[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The 2014 hiring of Wojo has indelibly marred the reputation of this program...  (Read 26481 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
My wife has made it clear we will never live in LA.

Cheeks

Which is why you/Billy chose to live in the OC.

Personally, I would never live anywhere in the People's Democratic Republic. But, if absolutely forced, it would be in the OC or Del Mar. The rest of it can go away.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Cheeks

Personally, I would never live anywhere in the People's Democratic Republic. But, if absolutely forced, it would be in the OC or Del Mar. The rest of it can go away.

I don't think he has ever even lived in California, but you will have to ask him. 

I do choose to live in the OC, but it has been run over as well....I work in LA.   14 months and counting.  Tick tock tick tock. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
Cheeks

There are lots of rational people in Cal. They are just hard to find hiding amongst the mushrooms.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Cheeks

My wife and I just drove down to SoCal today.  Staying at friends in Del Mar through Wednesday. Great to get out of the mid-90s weather in LV. Too many people in Cali.  There's bumper-to-bumper traffic wherever you go and parking is always an adventure too!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
My wife and I just drove down to SoCal today.  Staying at friends in Del Mar through Wednesday. Great to get out of the mid-90s weather in LV. Too many people in Cali.  There's bumper-to-bumper traffic wherever you go and parking is always an adventure too!

I spend 2.5 hours of my life daily in traffic to go a total of 50 miles.  Way way too many people.  Weather is lovely......and that's about it.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Cheeks

You'd probably love Moscow.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Cheeks

I once had an interview in the OC but it wasn’t for me. I enjoy living in a progressive city where my wife can take transit or bike to work and it only takes me 15 minutes to drive and when we get home we can walk anywhere.

I turned down a job in SD (La jolla ) because we didn’t want to change our lifestyles so significantly.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:02:03 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

real chili 83

• All American
ND sucks

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

texaswarrior74

• All American
The worst thing that can happen to coach is to lose your team. There's going to be times when the opponent is simply more talented, more experienced or even better coached. That happens......

.....Again, this has been mentioned, but what exactly did Wojo take away from his years on the Duke bench? Managing talent, managing egos, expectations, playing time, etc., is what Coach K has been doing successfully for years.

You must not follow Duke basketball closely. To say that K has been successfully managing his bench and talent for years could not be farther from the truth. Historically he plays a very short rotation despite having a ton of highly recruited McDonald’s AAs sitting on the bench and getting little to no playing time. His starters get worn out and have no legs by tournament time. Two years ago he had 8 burger boys on the team, played 5 and complained about no depth as why they had an early NVAA exit ad nauseum.

These players have all transferred out in the last 5-7 years and several more should have:

Jordan Tucker
Sean Obi
Chase Jeter
Derryck Thornton
Semi Ojeleye
Rasheed Sulaimon
Alex Murphy
Michael Gbinije
Olek Czyz
Elliot Williams
Taylor King
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng
Michael Thompson
Andre Sweet
Chris Burgess
Mike Chappell
Bill McCaffrey
Crawford Palmer
Joey Beard

Beard’s transfer has an interesting story to go with it.

He agonized over leaving, then finally went into and told k he thought it best to leave. K was like, “ok, whatever”. Some time later, Joey went down to the locker room to get his stuff. The locker room was locked, and his stuff was in a trash bag outside the door. Not. kidding. Can’t make this up. This was also about the time the student newspaper did a mid-season report card on the team and gave them an A-/B+ rating. K used this to motivate them by calling the student reporters into the locker room and cussing them out in front of the team, while saying he’d rate them A+ and threatening to ban the Chronicle if they published anymore b/s articles. To their everlasting credit, the chron reporters were wearing a wire, and the next day, the whole incident made the paper.

Good times from the “leader of men.”

Wojo’s mentor isn’t the saint he’s portrayed by the media to be.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Title says wojo sucks. 7th page reads about lifestyle in cali. Sup scoop.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
You must not follow Duke basketball closely. To say that K has been successfully managing his bench and talent for years could not be farther from the truth. Historically he plays a very short rotation despite having a ton of highly recruited McDonald’s AAs sitting on the bench and getting little to no playing time. His starters get worn out and have no legs by tournament time. Two years ago he had 8 burger boys on the team, played 5 and complained about no depth as why they had an early NVAA exit ad nauseum.

These players have all transferred out in the last 5-7 years and several more should have:

Jordan Tucker
Sean Obi
Chase Jeter
Derryck Thornton
Semi Ojeleye
Rasheed Sulaimon
Alex Murphy
Michael Gbinije
Olek Czyz
Elliot Williams
Taylor King
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng
Michael Thompson
Andre Sweet
Chris Burgess
Mike Chappell
Bill McCaffrey
Crawford Palmer
Joey Beard

Beard’s transfer has an interesting story to go with it.

