from hausers day.

It will mark the halfway point between FFC day n April 1 and May 1st, when outdoor fookin can begin.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 12:02:59 PM »
Yesterday wasn't all doom and gloom for Marquette; Doc Rivers just helped lead the Clippers to the greatest comeback in NBA Playoffs history. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 12:17:46 PM »
A day later, here are my thoughts:

1. The program is a mess.  Wojo doesn't seem to know how to manage the personalities on the team and its causing chaos. I think unless he really meets the expectations of the program prior to yesterday, he's going to be gone after next year.  He may actually be gone sooner if it gets worse.

2. The idea that we are going to be fine without the Hausers just boggles my mind.  Did you see Bailey and Cain play last year?  Sure they are more athletic and Bailey is a better defender than Joey, but they have very little offensive game.  We have a team built around the outside shot whose second best shooter is Sacar Anim.  That's a problem.

3. The "Ides of April 15" is a redundancy.  Ides means middle of the month, so "Ides of April" is sufficient

As to #3...I was completely aware of the redundancy...but I wanted the “15th” to be prominent, as it was a TAXing day for sure. I should have used parentheses, so my bad.

As to #1 and #2....sorry you feel this way....ET TU, FLUFFY BLUE?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 12:26:07 PM »
Yesterday wasn't all doom and gloom for Marquette; Doc Rivers just helped lead the Clippers to the greatest comeback in NBA Playoffs history.

By some accounts, Doc Rivers played an important role in getting Wojo to MU. It comes full circle.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 03:34:02 PM »
Correction, we HAD a team built around the outside shot. We will now have a team built much more around defense, transition, and attacking the basket. Same would've been true if the Hausers had stayed, which, likely provides some pretty good insight into why they chose to leave.
this guy unnatural carnal knowledgeing gets it! 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 04:09:14 PM »
April 15 was a tough day for MU and Notre Dame (no, not that one).