[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Should Wojo Be Fired

Fire Wojo
Keep Wojo

Author Topic: Poll:Let’s stop beating around the bush  (Read 25447 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Poll:Let’s stop beating around the bush
« on: March 24, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »
Too much beating around the bush and hypothetical around the the Wojo retention issue.

If it was your decision should MU fire Wojo now or retain him.

Slurpers and Haters here is the chance to express your view.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:56:49 PM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Poll:Let’s stop beating around the bush
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 06:48:01 PM »
Herman, enjoy your stuff.  You have said you want Wojo gone, Stan to take over. You also said the other day Wojo throws kids under the bus.  You may be right, but are there examples of this?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
Nsh... after all he has the program trending upward, as shown by the stretch run. And he should not be fired, because he runs a clean program, and because his first 5 years at MU was better than Coach ks and Wrights. And because we would have to go  through another rebuild. Snd because we are deathly afraid that we could not find another good coach because nobody would come after firing a 5 seed. And because Wojo has the Duke pedigree. And because we will be real good next year.
And because our resources are not good enough to attract a big time guy. For all these reasons and many more we should retain mediocrity and really, really hope that we will dance deep next year.

I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 07:52:23 PM »
Nsh... after all he has the program trending upward, as shown by the stretch run. And he should not be fired, because he runs a clean program, and because his first 5 years at MU was better than Coach ks and Wrights. And because we would have to go  through another rebuild. Snd because we are deathly afraid that we could not find another good coach because nobody would come after firing a 5 seed. And because Wojo has the Duke pedigree. And because we will be real good next year.
And because our resources are not good enough to attract a big time guy. For all these reasons and many more we should retain mediocrity and really, really hope that we will dance deep next year.

Hmmmm. Still better than bleacher report.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »
Herman, enjoy your stuff.  You have said you want Wojo gone, Stan to take over. You also said the other day Wojo throws kids under the bus.  You may be right, but are there examples of this?
Really?  Wasn't Herman the guy that made up BS about a recruiting visit and then got called out by Big Daddy?  I guess you guys just run in the same circles.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 08:01:38 PM »
Really?  Wasn't Herman the guy that made up BS about a recruiting visit and then got called out by Big Daddy?  I guess you guys just run in the same circles.

I would think throwing someone under the bus, which is normally a public thing, would be easy to quantify.  I may have missed it and that is why I am asking.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

connie

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 08:11:40 PM »
Not happy, but I think Marcus was a bit more injured than we know down the stretch, so a reprieve.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 08:15:47 PM »
Ners/Floorslapper has written many treatises on the bus subject .  I would collegiality refer you to those for more detail. To save time I will stipulate in advance that I fully agree with those treatises.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »
I just want to be on record as voting to keep Wojo.

I also think the posters here asking for his firing are hurting recruiting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 11:06:04 PM by bilsu »

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 08:22:39 PM »
I was torn about which bad choice to make.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 08:22:46 PM »
What the hell has Stan done? I have no idea on the love affair some on here have about him. If he was a top guy, he would be getting courted by decent programs.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 08:23:06 PM »
Ners/Floorslapper has written many treatises on the bus subject .  I would collegiality refer you to those for more detail. To save time I will stipulate in advance that I fully agree with those treatises.

I honestly don't recall them, but not sure Ners would be my go to for information on MU's current team situation....but he can dunk the crap out of a ball in high school I hear.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 08:28:01 PM »
What the hell has Stan done? I have no idea on the love affair some on here have about him. If he was a top guy, he would be getting courted by decent programs.

Good recruiter, has a great background story coming over from Liberia.  Former player, wonderful communicator.  I like Stan a lot, but would be hesitant to give the reigns to him. You bring up a good point, but he was mentioned for Fresno State job last year and perhaps others?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 08:29:38 PM »
Not happy, but I think Marcus was a bit more injured than we know down the stretch, so a reprieve.

Others said that, along with Sam’s hip and the true more significant injury reports would come out after season.  Still waiting. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 08:32:19 PM »
Cheeks
I know his resume, but the hell has he done? Who is knocking down his door at the moment. And we have guys on here wanting to give him the keys. I give up!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 08:48:35 PM »
Cheeks
I know his resume, but the hell has he done? Who is knocking down his door at the moment. And we have guys on here wanting to give him the keys. I give up!!

You’re in on Tony Bennett, Kelvin Sampson, and...I forget who the third guy on the list was.

Maybe you should give up if that’s who you start your list at. Those guys will never be the coach of Marquette.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 09:08:54 PM »
Future SAT question :
Crean is to Buzz as Wojo is to :____
A. Stan
B. Etc
C. Etc
                       ---Al McGuire

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
You’re in on Tony Bennett, Kelvin Sampson, and...I forget who the third guy on the list was.

Maybe you should give up if that’s who you start your list at. Those guys will never be the coach of Marquette.

Sigh. Ok, fine then, Coach K.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »
Interesting results. I guess we have a vocal minority.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 10:56:39 PM »

Some might even call that a blowout

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 10:59:51 PM »
Future SAT question :
Crean is to Buzz as Wojo is to :____
A. Stan
B. Etc
C. Etc

Is Lori Laughlin hiring someone to take this for me?

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 11:04:42 PM »

I voted keep.

That said, I have major concerns on Wojo and I am pessimistic he will do anything of note here. I'm sure others that voted that way share similar doubts.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 11:52:28 PM »
Cheeks

Stan might end up being a fine option. I'd rather see him prove it in the Mountain West, MVC, or anywhere else first. I know Buzz was Crean's assistant, but that was a unique situation & he wasn't the first choice anyway.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 12:17:58 AM »
I voted keep.

That said, I have major concerns on Wojo and I am pessimistic he will do anything of note here. I'm sure others that voted that way share similar doubts.

Yep and yep.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 12:23:35 AM »
Yep and yep.

Fair and reasoned and agree.

I also voted keep, as long as trajectory is north then I am good, but doesn’t mean he is locked in forever.  For those that want him gone, I need a more solid plan than simply “I deserve better and he needs to go because I have season tickets”.  Who are you hiring and why are they coming here, why will they do better.  Sell me on it.

feedback