He agonized over leaving, then finally went into and told k he thought it best to leave. K was like, “ok, whatever”. Some time later, Joey went down to the locker room to get his stuff. The locker room was locked, and his stuff was in a trash bag outside the door. Not. kidding. Can’t make this up. This was also about the time the student newspaper did a mid-season report card on the team and gave them an A-/B+ rating. K used this to motivate them by calling the student reporters into the locker room and cussing them out in front of the team, while saying he’d rate them A+ and threatening to ban the Chronicle if they published anymore b/s articles. To their everlasting credit, the chron reporters were wearing a wire, and the next day, the whole incident made the paper.

Good times from the “leader of men.”

Wojo’s mentor isn’t the saint he’s portrayed by the media to be.

5-7 years?  Chappel transferred in 1999. McCaffrey transferred in 1991. Beard transferred in 1995 (and didn't exactly light it up at that powerhouse, Boston U). A number of others were 1990's transfers.  Obi was a rransfer in and a grad transfer out.  So not only are you ridiculously inaccurate here I don't know what your point is.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
I may be in if there's a warriordad bet

Definitely in on that

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
You just called me Billy...we will start there with that humiliation and go from there.  Or are you finally going to admit you are wrong?

Which is it?  And now that money is involved your are cowering away?  Sad.  Good charities on the line here.

No I didn't, read my post again, I just think it's cute you guys both know so much about water polo. Defensive much?

Goose

• All American
I'm in on the Warriordad action. No doubt that is cheeks.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
I'm in on the Warriordad action. No doubt that is cheeks.

I’m game if he is.  Billy is game, we have had conversations just finalizing the logistics.

I want commitments here first, if we are going to do this let us start seeing the Amounts people are donating for charity and the walk of shame mea culpas you are all doing when you are wrong.  This only happens if there is some public shaming (all in good fun) that goes with it.

Dollars boys....meaningful dollars.

Bocephys

• All American
I’m game if he is.  Billy is game, we have had conversations just finalizing the logistics.

I want commitments here first, if we are going to do this let us start seeing the Amounts people are donating for charity and the walk of shame mea culpas you are all doing when you are wrong.  This only happens if there is some public shaming (all in good fun) that goes with it.

Please keep the video of Scoopers stuffing soggy dollar bills into the underpants of increasingly elaborate Chicos disguises to the underboard.

Lennys Tap

• All American

jesmu84

• All American

Does this also include a caveat that you've never used any of their accounts to post under their names?

MU82

• All American
How 'bout hoopaloop? Different guy, too?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Lots of talk, no action.....step up boys...all for charity. Some of you making accusations cannot dip into that wallet eh? 

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
MU has a good, if not great, team returning next year with a true star, talented and experienced complementary players, a wonderfull new home court, and a gritty, no-nonsense, no-excuse coach who has moved the team forward.
Filling the FISERV will fuel the progess.
Let's focus on this.

GOO

• All American
MU has a good, if not great, team returning next year with a true star, talented and experienced complementary players, a wonderfull new home court, and a gritty, no-nonsense, no-excuse coach who has moved the team forward.
Filling the FISERV will fuel the progess.
Let's focus on this.

Thanks for reminding us.  It should be a fun and exciting year.  Just a bit of a let down not having Sam around to potentially make us an elite type of team.  But there is still hope for a great season and we should be good regardless.   

Really too bad about the Hauser's, no doubt is sucks a lot. 

Joey will be missed in the future as he is going to be a big time player (he just is a little slow, but if he plays the 5/4 he sure is going to be difficult to defend as he can shoot it so well as a freshman and that will only improve most likely).  What he gives up on defense due to his lack of foot speed, he will more than make up for on offense at the 3 point line.  He has so much potential.  It will suck to have to play against him and he will be hurting us for 3 years (I suspect his initial redshirt year will be a medical redshirt year).   

Granted Joey played really poorly down the stretch and was a turnover machine and probably cost us a game or two.  But he gets a pass from me as a freshman after a long season.  And obviously there was some other issues going on in his head apparently.

Sam, will be missed immediately in such a big way.  Totally reminds me of Blankson leaving us in Wade's final year.  But, Blankson leaving ended up working out okay for MU and Wade.  Luckily Blankson didn't cost us an elite season, and who knows, him leaving could have been a good thing - we will never know.  But I don't know if we have a Novak sitting on the bench to step up and give us something special on offense to replace a Blankson.  Maybe we do and will end up with an elite season.  But without Sam it definitely makes an elite season less likely.

Too bad that they both felt they had to leave together.  I don't know the full story, but it seems that one wanted to go and the other (Sam) would have stayed but one leaving meant both leave.  But then I also heard that a family member wanted Sam to redshirt, but I have no idea what is true and no direct inside info to know the truth from the rumors - of which there are plenty of conflicting rumors.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
(I suspect his initial redshirt year will be a medical redshirt year).   

Even if year 1 of Joey's clock is considered a medical hardship, his year in residence as a sit out transfer makes a 6 year waiver highly unlikely, if not unprecedented. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Even if year 1 of Joey's clock is considered a medical hardship, his year in residence as a sit out transfer makes a 6 year waiver highly unlikely, if not unprecedented.

Exactly. One has to have two years of denied opportunity due to injury to get a sixth year. A year in residence is not that.

Besides, would he even want a sixth year?  He'll be playing pro somewhere by then.