[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo’s replacement.  (Read 56844 times)

1SE

• All American
Re: Wojo’s replacement.
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 05:55:31 PM »
I know for sure you were a holdout on the Wojo bandwagon along with skianth and myself (and some others) and we all took a lot of sh*t for it. He still hasn’t proven anything of his worth. Them’s the facts

Yeah, I thought we had turned a corner this year, but clearly that was the exception to the rule.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 05:57:06 PM »
Put lavin in there at this point who cares.  Wojo is not a winner

For all the supporters. What is your final straw?   Two more winless tourney appearances?   Miss the tourney next year????   Recruiting violation????

Where does it end and why not now

Simple.  We are back in the tournament, will be again next year.  I expect to be better next year. 

Final straw is when we don’t go to the NCAAs multiple years or NCAA violations.  Until then, looking forward to next year since no one has any real alternatives and just wants to pout today.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »
Simple.  We are back in the tournament, will be again next year.  I expect to be better next year. 

Final straw is when we don’t go to the NCAAs multiple years or NCAA violations.  Until then, looking forward to next year since no one has any real alternatives and just wants to pout today.

Were 0-2 in the past 5 years. What more do you want?

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 05:58:47 PM »
On a side note why the hell was the band playing ring out ahoya at the buzzer.   The losing team on a neutral court should go out with a whimper.   

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
They’ll be back in the tournament again next year. Don’t think MU gets rid of a coach who has made tourney 3/4 years. Think he has at least two more years here.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 06:00:28 PM »

Unleash, both Cain and Heldt were DNPs (or did they get in at the end, I stopped paying attention). What a great way to sent off your tear-inducing senior. WTF.

That 2nd half was the worst coached POS I've ever seen.

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 06:00:49 PM »
They’ll be back in the tournament again next year. Don’t think MU gets rid of a coach who has made tourney 3/4 years. Think he has at least two more years here.

Depends on his recruiting class for 2020 in all honesty

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
Unleash, both Cain and Heldt were DNPs (or did they get in at the end, I stopped paying attention). What a great way to sent off your tear-inducing senior. WTF.

They were in at the end.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:24 PM »
Ah, there is a real MU fan!!  You show them who is boss.  Don’t support the team, or a top 20 team coming back...let’s get super emotional and cancel those tickets.

I’d call right now.  1-414-288-GOMU

Make sure they know now you are bailing.

That’s the great thing about America Jamie, I can choose how, when, and where I want to spend my money.  I became a season ticket holder in Wojos 2nd year.  I’ve donated, went to every game I could (even the crummy non conference ones) gave my tickets away for free to multiple people in this forum.

If you want to call me a fake fan, or emotional, how about this, f**k you.

I choose not to support 2 million a year for this bs.

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »
Wojo.

He’s not going anywhere.

Yep team looks like crap. But Wojo isn’t going anywhere.

You're right, though, I think if next season's team flames out again, the torches and pitch forks will be out and the pressure may be insurmountable.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:41 PM »

Stop with the five year nonsense.  We rebuilt the first few years.  Buzzard left a poor team behind.  If you cannot see improvement from last year to this year, then you are blind.

What do I want? A stable program without internet fans wanting a guy fired every 3 years and then wondering why we have no stability.  That’s what I want.

Fun season, major improvement and on to next season with a better roster.  I’ll keep supporting the name in the front of the jersey...thanks
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
I withheld judgment until year five (5) of the Wojo era is in the books.

Fire Wojo.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »
Stop with the five year nonsense.  We rebuilt the first few years.  Buzzard left a poor team behind.  If you cannot see improvement from last year to this year, then you are blind.

What do I want? A stable program without internet fans wanting a guy fired every 3 years and then wondering why we have no stability.  That’s what I want.

Fun season, major improvement and on to next season with a better roster.  I’ll keep supporting the name in the front of the jersey...thanks

What did vt leave that mu did not. Stop making these excuses. Buzz rebuilt his team winners (from nothing) wojo was king of the hill... couldn't get crap done.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2019, 06:04:14 PM »

They both played.  I guess you turned your back on the team and didn’t watch the end so you could make a point that turned out to be really bad and 100% wrong.  WTF.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2019, 06:04:29 PM »
Cheeks

I think you are flat out wrong on status of program. It is light years from being prime time.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2019, 06:04:47 PM »

Listen, everyone knows he's not going to get fired this year, but this was the absolute floor of what this team should have accomplished this year.

If we don't win multiple games in the NCAA tournament next year Wojo needs to be gone.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »

Worst part is playing Heldt would’ve actually helped. He’s a veteran player who stays home defensively and boxes out. Nice job Woj
No Finish Line

1SE

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »
They both played.  I guess you turned your back on the team and didn’t watch the end so you could make a point that turned out to be really bad and 100% wrong.  WTF.

Oh, I had the game on but was too deep into my bottle of whisky to make out who was giving up uncontested bunnies under the basket.

Glad he game them some garbage time. But maybe he should have tried something different at, oh I don't know, 17:00 minutes left in the 2nd half when there was still a chance to win the game....

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »
That’s the great thing about America Jamie, I can choose how, when, and where I want to spend my money.  I became a season ticket holder in Wojos 2nd year.  I’ve donated, went to every game I could (even the crummy non conference ones) gave my tickets away for free to multiple people in this forum.

If you want to call me a fake fan, or emotional, how about this, f**k you.

I choose not to support 2 million a year for this bs.

That is correct, and I encourage that free speech and whatever you wish to do. I didn’t realize the $2M was funded by you, but I do appreciate the investment.  You are not a fake fan, passionate like others.  You are balanced, too, which I like.

I mean it, call and cancel them now.  What better time then the present and set the tone I say.  Let them know how you feel.  Why wait?  Seriously, I don’t understand why anyone would wait...stay true to your convictions.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »
Nate Oates

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:34 PM »
Cheeks

I think you are flat out wrong on status of program. It is light years from being prime time.

Where did I say prime time?

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »
I kinda like how hurley is on the court.  I think he would be a great option. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »
What did vt leave that mu did not?
Trump card.
No Finish Line

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »
Yeah, Wojo isn't close to being fired. Have to look at the whole season, not just the end.

That being said, no overlooking the sh*t sandwich that was the last 7 games. Raises some huge red flags. Gotta address them over the offseason. Defense was the bugaboo last season and it got fixed over the summer. Let's see what he fixes this offseason.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 06:08:39 PM »

Truth is often times in the middle.

If Howard stays Marquette can be as good or better next year. They would take a big step back without. No word yet on that.

Wojo after 5 years:

2 NCAA appearances, 0 NCAA wins, 2 top 5 regular season league finishes, 0 conference tourney finals. He’s keeping his job but people aren’t thrilled.

Team needs better ball handling, better passing, more lateral quickness at both ends.

feedback