[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Virginia Tech Fans  (Read 103539 times)

MomofMUltiples

• All American
Re: Virginia Tech Fans
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »
This is such a conundrum for some of you folks on Scoop.  on the one hand, you want Wojo gone.  On the other, you don't want to be a steppingstone to VPI.  I'm really enjoying this...

Personally, if Marquette is withholding a contract extension i don't blame him for jumping for a lot more money.  I also think Marquette will be poorer for the decision.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
I'm hearing things.

Not good.

What?  Wojo's staying?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2019, 08:41:01 PM »
What?  Wojo's staying?

Ziggy, I think, would want Wojo gone. So if he is actually hearing anything, it would be Wojo staying.

...I think

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »
Well I am on record as a non-Wojo fan in favor of him staying.   Stability.  He is getting better.   However if he left I would not shed a tear.   Building what we want though takes the right guy and more than five years.   Not sure Wojo is right.  But if he is we won't have it if he leaves.....

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2019, 08:47:33 PM »
I'm hearing things.

Not good.

lol nice playbook.

Vaguebook.

Enjoy people ascribing insider knowledge.

Profit.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2019, 08:47:37 PM »
What?! Give the job to an assistant coach?? Guru would be pissed if he heard that idea! Small time thinking for sure. We can easily get a major p6 head coach and he would bring in recruits/transfers better than our roster. Jeez.

An assistant??!

jes...you know what?? You are one of the many small time thinkers on this board...and quite frankly it's nauseating. I have seen VERY few that think MU can do better than a Wojo type...I assure you they can...I see names like Wardle etc, and it literally makes me throw up in my mouth...is MU DePaul?? As I said, I have PLENTY of ideas of who I would pursue that are current P6 Coaches that YES would entertain the idea at the very least...but I'm not going to share them because the "small thinking" crowd will just ridicule and say it's not realistic, so why bother??

Worst thing is, I don't think the administration thinks big anymore either..I think they are perfectly content with a program that has good kids, wins some and makes the tournament every couple of years...ya know, mid majorish.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2019, 08:49:19 PM »
jes...you know what?? You are one of the many small time thinkers on this board...and quite frankly it's nauseating. I have seen VERY few that think MU can do better than a Wojo type...I assure you they can...I see names like Wardle etc, and it literally makes me throw up in my mouth...is MU DePaul?? As I said, I have PLENTY of ideas of who I would pursue that are current P6 Coaches that YES would entertain the idea at the very least...but I'm not going to share them because the "small thinking" crowd will just ridicule and say it's not realistic, so why bother??

Worst thing is, I don't think the administration thinks big anymore either..I think they are perfectly content with a program that has good kids, wins some and makes the tournament every couple of years...ya know, mid majorish.
Mud majors make the NCAAs every other year.  What planet are you from?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2019, 08:51:43 PM »

You might have GERD. See your PCP

fjm

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2019, 08:51:52 PM »

Dude. Calling people out for wanting different hires?

You’re not very nice. And you pleaded for people to not post April fools jokes because it’s immature yet here you talking like this.

“Do as I say! Not as I do” -Guru

muguru

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »

Should MU think and act like they are Dayton or DePaul?? That's small time...programs like MU should be in the NCAA's every year(with the every 5 years or so occasional miss depending on circumstances).

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2019, 08:54:52 PM »
This is such a conundrum for some of you folks on Scoop.  on the one hand, you want Wojo gone.  On the other, you don't want to be a steppingstone to VPI.  I'm really enjoying this...

Personally, if Marquette is withholding a contract extension i don't blame him for jumping for a lot more money.  I also think Marquette will be poorer for the decision.

I would applaud the administration for not handing Wojo an extension simply out of fear of losing him. What has he done thats deserving of having his contract extended beyond 2022? I’m not hoping he leaves, but the administration shouldn’t be making decisions out of fear.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2019, 08:56:06 PM »

The posters who think Marquette is too big time for Wojo are going to find the next few weeks very infuriating if this comes to pass.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2019, 09:05:27 PM »
I would applaud the administration for not handing Wojo an extension simply out of fear of losing him. What has he done thats deserving of having his contract extended beyond 2022? I’m not hoping he leaves, but the administration shouldn’t be making decisions out of fear.

Exactly this...absolutely extend him if he has earned it, but has he?? Plus, his contract runs for another 3 years, why the need to extend it now??

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2019, 09:18:36 PM »
Personally, I always get a little worried when Gary, IN is at the  center of my consipiracy theories.

