Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Twitter Troll tweets of possible Armageddon  (Read 19097 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Twitter Troll tweets of possible Armageddon
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2019, 12:44:21 PM »
They'll end up in orange and white
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2019, 12:45:25 PM »

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
If this is true, you have to wonder what their options will be.

They're both great players...but if they're leaving because Markus was the guy and they were "only" options #2 and #3, they must be looking for a program where they'd be guaranteed to be THE guys from the start.

They both have to know they're not THE guy at this level. They know their roles.

It's got to be frustration with Wojo and the way he manages the team.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
TAMU

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Bucky no. The others?

You think Izzo would guarantee they'd be the #1 and #2 options? I don't.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2019, 12:51:15 PM »

Tennessee?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
You think Izzo would guarantee they'd be the #1 and #2 options? I don't.

I don't think that's what this is about
TAMU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2019, 12:53:05 PM »
I pray this is right. I can’t stomach the thought the thought of them in red and white
No Finish Line

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2019, 12:53:59 PM »
Bucky no. The others?

Really? Because if I were a betting man I would say theres a 80% chance they land there far above any other team due to them being instate. Wisconsins offense is so bad right now they could easily be the 1 and 2 man guy on the team. I hate to say it but in 2 years if they are on the team they have a final four team there. Davison, King, Hauser, Hauser and Ruevers. Good luck against that team.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:06 PM »
For two star players to leave, based upon the fact/rumor, that they didn't want to play with an All American player, who has distinguished himself as a player, student and human being is well, sort of despicable. Now, if it comes out they didn't like the coach, then another story. 

Would also be a terrible perception on the part of the recruiting aspect and with 2020 coming up, very, very bad.

By all accounts Sam and Markus are very close.  Also both stars and have been their entire careers, so Sam would get the gunner mentality.  Annoyed with Markus, but it is what it is.  Now if you have your coach who not only doesn't try to focus significant offense on you, and further more, doesn't admonish or coach Markus when he gets selfish and gets scoring blinders to the detriment of someone like Sam, thats a different level of frustration and distrust.

They have no issue playing with Markus, but if they see no evidence to believe their coach would help Markus help them (via unselfishness, distribution, vision, etc...), then I can absolutely understand them bailing.  They are smart guys with high basketball IQs, they aren't Todd Mayo

Also, no chance they end up at Wisconsin

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:39 PM »
By all accounts Sam and Markus are very close.  Also both stars and have been their entire careers, so Sam would get the gunner mentality.  Annoyed with Markus, but it is what it is.  Now if you have your coach who not only doesn't try to focus significant offense on you, and further more, doesn't admonish or coach Markus when he gets selfish and gets scoring blinders to the detriment of someone like Sam, thats a different level of frustration and distrust.

They have no issue playing with Markus, but if they see no evidence to believe their coach would help Markus help them (via unselfishness, distribution, vision, etc...), then I can absolutely understand them bailing.  They are smart guys with high basketball IQs, they aren't Todd Mayo

Also, no chance they end up at Wisconsin

What high b-ball IQ did Joey show last year??

Kid might legitimately have rocks for brains.

Sam, yeah he makes the little winning plays.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2019, 01:04:11 PM »
I don't think that's what this is about

Then what?

Sam was OK enough with Wojo to stick around for 3 years, and encourage his brother to follow. Is he essentially saying he was wrong for the last 3 years?

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2019, 01:04:16 PM »
if Joey wasn't found out as such a big bust this year I would be more pissed , sam missing out hurts much more, but for me its more the principle of losing two potential starters when you have a great group coming back and a team that could go far in theory, that hurts the most, and its on wojo,   

might be the perfect time to cut ties now,  the program is definitely in trouble right now.  wojo is the cause of this.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »
if Joey wasn't found out as such a big bust this year I would be more pissed , sam missing out hurts much more, but for me its more the principle of losing two potential starters when you have a great group coming back and a team that could go far in theory, that hurts the most, and its on wojo,   

might be the perfect time to cut ties now,  the program is definitely in trouble right now.  wojo is the cause of this.

