collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2019 thread  (Read 124322 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: MLB 2019 thread
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2019, 08:26:12 AM »

Yordan is earning local nicknames quickly....the most common has been "Air Yordan".
that must be stuck in my head and ...hence the reference

I am very sorry for my mistake

Tonite his nickname was given a new twist by reversing letters; they're callin him:

ROYdan as in Rookie of the Year

Ah.  Got it.  Sorry! 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #901 on: August 11, 2019, 08:32:13 AM »
His religion has nothing to do with it, snowflake. Tebow is one of the most over-hyped athletes (as a pro) of an entire generation, and his baseball statistics are eye-poppingly bad.

He was a hell of a college football player, great leader at the college level, fine color commentator. He was a terrible NFL quarterback, and he is an even worse hitter. Was I guilty of hyperbole? Perhaps ... but if so I wasn't off by much. I'd be curious to see the names of 3 everyday ballplayers with worse all-around stats this season.

You accused me of "mocking Christians" in another thread, which was a lie. A few Christians here, most notably you, do take cheap shots at the atheist Scoopers constantly, though. There is even one yahoo who constantly wishes them Merry Xmas, believe it or not! But we're not snowflakes, so we don't call y'all out every time -- although we do occasionally point out that we have facts, truth and science on our side.

Have a nice weekend.

Nads, no one here honestly gives 2 chits whether or not you're Jewish, Muslim, Christian, worship frogs, or atheist. But, your incessant need to bring the topic up in every thread borders on pathological insanity. Honestly, it wears on some, and you deserve all the stink that's flies your way.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:29:14 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #902 on: August 11, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »

Nads, no one here honestly gives 2 chits whether or not you're Jewish, Muslim, Christian, worship frogs, or atheist. But, your incessant need to bring the topic up in every thread borders on pathologist insanity. Honestly, it wears on some, and you deserve all the stink that's flies your way.

Exactly.  He is obsessed with him for a reason and the incoming is deserved.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #903 on: August 11, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »
Well time to amend my Saturday enthusiasm for the uniqueness on Yordan Jordan's first 45 game rookie stint

Yordan wears uni no. 44 (like Hank Aaron) but wow.... so does rookie Aristides Aquino of the Reds ...3 hrs Saturday...give him 7 in his first 10 games

How cool would two late call up rookies, both in uni No. 44, having record setting stints through the rest of this season.

How can you not love baseball
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #904 on: August 11, 2019, 10:11:20 AM »

Nads, no one here honestly gives 2 chits whether or not you're Jewish, Muslim, Christian, worship frogs, or atheist. But, your incessant need to bring the topic up in every thread borders on pathologist insanity. Honestly, it wears on some, and you deserve all the stink that's flies your way.

Doc, despite the troll chicos' obsession with me and his feeling a need to pile on to what you said, I believe you were referring not to Tebow but to my discussion of religion.

(I obviously do not bring up Tebow "in every thread." This was the first time I mentioned Tebow in months, it's a baseball thread, and he's a baseball player. Please correct me if I'm wrong about your assertion.)

As for religion (or lack thereof) ... obviously, I do not "bring the topic up in every thread." I know you are using hyperbole, and just suggesting that I bring up religion often. I do not believe that's true. I believe that, just as in this thread, the discussion usually turns to religion because another poster -- in this case, the obsessive troll chicos -- made it a religious discussion.

In my view, the only thing worse than a Christian who tries to beat everybody over their heads with his/her religion is an atheist who tries to beat everybody over their heads with his/her lack of religion. So I don't do it. If you have evidence of me doing otherwise, I will apologize profusely and try not to repeat it.

Now, if I or one of the other Scoop atheists are in a discussion about, say, Wojo, and an instigator says something out of the blue like, "Yeah, but what else are we to expect from an atheist? Thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas. Bless you. I'll pray for you." ... I guess we're supposed to just ignore the obvious attempts to shame us or bully us for being nonbelievers, aina?

