[Today at 02:06:54 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone Lose Their 1968 Class Ring?  (Read 1502 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Anyone Lose Their 1968 Class Ring?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
Kinda strange that they're having such a hard time, as the thread says there are only two '68 alums with those initials. Probably should just keep calling....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 07:42:14 PM »
Kinda strange that they're having such a hard time, as the thread says there are only two '68 alums with those initials. Probably should just keep calling....

You don't need a diploma to get a class ring.  Maybe the person ended up needing more time to graduate after he bought the ring.  Or maybe he wound up not graduating at all.

Have some patience, FFS.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 04:49:06 AM »
Dear Marquette,

This is Col D. Aida Beaver, USAF and MU alumnus.

I understand you have my class ring which is inscribed with my initials. As your records will indicate, while I was scheduled to be graduated in 68 my demanding extracurricular activities precluded my timely matriculation which pushed me into 69.

Remember, the Vietnam War was raging so I figured why not spend an extra year doing what I genuinely enjoy so I kept my head down, sank my teeth into it, and pressed on for another year at Marquette.

Frankly, I feel the extra year made me a better tactician and so am proud to be a member of the class of 69.

Since I now reside on the west coast I will ask my trusted classmate and fellow Air Force pilot friend, Col Lingus, USAF, MU '69, to stop by the Lost and Found to retrieve my possession.

V/R

Col D. Aida Beaver, USAF

Class of 69

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
You don't need a diploma to get a class ring.  Maybe the person ended up needing more time to graduate after he bought the ring.  Or maybe he wound up not graduating at all.

True. But it strikes me as odd that you'd want a class ring if you weren't reasonably certain that you would graduate in the year listed. I can see an occasional exception...like maybe you get some major illness or injury in your last semester. But that would seem like an awfully small minority of people getting rings.

As you said, it's possible I guess....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »

True. But it strikes me as odd that you'd want a class ring if you weren't reasonably certain that you would graduate in the year listed. I can see an occasional exception...like maybe you get some major illness or injury in your last semester. But that would seem like an awfully small minority of people getting rings.

As you said, it's possible I guess....

I knew a guy who bought his class ring first semester freshman year. A lot of stuff can happen in 4 years.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 06:41:58 PM »
I knew a guy who bought his class ring first semester freshman year. A lot of stuff can happen in 4 years.

Wow - gotta admit I never heard of anyone doing that. The few people I knew who got class rings all ordered them when it was pretty close to certain they'd graduate that year.

If my brother did something like this, he'd have about six rings from a hodgepodge of "passing-through" schools. And it took a LOT more than 4 years....