Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament Open Thread  (Read 53118 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament Open Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »
Yeah they have to call that. Don’t push into the shooter.
Its been called all year.  Just a dumb foul.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2019, 07:15:59 PM »
THat was a foul.  Why isn't anyone talking about the double dribble that preceded it, though?

The Virginia player was dribbling, he dribbled off his own leg.  He picked it up with two hands and started dribbling again and then was fouled.  That is a double dribble.

I agree, think you are right.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
I agree, think you are right.
They finally mentioned it a few minutes after the game.  When the whistle blew, I thought for sure the call was going to be double dribble.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »
Great game not a fan of either team . Rooting for MSU in game 2
Interesting. I'm rooting for anyone but MSU.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2019, 07:19:20 PM »
Karma for a scumbag like Bruce

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2019, 07:22:35 PM »
Interesting. I'm rooting for anyone but MSU.
Good , it takes two to make a market.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »
That was a foul. Period.  Kudos for having the stones to call it.

"Brutal Breeding" is his nickname.  It was the right call.  Great explanation. The double dribble, on the other hand.  I never heard booing like that after in a F4. 

#crapshoot

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2019, 07:25:07 PM »
I thought Marquette those calls only went against Marquette at the end of the game . . .

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
That was a foul. Period.  Kudos for having the stones to call it.

And a double dribble with 2 seconds left that should have wrapped it up for Auburn. Period. Ref's blunder stole the game from Auburn. No kudos for that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2019, 07:33:21 PM »
And a double dribble with 2 seconds left that should have wrapped it up for Auburn. Period. Ref's blunder stole the game from Auburn. No kudos for that.

Yes on the double dribble.  And I'm sure we could go to a foul 3 minutes earlier, and one 7 minutes earlier, and a non call at the 17 minute mark and on and on and on.  There are any number of fouls in a game that can impact the final score.  Jerome was fouled backing down his player when they had 57, it happens.  Human beings are still officiating games in 2019.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2019, 07:34:46 PM »
Hey Pearl gets screwed and prevents a potential vacated title. Fine by me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »

Yup.  Saves everyone this moment when the banner is taken down and mothballed as University of Meatchicken had to do.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #387 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »

Shoot FBM, that might be the first time I agree with you.  A cogent observation.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2019, 07:42:20 PM »
The craziest part about the missed double dribble was that Breeding was the furthest away ref.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #389 on: April 06, 2019, 07:43:35 PM »
Yes on the double dribble.  And I'm sure we could go to a foul 3 minutes earlier, and one 7 minutes earlier, and a non call at the 17 minute mark and on and on and on.  There are any number of fouls in a game that can impact the final score.  Jerome was fouled backing down his player when they had 57, it happens.  Human beings are still officiating games in 2019.

Yes.  How about the Auburn player who fouled him. No way he should have been that close to Guy and should have went straight up, but ran right into him. Feel for him, but not a good defensive play.  Harper, an 85% free throw shooter missing that free throw also hurt.  Five points in eight seconds, wow. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
Awful no call on the double dribble
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »
Awful no call on the double dribble

I thought Kenny Smith had it right.  The fact Auburn had fouls to give made everyone focus on either a foul or the start to the final play—not the quick DD.  Missed for sure.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2019, 07:51:07 PM »

Hilarious. When the ref makes the correct call to give a team the game it "Kudos" but when he makes the no doubt about it wrong call to give a team the game it no big deal because another call MIGHT have been missed earlier. Unreal.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
Agree on the missed call, and even though the final call was correct, I can't believe it was called.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #394 on: April 06, 2019, 07:58:34 PM »
Hilarious. When the ref makes the correct call to give a team the game it "Kudos" but when he makes the no doubt about it wrong call to give a team the game it no big deal because another call MIGHT have been missed earlier. Unreal.

That's a "crap, oh shoot"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #395 on: April 06, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »
Yup.  Saves everyone this moment when the banner is taken down and mothballed as University of Meatchicken had to do.

The University of "Meatchicken" wasn't funny or clever the first time. By the 20th (50th?) time it's fingernails on a chalkboard annoying.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #396 on: April 06, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »

The Virginia player was dribbling, he dribbled off his own leg.  He picked it up with two hands and started dribbling again and then was fouled.  That is a double dribble.
This. Inexcusable to miss that call then make a call to decide the game. Refs are so horrible
No Finish Line

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #397 on: April 06, 2019, 08:33:59 PM »

Nope.  First of all, refs don't give teams the game.  If you read what I said, you will also note I agreed they missed the other call.  Just as they missed calls through out the game.  One call doesn't decide a game.  If a call isn't made with 9 minutes to play when a player is fouled in the act of shooting, that's potentially 2 points left on the table.  It happens all the time.   

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #398 on: April 06, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »
Lennys doesn’t exist without Cheeks. So funny. And sad.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #399 on: April 06, 2019, 08:39:23 PM »
Lennys doesn’t exist without Cheeks. So funny. And sad.

Oh, Fluffy one...so sad...sigh.

feedback