Doc, I know you like to needle me, and that's OK because I usually like our give and take. But I do respect you, and I sincerely would like hearing your thoughts on the above.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #905 on: August 11, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
don't write-off keston hiura just yet.  the little guy is popping em out.  14 hr with 200 at bats.  hitting 305 w/32 rbi's  the fielding will come

just an fyi, i got the chance to meet him briefly at the brewers last spring game at surprise stadium where they played the rangers
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #906 on: August 11, 2019, 10:55:31 AM »
He is obsessed with him

Prove it.

I just did a search on MU82 and Tebow. This is the first time I even mentioned him since a January thread that somebody else started about Tebow. Before that, it was March 2018. Before that, it was October 2017, again a very brief response to somebody else. Before that ...

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=search2

I have been a Scooper for 8 years. I have participated in 10 threads in which Tebow was mentioned, and most of the time I was just responding to somebody else.

The only obsession is the strange one you have with me.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #907 on: August 11, 2019, 11:36:16 AM »
Prove it.

I just did a search on MU82 and Tebow. This is the first time I even mentioned him since a January thread that somebody else started about Tebow. Before that, it was March 2018. Before that, it was October 2017, again a very brief response to somebody else. Before that ...

I have been a Scooper for 8 years. I have participated in 10 threads in which Tebow was mentioned, and most of the time I was just responding to somebody else.

Merry christmas!  ;D You won the argument, now can you both bugger off so we can have actual discussions and not hissy fits?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #908 on: August 11, 2019, 12:19:26 PM »
don't write-off keston hiura just yet.  the little guy is popping em out.  14 hr with 200 at bats.  hitting 305 w/32 rbi's  the fielding will come

The juiced ball era is having a really weird effect on guys with + hit skills but that didn't project to be huge power guys.  Some have been slightly tweaking their launch angles, and the juiced ball is helping some of them sneak out an extra 12 HRs per season.  Hiura is one of those guys, Ketel Marte, Ramon Laureano, and maybe Gleyber Torres are some others.  All of a sudden, they look like borderline stars. 

Others of those + hit skill guys aren't experiencing the same power bump (probably because they're more line drive guys who are having a hard time adjusting their launch angles or are hesitant to try) and they're sort of in no man's land.  I'd put guys like Benintendi and Castellanos in that category.

Its going to be a really interesting next year or two depending on what MLB does with the ball. If you're coaching young players now, do you tell them to go for broke and sell their soul to trade 35 points in batting average for 10-15 HRs? Or do you stay patient, trust MLB will go back to the old ball, and that toolsy gap hitters will be more valuable again?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #909 on: August 11, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »
Exactly.  He is obsessed with him for a reason and the incoming is deserved.
That's right, Chicos, get yet another thread shut down because you are a whiny little unnatural carnal knowledgeing toxic snowflake.

82 points out how bad Tebow is and you have to turn it into another of your political pissing matches.  Just go the unnatural carnal knowledge away.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #910 on: August 11, 2019, 12:46:42 PM »

As a long-time scooper who likes both of you, the obsession seems very, very mutual.  I often wish the two of you would just put each other on ignore -- or better yet, just ignore each other.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #911 on: August 11, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »
The juiced ball era is having a really weird effect on guys with + hit skills but that didn't project to be huge power guys.  Some have been slightly tweaking their launch angles, and the juiced ball is helping some of them sneak out an extra 12 HRs per season.  Hiura is one of those guys, Ketel Marte, Ramon Laureano, and maybe Gleyber Torres are some others.  All of a sudden, they look like borderline stars. 

Others of those + hit skill guys aren't experiencing the same power bump (probably because they're more line drive guys who are having a hard time adjusting their launch angles or are hesitant to try) and they're sort of in no man's land.  I'd put guys like Benintendi and Castellanos in that category.

Its going to be a really interesting next year or two depending on what MLB does with the ball. If you're coaching young players now, do you tell them to go for broke and sell their soul to trade 35 points in batting average for 10-15 HRs? Or do you stay patient, trust MLB will go back to the old ball, and that toolsy gap hitters will be more valuable again?

The old ball is never coming back

MU82

• All American
« Reply #912 on: August 11, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »
Merry christmas!  ;D You won the argument, now can you both bugger off so we can have actual discussions and not hissy fits?

As a long-time scooper who likes both of you, the obsession seems very, very mutual.  I often wish the two of you would just put each other on ignore -- or better yet, just ignore each other.

