[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Both Hausers to transfer.  (Read 35139 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Both Hausers to transfer.
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2019, 03:28:24 PM »
I take everything on this board with a grain of salt.

I strictly pass on information I hear. Take it with a grain of salt. I shouldn't speak definitively. My bad.

You only break bad news, if you break that JJ is coming I guarantee people will love you.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2019, 03:29:04 PM »
Ignore them.  Thanks for the scoop.

Agree

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2019, 03:30:00 PM »
I take everything on this board with a grain of salt.

I strictly pass on information I hear. Take it with a grain of salt. I shouldn't speak definitively. My bad.

All good man. Everyone is testy and anxious, myself included.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
Now that this crapstorm is past its peak...

What's with the major amount of hate that people get when they come to the board with "insider" information? Isn't that what this board is all about? Us plebs coming to share knowledge about the program with each other?

The crucifixions that happen when someone is "wrong" about something on this board are incredible. "Wrong" is in parentheses because you can't be "wrong" when sharing a rumor they heard.

Guess I'll keep everything to myself from now on. Sheesh.

You know the drill man. When people don’t like the message they attack the messenger. I for one appreciate all you’ve shared and have said as much. I’m sure your Howard info was accurate at the time you posted it and things changed. Keep sharing what you hear.
No Finish Line

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2019, 03:37:39 PM »
Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing this.

It wasn't what we wanted, but we could see the plain truth in front of our eyes. You chose to bury your head to reality.  Congrats on pulling your heads out of....the sand.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:06 PM »
I see the Wojo era different than most but it is how I see it.

How many times did we hear Markus, Markus, Markus? Wojo the cheerleader for Markus. Wojo the super fan of Markus. That is great but in truth Markus is a great shooter, but little else. He is not a D Wade, Doc Rivers, Butch Lee or Dean Meminger. Markus is the best 3 point shooter of the group but not the best player. He deserves praise but not at the expense of the Team.

Wojo simply does not understand what it means to actually implement, "our strength is our team".  His continued admiration and lauding of Markus was well beyond his overall skill set. He is not a team player.  By continuously praising Markus and not reining him in alienated other very good players on the team and undermined the Team concept.  We are now suffering the results of his inability to handle highly competitive players. Yes Markus is a great shooter but the Hausers deserved more public attention given their contribution. And, yes let's not forget Joey was a Freshman filling a sophomore's role. Not reining Markus in is Wojo's downfall. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:07:05 PM by Class71 »
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2019, 04:00:34 PM »
Markus

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »
I see the Wojo era different than most but it is how I see it.

How many times did we hear Marcus, Marcus, Marcus? Wojo the cheerleader for Marcus. Wojo the super fan of Marcus. That is great but in truth Marcus is a great shooter, but little else. He is not a D Wade, Doc Rivers, Butch Lee or Dean Meminger. Marcus is the best 3 point shooter of the group but not the best player. He deserves praise but not at the expense of the Team.

Wojo simply does not understand what it means to actually implement, "our strength is our team".  His continued admiration and lauding of Marcus was well beyond his overall skill set. He is not a team player.  By continuously praising Marcus and not reining him in alienated other very good players on the team and undermined the Team concept.  We are now suffering the results of his inability to handle highly competitive players. Yes Marcus is a great shooter but the Hausers deserved more public attention given their contribution. And, yes let's not forget Joey was a Freshman filling a sophomore's role. Not reining Marcus in is  Wojo's downfall.

..and when did Wojo reign in Joey or Sam. There were times I would have liked to seen more Jamal or Brendan, but when they made a mistake it was "pine city". Joey and Sam were free to have bad games but the others could not even have a bad 5 minutes. So don't say Wojo only deferred only to Markus.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2019, 04:14:53 PM »
..and when did Wojo reign in Joey or Sam. There were times I would have liked to seen more Jamal or Brendan, but when they made a mistake it was "pine city". Joey and Sam were free to have bad games but the others could not even have a bad 5 minutes. So don't say Wojo only deferred only to Markus.

