[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2019 thread  (Read 123719 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: MLB 2019 thread
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2019, 10:07:19 AM »
I find it funny that the guy claiming that fans who use gifs in their posts are acting like teenagers, turns around and uses the phrase "chubs."

To be fair, it's "chubz" with a "z".   ::)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2019, 08:20:34 PM »
you are right. i shouldve said based on how many gifs are being posted. if it looks like a it might be a group text message between a bunch of 15 year old girls the chubz are hot.

when your posting tendencies are similar to that of crash’s you know youre doing it wrong.

What's a pissing match without some pissing?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2019, 09:45:34 PM »
You are literally too stupid to insult.

Most of these posts were in jest to the Cards fan that posted before the series started.

Please, share your "rules" for us Cubs fans about when it's ok for us to post. I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

Wait, I thought the Cardinals fans were the arbiters of MLB rules?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2019, 09:01:04 AM »
Wait, I thought the Cardinals fans were the arbiters of MLB rules?

They are clearly the best fans in baseball but I wasn't sure they had domain over MUScoop. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2019, 08:32:12 PM »
By WAR, the two best catchers in baseball both play in Chicago.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2019, 09:09:25 PM »
By WAR, the two best catchers in baseball both play in Chicago.

And the dumbest relievers  :-\

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2019, 11:12:34 PM »
And the dumbest relievers  :-\

Was at the game last night watching Ryan's brain freeze. Unreal but I give him credit for owning it after the game. Just a really poorly played game all around.

KB looks like he's back now.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2019, 11:13:56 PM »
They are clearly the best fans in baseball but I wasn't sure they had domain over MUScoop.

We are and we do! LOL.

Love the back and forth with the local Cubs fans. Not a good weekend but fortunately, this is NOT the NFL!

See you in St. Louis,  Cubbies. And get that bird some fiber!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2019, 01:20:44 AM »
We are and we do! LOL.

Love the back and forth with the local Cubs fans. Not a good weekend but fortunately, this is NOT the NFL!

See you in St. Louis,  Cubbies. And get that bird some fiber!

That's Chubbzies to you!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »
Addison Russell being called up.  I'll be curious about the fan reception.  Hopefully no ovations of any kind are forthcoming. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »
Addison Russell being called up.  I'll be curious about the fan reception.  Hopefully no ovations of any kind are forthcoming.

Hate it.  Let some other team be a reclamation savior.  I understand Theo's point about getting him help, assistance, whatever through the channels they can control, but this just is a bad look.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
Hate it.  Let some other team be a reclamation savior.  I understand Theo's point about getting him help, assistance, whatever through the channels they can control, but this just is a bad look.

It has nothing to do with that.  The guy is better at baseball than the guys they have on the MLB roster.  It's as simple as that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »

I don't disagree with you.  Does his ex-wife supporting the Cubs decision have any impact on your view? 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »

comparing a guy who had inappropriate song lyric tweets from 7 years prior outed the second he's on the biggest stage of his career to the adult male who beats women.  thats one hell of a comparison.

cubs fans.  nothing better.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2019, 03:16:51 PM »
comparing a guy who had inappropriate song lyric tweets from 7 years prior outed the second he's on the biggest stage of his career to the adult male who beats women.  thats one hell of a comparison.

cubs fans.  nothing better.

Did I mention your racist homophobe anywhere in my post? 

Seek help, clown. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2019, 03:37:26 PM »
I don't disagree with you.  Does his ex-wife supporting the Cubs decision have any impact on your view? 

No.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2019, 04:05:28 PM »
Did I mention your racist homophobe anywhere in my post? 

I assumed this:

Hopefully no ovations of any kind are forthcoming. 

Was a callback to the conversation that happened last season about Brewers' fans giving Hader a standing ovation in his first appearance after his racist/homophobic tweets surfaced during the All Star game and whether or not Cubs' fans would have done the same thing if it happened to one of their players.

Was my assumption wrong?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2019, 04:10:40 PM »
I assumed this:

Was a callback to the conversation that happened last season about Brewers' fans giving Hader a standing ovation in his first appearance after his racist/homophobic tweets surfaced during the All Star game and whether or not Cubs' fans would have done the same thing if it happened to one of their players.

Was my assumption wrong?

I have heard a lot of discussion about Cubs fans welcoming Chapman with a standing "o" when he first pitched at Wrigley.  I assumed that was what was being referenced.

"How will Addison Russell be treated when he returns" has been discussed ad nauseam by Chicago SportsTalk and papers all off-season.  I honestly haven't heard Hader referenced.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:14:52 PM by WI inferiority Complexes »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

Not especially.  I applaud her maturity and seems that she's moved on.  But I have no desire to see him in uniform again.

I have heard a lot of discussion about Cubs fans welcoming Chapman with a standing "o" when he first pitched at Wrigley.  I assumed that was what was being referenced.

"How will Addison Russell be treated when he returns" has been discussed ad nauseam by Chicago SportsTalk and papers all off-season.  I honestly haven't heard Hader referenced.

Yup.  Tons of people were up in arms about Chapman, understandably, and the excitement for his arrival despite his checkered history.  This is just another sticky situation to deal with and you hope fans don't treat him like he's a returning hero.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2019, 04:43:23 PM »
I assumed this:

Was my assumption wrong?

It was a just a general comment about how teams have welcomed or welcomed back players that have done bad things.  I was thinking of Chapman in this instance as I didn't recall him receiving an ovation from Cubs fans at his first game when he in fact did.  I remembered that incorrectly and hope Russell is not greeted in the same way. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2019, 04:49:26 PM »
I came to say this thread is about to become spicy. But it was already spicy when I arrived.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »
I'm all for second chances, but the passing of time and evolution of human character (insofar as you believe in that sort of thing) makes the Hader and Russell situations. And when you get second chances, that's great - hope you take advantage, but let's not make this a personal redemption story or something you 'overcame'. Both fan bases were/would be/will be wrong to give an ovation to that.

Same deal as Tiger Woods - you can be amazed by him overcoming all of the injuries, surgeries, uncertainty if he'd ever play again, but as soon as you lump his personal shortcomings into the triumph, you're doing it wrong.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2019, 06:03:28 PM »
I'm all for second chances, but the passing of time and evolution of human character (insofar as you believe in that sort of thing) makes the Hader and Russell situations. And when you get second chances, that's great - hope you take advantage, but let's not make this a personal redemption story or something you 'overcame'. Both fan bases were/would be/will be wrong to give an ovation to that.

Same deal as Tiger Woods - you can be amazed by him overcoming all of the injuries, surgeries, uncertainty if he'd ever play again, but as soon as you lump his personal shortcomings into the triumph, you're doing it wrong.

Russell's interviews since his original press conference, which was obviously heavily scripted, have left a lot to be desired. Too often he's framed it as something he's overcoming, which I hate.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2019, 06:08:51 PM »
It has nothing to do with that.  The guy is better at baseball than the guys they have on the MLB roster.  It's as simple as that.

Wades is usually dumb as a doorknob, but today he said something correct.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2019, 06:19:21 PM »

Wow. That is pretty sad. He is Jose Iglesias with a touch more power. In other words, a well below average hitter who plays nice defense.