Yeah, I think someone is leaving some soft clues.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »
If Wojo was seriously considering leaving, I doubt 2 things.

1. That Marquette would have released Banquet information with the following statement: "
Please join Head Coach Steve Wojciechowski, the staff and the players as we recognize the 2018-19 Marquette Men’s Basketball team! "

2. That he would have taken the time to film an episode of Inside Marquette Basketball with Koby.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
If Wojo leaves because VA Tech offers him a longer term deal that MU is unwilling to offer, it’s hard to blame the guy for leaving. But why should the administration let Wojo leverage them into extending the contact of a coach they’re unsure about?

Say they offer him a 4-year extension and then Wojo tanks next year. Now they want to can him, but can’t because they’d have to buy out the six years left on his contract.

Either way, we’re about to find out what the administration truly thinks of Wojo.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »
I think this is a home run post, as usual from Ted...IF Wojo left right now, you promote Stan for next year and after that, do a full blown search(or keep Stan if he does good enough). There may be better candidates available next year...no need to rush it, just get the right guy

You lack a lot of common sense in my opinion. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2019, 09:25:18 PM »
Exactly this...absolutely extend him if he has earned it, but has he?? Plus, his contract runs for another 3 years, why the need to extend it now??

Contracts and contract extensions mean very little in this sport.  Just ask Nate Oats, who signed a 5 year extension with a $750,000 buyout as a nice parting gift to Buffalo mere days before he signed with Alabama.   Many schools provide their coaches with a rolling 1-year extension (see Gard, Greg) to make sure the tenure "officially" extend to the graduation year of the class they are recruiting.  You hardly ever hear of someone leaving a school because their contract ran out.  Offer him a small raise but reduce his buyout.  It has no bearing on Marquette's future options with respect to a basketball coach.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
Contracts and contract extensions mean very little in this sport.  Just ask Nate Oats, who signed a 5 year extension with a $750,000 buyout as a nice parting gift to Buffalo mere days before he signed with Alabama.   Many schools provide their coaches with a rolling 1-year extension (see Gard, Greg) to make sure the tenure "officially" extend to the graduation year of the class they are recruiting.  You hardly ever hear of someone leaving a school because their contract ran out.  Offer him a small raise but reduce his buyout.  It has no bearing on Marquette's future options with respect to a basketball coach.

You're right, extensions don't mean anything..we have all seen that many times.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2019, 09:29:22 PM »

Geology University is a middle-earth major.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2019, 09:40:33 PM »
You're right, extensions don't mean anything..we have all seen that many times.

They don’t mean much to the coach if he leaves for a new gig because the new school pays the buyout. They mean a lot to the the current school because they pay a hefty buyout if they fire the coach.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:45:38 PM by Oregon Warrior »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2019, 09:41:02 PM »

I must be right because I am screaming the loudest.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »

Guru: Marquette invests way too much in its basketball program to get these kinds of unsatisfying results.

Also Guru: Marquette thinks too small and would be satisfied as a  mid-major.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2019, 09:51:17 PM »
Should MU think and act like they are Dayton or DePaul?? That's small time...programs like MU should be in the NCAA's every year(with the every 5 years or so occasional miss depending on circumstances).

Weren't you the guy praising Beard up and down? You know what head coaching experience he had before going to Texas Tech -- 4 seasons: 1 at a National Christian Conference (whatever that is) school, 2 at a D2 school and 1 at a mid-major. Was Texas Tech going "small time" with that hire?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Not A Serious Person

• All American
VT fans think that Wojo is going to VT
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »
See this entire thread, including the tweet with all the machinations about flights to Gary Indiana and how that means Wojo is in Blacksburg tonight.

Does this make any sense to you?

https://techlunchpail.com/2019/04/01/rumors-flight-patterns-pointing-buzz-williams-steve-wojciechowski-virginia-tech/
While there is nothing that can be confirmed at this time, the smoke continues to point towards Buzz Williams leaving Virginia Tech for Texas A&M while all of these flights seem unlikely to just be coincidental and point heavily towards Marquette’s Steve Wojciechowski as the leading candidate to replace Williams if he does leave for Texas A&M as expected.

And you thought Wojo deactivated his Twitter account to avoid the anger at losing to Murray State.  You think small!

@MattHetrick
Heard Virginia Tech is looking at Wojo as a possible head coach since it looks like Buzz is headed to Texas A&M... and wouldn’t you know his Twitter seems to have been deactivated. Very interesting indeed. (@steve_wojo)
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.