Valid point.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »
John Fanta
‏@John_Fanta

Hearing that Virginia is a potential frontrunner in the race to get the Hauser Brothers. These are a pair of high-level players in the portal.

10:45 AM - 15 Apr 2019

Connections, connections, connections
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2019, 04:19:09 PM »
Just a theory, but I'm trying to make sense of this.  Sam seemed to be happy his first two years here.  Then this year, Joey joined the lineup.  Some posters here have called Joey "too soft".  Is it possible Wojo was too tough behind closed doors for Joey to handle?  Is Sam being the "good brother" because Joey couldn't take Wojo's heat and Joey became increasingly miserable as the season went on?  Does anyone have any background knowledge of this that could confirm or deny my theory?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
Just a theory, but I'm trying to make sense of this.  Sam seemed to be happy his first two years here.  Then this year, Joey joined the lineup.  Some posters here have called Joey "too soft".  Is it possible Wojo was too tough behind closed doors for Joey to handle?  Is Sam being the "good brother" because Joey couldn't take Wojo's heat and Joey became increasingly miserable as the season went on?  Does anyone have any background knowledge of this that could confirm or deny my theory?

Some people who claim to be in the know say its the opposite.  Sam wanted out, Joey is following.  No one seems to be sure of Sam's reasoning for wanting out. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »
There already are at least a half-dozen threads going on, and probably will be more before I finish this. I'll put this here because it's as good a place as any ...

As many know, I have been one of Wojo's vocal supporters, but there is no doubt that this sets us back considerably, and I don't see how he or his program recovers. As one who usually defended him, I do feel let down; I can't lie about that.

As the "CEO" of his program, Wojo looks weak here, like he has little control over anything. It's a terrible look, and it means he is officially on the clock.

This, combined with the way it ended with the Ellensons, as well as some players earlier in his tenure (Taylor, Carter, Cheatham, Burton, Dawson, etc), even the Froling tweet ... all of it adds up. One can look at each situation and explain it, but coaches are great at negative recruiting, and right now Wojo is an easy mark for them.

"You're really considering Marquette? Have you heard about this? And this? And this and this and this? Do you really want your precious son to play for him?"

Obviously, this Hauser situation is more damning than any of the others -- Wisconsin kids leaving "home" even as the team seemed on the verge of greatness. I don't know how Wojo overcomes this. It's a vicious body-blow to his program.

As for the Hausers ...

I am one who said last week that they had options -- came right out and said they should transfer if they hated it so much -- so I am not going to rip them for doing just that. Nor will I bash them for their shortcomings that were part of our late-season collapse, because they had plenty of company in that department, including Wojo and Markus.

Lastly, as a person in his fifth decade of Marquette fandom, I am a little sad that some of Wojo's detractors seem almost giddy about this. I guess because it validates their opinions about him and lets them revel in their miserableness? 

How wonderful that our program -- one that seemed on the verge of our best season in at least 7 years -- now will probably have yet another long stretch of suckitude.

Congrats, folks ... you "win"!

Brother 82, trust me that I take no joy in this, I'm sick. 1000x worse than the Murray State loss - while that was damning in it's own right there is enough to the "crap shoot" narrative to be able to move on from that.

I agree I don't see how Wojo BB can bounce back from this. This wasn't a "bad night" but a clearly calculated decision culminating from a long festering something.  To lose Sam, a fan favourite that embodied everything Wojo wanted MUBB to be (hard working, smart BB, et ) from a tram with legit final four hopes is just a bombshell. Nothing to gain by pulling the plug on Wojo for next year, there's enough of a team there - but unless Wojo pulls off something magical next year in terms of NCAA or recruiting success he needs to be gone by this time next year.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

mug644

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2019, 04:42:32 PM »
1SE, that’s exactly my sentiments. I can’t imagine Sam’s rationale, but he’s welcome to make whatever choice he wants. He certainly doesn’t owe me, or any other fans, anything.