Joey a bust? Had some bad moments but he was a fricken freshman averaging 10 points on a tournament team, definition of not a bust.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »
Only a moron would attack Joey. The kid was a freshman for God’s sake!!
No Finish Line

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2019, 01:13:51 PM »
This really sucks. I didn't want to believe it when I first heard it, but a whisper became a whirlwind in very short order.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2019, 01:17:14 PM »
Joey a bust? Had some bad moments but he was a fricken freshman averaging 10 points on a tournament team, definition of not a bust.

Thank you.  Bears repeating.  I thought Joey had a very impressive freshman season, and I was really looking forward to watching him develop over the next several years.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
They'll end up at Nebraska with Fred "Transfer" Hoiberg as coach. 

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »
I wish big daddy were still around

Whatever happened to Big Daddy? Is Freeport still around, appreciated his content a great deal as well

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2019, 11:07:28 PM »
Thank you.  Bears repeating.  I thought Joey had a very impressive freshman season, and I was really looking forward to watching him develop over the next several years.

Joey disappeared most of the second half of the year. Fouled too much, turned the ball over, was a non-factor in most games the last couple of months.

Those are facts.

Despite that, I was never "down" on Joey, and I think he has an outstanding future as a college basketball player. And I am not going to pretend we won't miss him. If he improves as much as Sam did, he will be a heck of a player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2019, 11:22:51 PM »
Joey disappeared most of the second half of the year. Fouled too much, turned the ball over, was a non-factor in most games the last couple of months.

Those are facts.

Despite that, I was never "down" on Joey, and I think he has an outstanding future as a college basketball player. And I am not going to pretend we won't miss him. If he improves as much as Sam did, he will be a heck of a player.

I was never down on Joey or Sam either, until this afternoon. They proclaim to be winners and yet flat-out bailed on their teammates. Leaders work things out with their teammates and coaches. The team was on the verge of a massive breakthrough, and they decided that whom the coach was going to feature or showcase was somehow more important than the team itself. I could understand if these were kids so very close to an NBA career and a coach was limiting their worth going forward. Neither of these kids are going to sniff the league. Sam will forge a great career overseas no matter what his role would’ve been in 2019-2020. I never wish bad things on anyone, as that is just not the way to go through life. However, I won’t miss them one iota.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2019, 11:22:58 PM »
Assuming some degree of the speculation is true joey seems to have a big ego. He just assumes hes headed to the NBA and is THE GUY. he has no chance to ever be the best player at MSU or UVA. maybe UW with significant improvement.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:16 PM »
I was never down on Joey or Sam either, until this afternoon. They proclaim to be winners and yet flat-out bailed on their teammates. Leaders work things out with their teammates and coaches. The team was on the verge of a massive breakthrough, and they decided that whom the coach was going to feature or showcase was somehow more important than the team itself. I could understand if these were kids so very close to an NBA career and a coach was limiting their worth going forward. Neither of these kids are going to sniff the league. Sam will forge a great career overseas no matter what his role would’ve been in 2019-2020. I never wish bad things on anyone, as that is just not the way to go through life. However, I won’t miss them one iota.

That's pretty harsh, but it's your feelings and I certainly understand them. I have some of them myself. By just about any definition, they did quit.

As for whether they "sniff" the league, I think both have a decent chance, especially Sam. I've been wrong before but, I mean, Jon Freakin' Leuer just completed his 8th NBA season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »
Well said. completely agree.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »
That's pretty harsh, but it's your feelings and I certainly understand them. I have some of them myself. By just about any definition, they did quit.

As for whether they "sniff" the league, I think both have a decent chance, especially Sam. I've been wrong before but, I mean, Jon Freakin' Leuer just completed his 8th NBA season.
ok jon is a legit 6 foot 10. more athletic, better defense. good shooter. I mean come on