[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2019 thread  (Read 124257 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2019 thread
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2019, 12:04:15 PM »
thought this stuff doesn’t happen at wrigley so it has to be the brewers fans that cause it at wrigley north.

https://www.instagram.com/barstoolchicago/p/Bv7TQTSl2NX/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=bqtbtwbq79oq

And this is why it becomes “Wrigley Field North.” I can either sell my tickets for 2-3 times what I bought them for and watch the game on TV or I can go sit around a bunch of obnoxious, belligerent Chicago sports fans and watch them start fights. Tough choice!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
And this is why it becomes “Wrigley Field North.” I can either sell my tickets for 2-3 times what I bought them for and watch the game on TV or I can go sit around a bunch of obnoxious, belligerent Chicago sports fans and watch them start fights. Tough choice!

I think the dump on Addison should be called Miller Park South instead.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2019, 06:45:14 PM »

I think the dump on Addison should be called Miller Park South instead.

That's our dump and would not trade it for any other.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2019, 08:29:05 PM »

The irony. Wisconsin has the most toxic sports fans in the states.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2019, 09:16:07 PM »

Lol. I’ve never heard anything but great things by opposing fans about their experiences at Lambeau. Never heard anything bad happening at Bucks games. And only issues I’ve heard about at Miller Park are Cubs fans beating each other up.

Super toxic though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2019, 09:28:57 PM »
thought this stuff doesn’t happen at wrigley so it has to be the brewers fans that cause it at wrigley north.

https://www.instagram.com/barstoolchicago/p/Bv7TQTSl2NX/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=bqtbtwbq79oq

Take a closer look.   Almost all of the people in that video are wearing royal blue and red.

And this doesn't happen at Wrigley because the riff-raff (from both sides) can't afford to get drunk at Wrigley.  There's no parking lot for easy drunkenness via tail-gating, it costs 1.5x to 2x as much to get in the door, and beer inside is at least as expensive if not more.

Cubs-Brewers at Miller brings out the worst in both sides.  It's unlikely I (Brewer fan) will ever go again.  I'd rather go to Cubs-Brewers at Wrigley, other than the cost of the tickets. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »

No, not even close. Even without pointing a finger back at Chicago, there's Philly, Detroit, LA, Dallas, New York, and Boston fans that are much higher on the list.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2019, 10:48:50 PM »
Lol. I’ve never heard anything but great things by opposing fans about their experiences at Lambeau. Never heard anything bad happening at Bucks games. And only issues I’ve heard about at Miller Park are Cubs fans beating each other up.

Super toxic though.

https://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-teams-with-the-most-fan-arrests/
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2016/10/16/four-arrested-21-ejected-during-packers-game/92224526/
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2018/09/30/green-bay-packers-buffalo-bills-game-lambeau-field-yields-one-arrest-13-ejections-4-hospital/1483119002/

From 7 seconds of searching, guess how much you'll find at miller alone.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2019, 11:54:47 PM »
Some Brewers fans were terrible to Dodgers fans in the NLCS last year. Other than that I haven't really seen any incidents and I'm typically at 30+ games per year.

That's not to say the Brewers have role model fans. I think 90% there know nothing about baseball and just want to be drunk at the game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2019, 12:04:05 AM »
So Unleash said this....

And then quoted this as proof....

https://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-teams-with-the-most-fan-arrests/

Is #15 the same as "most"?

And guess who was sitting two spots higher?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:05:49 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
As is always the case, alcohol fuels the problem.  Folks that can be civil out in the parking lot 2 hours before the game can become problems by the late innings.

I, too, typically dislike games when the Cubs are in town.  But I understand the allure.  A trip to Miller Park on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon is a fantastic way to see their ball club play.  We had a good time yesterday and everyone we directly interacted with were nice folks, as you should be when visiting.  Be a good host; be a good guest too.

And to think that politicians lost their job 25 years ago for voting for the SE WI sales tax to pay for that amazing stadium.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
I don’t know if I’m joking or not, but I can’t figure out if the Cubs are intentionally trying to offend as many people as possible this year, or if it’s just constant coincidences.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2019, 02:12:52 PM »
When you walk the #8 hitter to get to Jon Lester in the 2nd inning karma isn't in your favor.  Lester made 'em pay.  And the Pirates have collapsed.  Wow.  Happy for all my Cubs friends on opening day.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »
Kinda bummed Nats-Orioles don't meet until July.  Was really looking forward to that matchup of Trevor Rosenthal (7 earned runs and zero of 9 batters retired in 4 appearances) versus Chris Davis (0 for 44 dating to last year.)

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »
When you walk the #8 hitter to get to Jon Lester in the 2nd inning karma isn't in your favor.  Lester made 'em pay.  And the Pirates have collapsed.  Wow.  Happy for all my Cubs friends on opening day.

A bit presumptuous based on their bullpen (freely admitting you can say the same about the Brewers sans Hader).

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2019, 03:36:15 PM »
Kinda bummed Nats-Orioles don't meet until July.  Was really looking forward to that matchup of Trevor Rosenthal (7 earned runs and zero of 9 batters retired in 4 appearances) versus Chris Davis (0 for 44 dating to last year.)

The most likely outcome feels like a Chris Davis single, thrown out trying to advance to 2nd.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2019, 03:52:19 PM »
A bit presumptuous based on their bullpen (freely admitting you can say the same about the Brewers sans Hader).

Ha.  I think they might just hang on today.  Nip and tuck at 10-0!!   :)

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »

Has anyone so gratuitously underperformed a non-rookie contract without injuries being a big part of that? I'm sure there are some examples but I can't think of anyone that compares offhand.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2019, 04:03:04 PM »
The Os just have to buy Davis out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2019, 06:43:20 PM »
The Trump administration scuttled Major League Baseball's historic agreement with the Cuban Baseball Federation, arguing that the sport's governing body is part of the Cuban government and that the agreement violates United States trade law.

IOW, no more signing players from Cuba. Players will have to defect to another country before they can be signed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2019, 06:58:38 PM »
The Trump administration scuttled Major League Baseball's historic agreement with the Cuban Baseball Federation, arguing that the sport's governing body is part of the Cuban government and that the agreement violates United States trade law.

IOW, no more signing players from Cuba. Players will have to defect to another country before they can be signed.

No comment.

No comment necessary.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2019, 09:03:43 PM »
No comment.

No comment necessary.

It so hard to bite one's tongue when it comes to WPE.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2019, 09:10:21 PM »

I thought this was a joke about Cuban baseball players at first.  But then I remembered Cubans never stay at first.... they always stretch it into a double. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2019, 12:25:54 AM »
Light up the halo
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback