[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Trust Bilas  (Read 3305 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Trust Bilas
« on: March 20, 2019, 06:35:40 AM »
The man knows what he’s talking about.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/26296020/jay-bilas-picks-every-game-2019-ncaa-tournament-bracket

MU beats Murray State
Oregon beats Wisconsin

This works for me.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MUMonster03

• All American
Re: Trust Bilas
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:25:10 AM »
Bilas has been high on Marquette all year. Hopefully it turns out to be more than just Duke love.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:56:01 AM »
The man knows what he’s talking about.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/26296020/jay-bilas-picks-every-game-2019-ncaa-tournament-bracket

MU beats Murray State
Oregon beats Wisconsin

This works for me.

I hope all the Scoopers who were hoping we didn't get Oregon were right about how good they are.

Bilas rocks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:34:04 AM »
Bilas did say Harry Froling was gonna be huge for MU and did say that Josh Gasser would be an NBAer.

But yes, of all the analysts, he is the best. Even the best occasionally makes mistakes. Here's hoping "Marquette over Murray State" isn't one of them!

Added bonus: Scoopers can now stop saying "everybody" is picking Murray State. Bilas isn't the only one to pick us, either, BTW.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
Jay has a serious Wojo love affair going on....which is nice from an exposure for us when he chimes in about MU.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 10:43:40 AM »
F'in Bucky.  If(when) they beat Oregon, they get KSU without Wade, or UC Irvine.  Seems like a straight shot to the sweet 16, where hopefully Virginia will beat them for the third time in two years.

Go Oregon!

I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:28 AM »
Jay has a serious Wojo love affair going on....which is nice from an exposure for us when he chimes in about MU.

This is definitely true, but he also picked us to do well in the early years of this decade when Wojo was still K's assistant and the then-MU coach regularly spouted happy-talk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 12:23:22 PM »
Bilas is oftentimes the most objective of all the DSPN commentators. Despite being a dookie, hes’s not afraid to pick Carolina when he feels they are the better team and even told people he thought that Carolina should have won the game with Zion back if they had just hit 3s at their normal pace. Meanwhile,  everone else was frothing at the mouth about his return.

I also think he might be the only person there that actually cares about his reputation while the others let their built in bias show on a regular basis.

If MU could just play more complete games without having the almost predictable  lapses in play where they get sloppy and look brain dead for 7-10 minutes,  they could be a real factor in the tourney.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:10 PM »
I like Bilas, and I think he does a good job of explaining how veteran players and coaches see the game differently than the average fan. They guy definitely knows his stuff.

Henry Bushnell from Yahoo sports has a less positive take on MU:

Tier 8: Major mediocrity, mid-major intrigue

"30. Marquette (W5; vs. Murray State) — Before losing five of six to close the season, the Golden Eagles were overrated. Now they’re just … uh, how should we say this … not very good."

But ranking us #30 out of 64 does at least seem like he thinks we'll knock off the Murray State. So I guess there's that.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »
I like Bilas, and I think he does a good job of explaining how veteran players and coaches see the game differently than the average fan. They guy definitely knows his stuff.

Henry Bushnell from Yahoo sports has a less positive take on MU:

Tier 8: Major mediocrity, mid-major intrigue

"30. Marquette (W5; vs. Murray State) — Before losing five of six to close the season, the Golden Eagles were overrated. Now they’re just … uh, how should we say this … not very good."

But ranking us #30 out of 64 does at least seem like he thinks we'll knock off the Murray State. So I guess there's that.

This feels a lot like the Miami game where we were #16 out of the 16 teams left. Loved the press we got then and the results that happened in that game. Let's repeat that.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
Frank Howard out for Cuse. There goes their chance of taking down the Zags.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:45 PM »
Frank Howard out for Cuse. There goes their chance of taking down the Zags.

Eh. He is averaging 9 on 36% shooting. Battle will play a bit more point now. I don't think they were beating the Zags either way but I don't think this hurts them too much.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
RoboBilas knows all...

Have some patience, FFS.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 06:10:58 PM »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

feedback