Still, I will remain confused, and see it as a very bad look for Wojo. I’ve been one to give him a lot of slack, but he absolutely needs to guide the team to a very strong season next year, even without the Hausers, and get a solid recruiting class for 2020, or else I’ll be ready for a change.

williewarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2019, 05:11:02 PM »
Brother 82, trust me that I take no joy in this, I'm sick. 1000x worse than the Murray State loss - while that was damning in it's own right there is enough to the "crap shoot" narrative to be able to move on from that.

I agree I don't see how Wojo BB can bounce back from this. This wasn't a "bad night" but a clearly calculated decision culminating from a long festering something.  To lose Sam, a fan favourite that embodied everything Wojo wanted MUBB to be (hard working, smart BB, et ) from a tram with legit final four hopes is just a bombshell. Nothing to gain by pulling the plug on Wojo for next year, there's enough of a team there - but unless Wojo pulls off something magical next year in terms of NCAA or recruiting success he needs to be gone by this time next year.
Why are people burying their head in the sand thinking Wojo might pull something off next year. He just lost two starters, one of them being Sam, the best player on the team. That, with the melt down this year spells big time bull crap next year.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2019, 05:18:07 PM »
Why are people burying their head in the sand thinking Wojo might pull something off next year. He just lost two starters, one of them being Sam, the best player on the team. That, with the melt down this year spells big time bull crap next year.
I don't think people are burying their heads in the sand. Due to the timing of this (hopefully 'this' is all the bad news), it is not an ideal time to make a coaching change. I think the vast majority of MU fans expect to have a new coach next year. Just have to ride the year out and drive down the "buy-out". (and who knows?.., maybe Wojo catches BB IQ in a bottle).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2019, 05:31:13 PM »
1SE, that’s exactly my sentiments. I can’t imagine Sam’s rationale, but he’s welcome to make whatever choice he wants. He certainly doesn’t owe me, or any other fans, anything.

Still, I will remain confused, and see it as a very bad look for Wojo. I’ve been one to give him a lot of slack, but he absolutely needs to guide the team to a very strong season next year, even without the Hausers, and get a solid recruiting class for 2020, or else I’ll be ready for a change.

Agreed.
I can't see how this isn't a bad decision for both Sam and Wojo. Messed up that they couldn't figure out a way to make this work, because I don't see how this benefits either. Sam is going to be less than six months from his 24th birthday by the time he can play pro ball. That's not appealing to the NBA.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »
Bart Torvik's system dropped Marquette from 13th to 57th after the news. Ick. http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »
Bart Torvik's system dropped Marquette from 13th to 57th after the news. Ick. http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php
Sounds about right. Bubble team.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »

Well it looks like your Likes will happen.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Goose

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »
The Hauser boys were really the one thing Wojo did that gave me any hope he was not in over his head. I’ll say it now, he is in way over his head. There is no silver lining for the news today.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2019, 05:45:34 PM »
The Hauser boys were really the one thing Wojo did that gave me any hope he was not in over his head. I’ll say it now, he is in way over his head. There is no silver lining for the news today.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2019, 06:05:21 PM »
Nope there really isn’t. I only wish it’d happened sooner and maybe we could’ve moved on a replacement coach. Considering there’s no way the admin could’ve been completely blindsided by this maybe they should’ve proactively made a move. Now it’s too late.
No Finish Line

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2019, 06:08:13 PM »
Nope there really isn’t. I only wish it’d happened sooner and maybe we could’ve moved on a replacement coach. Considering there’s no way the admin could’ve been completely blindsided by this maybe they should’ve proactively made a move. Now it’s too late.

Not true, The AL was going crazy today. It was pretty sudden.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2019, 06:16:10 PM »
Not true, The AL was going crazy today. It was pretty sudden.
That seems so hard to believe. Their displeasure had to have been known by those inside the program it would seem.
No Finish Line

feedback