Both of these are very fair points, and I apologize for my role in it all.

Unless he impugns my integrity, and thereby demands a response, I will try extremely hard to ignore him in the future.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #913 on: August 11, 2019, 03:58:11 PM »
Tough one for the Crew today. Lyles has looked good being back in MKE.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #914 on: August 11, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
The old ball is never coming back

This is true. Wish it would but the new ball makes it exciting
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:56:29 PM by #UnleashCain »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #915 on: August 11, 2019, 04:10:36 PM »
This is true. Wish it would but the jew ball makes it exciting

Because it’s like Hanukkah and gives us lots of gifts?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #916 on: August 11, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »
Because it’s like Hanukkah and gives us lots of gifts?

Welllllll the j and N are very close to each other

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #917 on: August 11, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
Prove it.

Just like you lied yesterday saying it has been months since you made a political statement....what was your point of thoughts and prayers just a few days ago....totally political.  Stop the lying.

You've participated in at least 15 threads, not 10...lie number 2 from you.  Of course many of them laced with your political takes, some with religious.  That was a cursory search, if I wanted to really get into it there would be more than 16.

1)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58495.msg1148467#msg1148467

2)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54934.msg1005554#msg1005554

3)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44588.msg643635#msg643635

4)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=57539.msg1079412#msg1079412

5)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54503.msg956227#msg956227

6)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=51052.msg941539#msg941539

7)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54230.msg926882#msg926882

8)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=57450.msg1079733#msg1079733

9)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48518.msg755495#msg755495

10) https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=53735.msg932445#msg932445

11)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44487.msg640165#msg640165

12)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39352.msg523634#msg523634

13)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=53102.msg886591#msg886591

14)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=40164.msg524333#msg524333

15)  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=36640.msg460965#msg460965

Weren't you a baseball HOF voter?  Don't you have access to stats, including minor league stats?  Care to walk back your nonsense about him being arguably the worst hitter in all of organized ball, and "DEFINITELY" in the top two levels of baseball.  So in the top 2 levels he is DEFINITELY the worst in baseball, despite last year doing quite well in AA and getting promoted...remember when you were praising him for that...oh wait...you didn't.  But definitely (your words) the worst in baseball top two levels (which last I checked was the majors and AAA) and arguably all of organized ball....hmm, so rookie ball, A, AA...that's your claim as a former sports journalist and HOF voter.  Wow.   For anyone to make that kind of statement they are either sauced, really old, or have a bias....or were just patently wrong and obsessed with someone they don't care for an purposely made an absurd comment. For you, which one was it?

Would you like my subscription to Rotowire Minor League stats so you can walk back your statement, every single word of your statement?  Happy to share it with you.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:39:13 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #918 on: August 11, 2019, 05:32:27 PM »
Please. Stop.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #919 on: August 11, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »
Please. Stop.

+1

Both of you just need to take a break. Make it voluntary.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #920 on: August 11, 2019, 05:46:30 PM »
Agree 100%. He's just not good at baseball.

In AA last year he hit .273 with an OPS of .734.  Not great, not bad either. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #921 on: August 11, 2019, 05:56:42 PM »
Trout went yard yesterday against the Red Sox, the last AL ballpark he had not hit a home run in which is kind of weird since you wouldn't expect it to be Fenway.

Players active that have hit a HR in every active park?

Pujols

Anyone else? 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #922 on: August 11, 2019, 05:59:06 PM »
Is Ryu going to be a unanimous choice as Cy Young winner? If not, should there be a unanimous choice ever?

Certainly, the best season by any pitcher since Pedro back in 2000 or 2001 (I forget which one was the super year).

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #923 on: August 11, 2019, 06:24:01 PM »
Trout went yard yesterday against the Red Sox, the last AL ballpark he had not hit a home run in which is kind of weird since you wouldn't expect it to be Fenway.

Pujols

Anyone else?

I have a scar on my hand from punching someone like you at a bar. I'd be willing to take a 2nd one if this were a bar.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #924 on: August 11, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »

Pujols

Anyone else?

Wow. And they're on the same team??? Bet they have lots of WS rings since they joined forces. Or at least ALCS rings. Or playoff victories. Zero, you say? Total futility? Imagine that.