Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Excuses Thread  (Read 9754 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Wojo Excuses Thread
« on: March 21, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »
Pretty clear that Wojo just got game planned off the floor, out of the gym, and onto the bus by a random guy from the Ohio Valley Conference. But I’d like to get thoughts from those still defending Wojo on why this loss had nothing to do with him.... or the BET... or the end of the regular season... or the last 5 seasons in general.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
Re: Wojo Excuses Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 05:53:54 PM »
Because hes a “stand up guy”.  With a good heart and a good pedigree. 

Buzz for all his faults could squeeze a lot out of some juco transfers.  I miss buzz

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »
Yeah, not a good look for the coaching staff today. I don’t think we should blow up next years team by replacing him this offseason, but unless there’s a great season next year he may need to go

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »
Everything was bad today, including the coaching staff. Lotta work to do this offseason.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 06:08:53 PM »
Well if the Wojo bashers get to ignore the first 27 games of the season wouldn’t the slurpers get to ignore the final 7 games of the season? Or does is that just a one way street?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 06:10:37 PM »
He runs a clean program, but so does Roy Williams  >:(

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »
Nm
No Finish Line

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »
Well if the Wojo bashers get to ignore the first 27 games of the season wouldn’t the slurpers get to ignore the final 7 games of the season? Or does is that just a one way street?
I mean if you look at the season or his tenure as a whole, it’s objectively been full of underachievement and disappointment. Culminating today.  The high point of his tenure was a 7 game run through a painfully mediocre Big East.  And we didn’t even win the Big East at the end of the day.  I’ll gladly analyze entire years or Wojo’s whole tenure - doesn’t change my opinion of him at all.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 06:17:19 PM »

Are you ignoring 0 NCAA wins in five years too?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 06:19:03 PM »
Are you ignoring 0 NCAA wins in five years too?

Oh. When the poster was talking about how we can excuse the last 7 games of the season I figured we were talking this season, not our NCAA Tournament success in the last 5 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 06:21:07 PM »
Oh. When the poster was talking about how we can excuse the last 7 games of the season I figured we were talking this season, not our NCAA Tournament success in the last 5 years.
This season wasn’t at all impressive. It’s no type of feather in Wojo’s cap.  We were massively overrated in the middle of the season after a strong stretch through some very down Big East teams.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »
Yeah, not a good look for the coaching staff today. I don’t think we should blow up next years team by replacing him this offseason, but unless there’s a great season next year he may need to go

This is where everyone's head should be. 

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 06:24:26 PM »
Top 10-15 recruiting class in 2015 just graduated, top 20ish 2016 class has one year left.

Not a single NCAA tourney win to show for it.  Does Wojo need nothing but 5 stars in order to win??

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »

not about how you start, about how you finish. end of season performance is way more important, to think otherwise is comical

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »
Wojo can go anytime.

MS totally more athletic - who is that on?

MU game plan totally pathetic - who is that?

MS superstar with a zillion assists and makes teammates better, MU superstar plays hero ball - who is that on?

MU totally crapped their pants down the stretch with the BE title in sight - who is that on?

This team won a lot of close games against the crappy big east.  They caught Louisville, Bucky and k-state when they were down.

They started almost every game slow.   They started almost every 2nd half poorly.

This team’s record is a fraud - it’s on Wojo.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 06:31:28 PM »
This is where everyone's head should be.

But in many ways, this is the actual perfect time to do it if you’re the AD and you really believe Wojo isn’t the real deal. Gives the new coach a strong roster coming in similar to what Buzz had to build momentum.

All you do is waste years and money keeping on a guy who did “good enough” to stay employed. If you know Wojo isn’t the guy, you should not wait around to let him go.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 06:32:02 PM »
Enough already.

Fire the sonuvabitch!

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »
But in many ways, this is the actual perfect time to do it if you’re the AD and you really believe Wojo isn’t the real deal. Gives the new coach a strong roster coming in similar to what Buzz had to build momentum.

All you do is waste years and money keeping on a guy who did “good enough” to stay employed. If you know Wojo isn’t the guy, you should not wait around to let him go.

I agree with this "cold" take.  Now is the time to replace Wojo.  There remain some seniors (whether Howard leaves or Joey leaves after a Wojo termination, who knows?), but there is something to build upon for 2020 and beyond.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »

Yeah it’s really the beginning of the season that matters most. That’s where coaches really shine.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 06:36:42 PM »
anyone hear what excuses wojo came up with after the game?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »
Top 10-15 recruiting class in 2015 just graduated, top 20ish 2016 class has one year left.

Not a single NCAA tourney win to show for it.  Does Wojo need nothing but 5 stars in order to win??

I would guess that with exception of Morant, all the other players were two stars from Rivals.  Moran was a two, until he imploded his senior year.

Some stated that Markus and Sam were injured and the true facts about the injuries will come out after the tournament.  Looking forward to seeing that. That would be a good Wojo excuse. 

Markus in last two games:

10 for 42 from the field.  23%
5 for 23 from three point 21%

That does not help Wojo's cause either. 

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »
Wojo can go anytime.

MS totally more athletic - who is that on?

MU game plan totally pathetic - who is that?

MS superstar with a zillion assists and makes teammates better, MU superstar plays hero ball - who is that on?

MU totally crapped their pants down the stretch with the BE title in sight - who is that on?

This team won a lot of close games against the crappy big east.  They caught Louisville, Bucky and k-state when they were down.

They started almost every game slow.   They started almost every 2nd half poorly.

This team’s record is a fraud - it’s on Wojo.

Preach homeboy!  Well said.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 06:45:48 PM »
anyone hear what excuses wojo came up with after the game?

I watched it. Said Murray State is an outstanding team.

One guy said to Wojo...”you have a shooting guard sitting next to you, etc etc”. Should have seen the look on Howard’s face lol

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 06:47:24 PM »
Pretty clear that Wojo just got game planned off the floor, out of the gym, and onto the bus by a random guy from the Ohio Valley Conference. But I’d like to get thoughts from those still defending Wojo on why this loss had nothing to do with him.... or the BET... or the end of the regular season... or the last 5 seasons in general.

I’ll hang up and listen.
You will get 1, 2, or any combination of the following:
1. A steaming pile of bull crap
2. Crickets
3. More excuses
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 06:48:35 PM »
Now that is really piss poor.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback