[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Twitter Troll tweets of possible Armageddon  (Read 18882 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Twitter Troll tweets of possible Armageddon
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2019, 11:45:45 PM »
Can't be a winner if you're a quitter. Seems the Hausers only want the easy wins.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2019, 11:49:33 PM »
Well stated

Quote from: NorthernDancerColt livnk=topic=58607.msg1124055#msg1124055 date=1555388571
I was never down on Joey or Sam either, until this afternoon. They proclaim to be winners and yet flat-out bailed on their teammates. Leaders work things out with their teammates and coaches. The team was on the verge of a massive breakthrough, and they decided that whom the coach was going to feature or showcase was somehow more important than the team itself. I could understand if these were kids so very close to an NBA career and a coach was limiting their worth going forward. Neither of these kids are going to sniff the league. Sam will forge a great career overseas no matter what his role would’ve been in 2019-2020. I never wish bad things on anyone, as that is just not the way to go through life. However, I won’t miss them one iota.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »
That's pretty harsh, but it's your feelings and I certainly understand them. I have some of them myself. By just about any definition, they did quit.

As for whether they "sniff" the league, I think both have a decent chance, especially Sam. I've been wrong before but, I mean, Jon Freakin' Leuer just completed his 8th NBA season.

The only sentence in my paragraph that I almost deleted was the part about sniffing the NBA. Because I never want to discourage a kid giving his all to be what he truly wants to be.  This is going to sound conflicted, but it’s not....as I said, I wish ill-will on nobody.....but the reason I didn’t delete it is that I hope somehow, just maybe a distant friend or relative of Sam and Joey reads it and passes it on and it fuels them to prove me wrong. I would be happy to learn that Sam was drafted with the 20th pick. I also hope looking back, maybe the next time they want to quit on their Pacers, Spurs, or Hapoel Tel Aviv team, they say Hey, maybe we can work this out first.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
ok jon is a legit 6 foot 10. more athletic, better defense. good shooter. I mean come on

The only thing Leuer has on Sam is 2 inches and length.  Sam is a better shooter, rebounds just as well, better distributor.  Leuer wasn't exceptionally athletic either.  Some of Sam's lack of athleticism perception is cause he wasn't super assertive, off the dribble or otherwise.  Sam can/will have just as good of a Senior year as Leuer.  To act like they are worlds apart is revisionist history

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
Wait a second is Brewcity77 the same guy that runs the brewcity bball website?  Ganzer from Dods sight?

Can we go back to BrewCity being Dodds, please.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »
The only thing Leuer has on Sam is 2 inches and length.  Sam is a better shooter, rebounds just as well, better distributor.  Leuer wasn't exceptionally athletic either.  Some of Sam's lack of athleticism perception is cause he wasn't super assertive, off the dribble or otherwise.  Sam can/will have just as good of a Senior year as Leuer.  To act like they are worlds apart is revisionist history

Guys, I think you’re failing to understand the importance of usage when projecting NBA-ability. Sam’s usage is tiny compared to many NBA guys, and most certainly Leuer. Many worlds apart (this far in Sam’s career)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback