Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OT - Natisha Hiedeman - 3 point shooting contest & WNBA Draft  (Read 3228 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Thought I'd just combine two things relating to Natisha Hiedeman here:

-Tomorrow night she is a participant in the 3 point shooting contest at the Men's Final 4 that will be televised on ESPN at 9P EST

-Wed. 4/10 she will likely be a third round pick in the WNBA draft which starts at 7P EST - first round on ESPN2 and the 2nd and 3rd rounds on ESPNU.  Allazia Blockton may get drafted also but I think Hiedeman has a greater chance of that happening.  Two MU players have been drafted before - Abbie Willenborg and Angel Robinson but no MU players have ever made a WNBA roster.  They do have a former player who coaches in the WNBA though - Nicki (Taggart) Collen coaches the Atlanta Dream.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: OT - Natisha Hiedeman - 3 point shooting contest & WNBA Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 06:53:42 PM »
Bump - Hiedeman will be in the 3 point shooting contest on ESPN at 9P EST/8P CST tonight.

Good luck to her!!!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »
She's on now

8:49pm CT
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:26:45 PM »
That girl from Central Michigan (Presley Hudson) can shoot a little.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
That girl from Central Michigan (Presley Hudson) can shoot a little.

Just a little :).  That was quite a performance by her last night.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
ESPN has Hiedeman in Round 2 and Blockton in Round 3

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26425117/wnba-mock-draft-2019-predicting-all-three-rounds

Thanks for sharing - Hiedeman has moved up since last time I saw a mock draft list.  It will be interesting to see if both MU players get drafted and where they land.  I'm really hoping this is the year a Marquette player makes it on a WNBA team.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »
Thanks for all the info

How was this Off Topic?
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 08:57:28 PM »
Thanks for all the info

How was this Off Topic?

The board is mainly about the men's team I know - just a choice I made to list it as off topic but it didn't have to necessarily be that way.

I'll be posting in here again if/when Hiedeman and Blockton get drafted :).

And I hope people post here when/if some names of candidates come out for Kieger's replacement.  It drove my crazy in 2014 as I never even heard of anyone they interviewed - only news I heard was when they hired Kieger.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 10:20:58 PM »
The board is mainly about the men's team I know - just a choice I made to list it as off topic but it didn't have to necessarily be that way.

I'll be posting in here again if/when Hiedeman and Blockton get drafted :).

And I hope people post here when/if some names of candidates come out for Kieger's replacement.  It drove my crazy in 2014 as I never even heard of anyone they interviewed - only news I heard was when they hired Kieger.

Ya. This wouldn’t be off topic if it was a men’s player. MU is MU basketball. Shouldn’t be harm in rooting for the women’s players. I mean unless you’re against women.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »
Please keep posting on MUWBB news. I appreciate all your information and commentary. The new coach search and recruit status are certainly items of interest for many on the board. Heck, I just got finished watching a very entertaining game between UConn and ND. Probably the only time I allow myself to root for ND!

[/img]

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »
Please keep posting on MUWBB news. I appreciate all your information and commentary. The new coach search and recruit status are certainly items of interest for many on the board. Heck, I just got finished watching a very entertaining game between UConn and ND. Probably the only time I allow myself to root for ND!

[/img]

Good to know at least one person appreciates it :).  I don't think it's any surprise that I'm a long time fan of the MU Women's program - yes I'm old :).

Both games tonight were very good - expected Baylor to run away with the first one but it was pretty close.  And I thought UCONN had control in the second game but ND bounced back nicely in that one.  It should be a good final on Sunday.

I feel bad for Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu - she only has 48 hours after her season ended to decide whether she wants to forego her last year at Oregon to enter the WNBA draft - pretty quick turnaround between the end of the season and the WNBA draft.  Players generally can't leave college early to enter the WNBA but if you turn 22 the same calendar year as the draft you can do so and she will turn 22 in December.  She's projected to be the #1 pick in the WNBA draft but there's not much money to be had in the WNBA of course.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 07:35:40 PM »
Article from the Journal-Sentinel about Hiedeman and Blockton and 2 other players from Wisconsin who should be drafted tomorrow - Iowa's Megan Gustafson (still Wisconsin's all-time leading scorer for girl's high school basketball) and Notre Dame's Arike Ogunbowale who attended DSHA:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2019/04/09/ogunbowale-gustafson-blockton-and-hiedeman-could-wnba-draft-picks/3405261002/

And a reminder that the WNBA draft is tomorrow night (Wed. 4/10 at 6P central) - both Hiedeman and Blockton have a good chance of being drafted.  But both will have a hard time making a final roster - not that many drafted players end up playing in the league.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 08:08:53 PM »
jeez draft is tomorrow? They dont waste any time.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 08:59:24 PM »
jeez draft is tomorrow? They dont waste any time.

Nope and their bargaining agreement also only gives players eligible to enter the draft early (most commonly can be done if the player turns 22 the same calendar year as the draft) 24 hours after their season ends to decide if they will declare for the WNBA Draft.  Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu and Notre Dame's Jackie Young were two marquee players who were eligible to enter the draft early.  Both had to decide within 24 hours of losing in the Final 4 semi's and Championship Game respectively.  Ionescu decided to stay at Oregon another year and Young decided to declare for the draft.