[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Orlando Invitational  (Read 11766 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Orlando Invitational
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2019, 08:49:38 PM »
Oh man! I'm at an odd age right between the even pant sizes I go back and forth between.

Sansabelt, my man.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2019, 09:15:14 PM »
I saw that, Benny, and it's a pretty darn good deal for as intimate an arena as this is. If I was even 60% sure I could go, I'd buy the tickets now.

This. And if you can, get tickets to the Marquette Thanksgiving dinner.  Dinner wit the team, picture opportunities is awesome.
Screw who is in the field. I went to the NIT pre season this year. Hung out with the Hauser's parents and Matt's dad. Long chat with the AD.  Saw the players all the time in the hotel. Glimpses of the walk through.
And there is not a bad seat in the arena.
I was at the Paradise Jam in 2012. Yes, not a great field. But hte championship game against Norfolk State came down to a last second shot. Exciting game even though it shouldn't have been.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2019, 09:22:08 PM »
Buzz Williams has forgotten more about coaching hoops than Wojo will ever have any hope of learning.

This is a hysterically stupid set of words.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2019, 09:34:40 PM »
Sansabelt, my man.

I use Clickbelts. Handy. Only a salad and metamucil for lunch? Click it down a couple. 5 beef and cheddars for lunch? Let some clicks out for that 1:30 to 2:45 nap.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2019, 09:35:09 PM »
Mathematically and scientifically, middle aged is when your waist size is > than your age.  Proven fact.

If so, sweater vests and Untuckits are your future, young mascot.

So when I started at MU at age 17 with a 30 inch waist I was middle aged?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2019, 09:40:38 PM »
So when I started at MU at age 17 with a 30 inch waist I was middle aged?

Thanks for catching me on the error of my ways as this is an important point.  Reverse it.  When waist (30) is greater than your age. 

When was your intersection?  I bet the math works. It's like the rings on a redwood stump.

Footnote:  This equation is only good for grown ass men.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »
Buzz could have the Aggies bouncing back pretty quickly. They aren't losing any players who are top 5 in minutes on the team, just two rotation players. Admon Gilder could also come back. He sat the entire season with a blood clot in his bicep. He led the team in minutes in 17-18 when they were a 7 seed. No defections, add Gilder, plus a grad transfer or poached recruit from VT or two and he could very well have the Aggies dancing in year 1.

Still think on paper the top teams in this tournament will be Marquette, Maryland, and USC. Maryland should return everyone from a 6 seeded team unless they get some surprise defections to the NBA. USC was a trainwreck this season but brings in the number 4 recruiting class in the nation, featuring 2 5-stars. They also just landed a quality grad transfer out of Columbia.

I think they will put the P6 schools against the midamajors in the first round. But I wouldn't be surprised if they set up a Buzz vs. MU rematch in round 2. Get past them and I expect to see Maryland in the Final.

Bruno Fernando is expected back????
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2019, 10:02:39 PM »
This. And if you can, get tickets to the Marquette Thanksgiving dinner.  Dinner wit the team, picture opportunities is awesome.
Screw who is in the field. I went to the NIT pre season this year. Hung out with the Hauser's parents and Matt's dad. Long chat with the AD.  Saw the players all the time in the hotel. Glimpses of the walk through.
And there is not a bad seat in the arena.
I was at the Paradise Jam in 2012. Yes, not a great field. But hte championship game against Norfolk State came down to a last second shot. Exciting game even though it shouldn't have been.

Thanks, pbi.

As Benny said, it's only $25 more if you can't buy early, still a great deal.

Mrs. 82 and I hope to go. Not only do I want to see what should be the best MU team in many years, but these are always fun events. We went to Barclays for the preseason event Henry's year and we had a great time. Getting to hang with several Scoopers was a major plus!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2019, 10:48:57 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
What is the schedule?
Wed/Fri/Sat?

pbiflyer