[Today at 09:48:00 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by NCMUFan
[Today at 09:02:10 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boycott?  (Read 13968 times)

vogue65

• All American
Re: Boycott?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
What Kool-Aid?  The Kool-Aid that says boycotting is a anger-driven whacky idea?

Please consider Xanax.  Some posters who are normally very reasonable going a little off the rails here.

O.K. Archie, what's your better idea?
Name calling does not qualify as a better idea.
Sending an e-mail to the BE commissioner is worthless.
Venting on Scoop is fun, but means nothing.
Violating the contract is a non-starter.
Waiting for the next sports news cycle is typical and trite.
Let it go, wear big boys pants, it happens all the time, s$$t happens, is cowardly.
What do you suggest that takes character? 
What is your better suggestion that makes a difference, gets results and is legal?

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2019, 01:02:39 PM »
Let it go, wear big boys pants, it happens all the time, s$$t happens, is cowardly.
What is your better suggestion that makes a difference, gets results and is legal?

Very well said.  Why do people throw-around useless cliches when when the game is rigged. 

Marquette should treat the BET with all respect it deserves (actually, most conference tournaments are a waste).  If Marquette has to show-up, use it as an exhibition game, run some new offenses, let the back-ups get some experience, and first and foremost avoid any costly injuries.  In other words, get some value from it. 

Most people, given the opportunity, would trade the loss to SJU or SHU for a healthy Markus Howard.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
The real outrage is that the refs made Theo and Sacar the thugs of the game while allowing Powell to be  a hero. How does a guy with 4 fouls survive nearly 9 minutes without fouling out with all the fouls they were calling in the last 12 minutes of that game?

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »
Very well said.  Why do people throw-around useless cliches when when the game is rigged. 

Marquette should treat the BET with all respect it deserves (actually, most conference tournaments are a waste).  If Marquette has to show-up, use it as an exhibition game, run some new offenses, let the back-ups get some experience, and first and foremost avoid any costly injuries.  In other words, get some value from it. 

Most people, given the opportunity, would trade the loss to SJU or SHU for a healthy Markus Howard.

Well said, time for action not usless name calling.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2019, 01:18:38 PM »

Whether we like it or not, it can impact seeding for the NCAA tournament.  We would also be crushed by the media as someone not competing and holding up the spirit of competition. 

There is no doubt the BET favors the eastern teams because of travel proximity and fan bases.  I believe the sociologists that have studied the impact of the home crowds on officiating also does the midwest teams no favor, but you still need to show up and perform....stacked against us or not.  Tournament isn't going away from NYC as an extension was just signed.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »
If Marquette with a senior led team next year is a lock for a 1, 2, or 3 seed, then avoiding injury in the BET is the primary concern.  Yes, go through the motions, but a first-round loss in the BET does not matter.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
The reality is that MU needs the BE and the BE needs MU. MU leaving the BE would be crushing to the BE but what options do we have? I believe MU would look at any other option but there is no serious alternative. Fixed or not, Friday night was a black eye for the BE and everyone outside of SHU knows it. Time to move on, MU will be the highest seeded team out the BE for the real tourney. MU Rah Rah!

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2019, 01:41:09 PM »
The reality is that MU needs the BE and the BE needs MU. MU leaving the BE would be crushing to the BE but what options do we have? I believe MU would look at any other option but there is no serious alternative. Fixed or not, Friday night was a black eye for the BE and everyone outside of SHU knows it. Time to move on, MU will be the highest seeded team out the BE for the real tourney. MU Rah Rah!

We are not talking about leaving the Big East.  We are talking about getting respect and protecting our players. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »
We are not talking about leaving the Big East.  We are talking about getting respect and protecting our players.
I agree but not sending our team to the BET or playing walk-ons would tell the BE we are done and out. Everyone agrees we were screwed on Friday but we have no alternative. Perhaps the Big 12 looks for basketball only members? Ha!

Look, MU is superior to Seton Hall (as evidenced by the NCAA seedings coming out in a few hours) but MU will have to become way better than SHU to overcome bias or fixes. Just the reality of the world.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »

This made me laugh.

And better idea to do what?  Get over a game where the refs stunk?

I did have a better idea. I did some yard work yesterday, then went out to dinner.  I don't think anything else on my part is required.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
Four pages to discuss something that never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever will happen. Or never, ever, ever, ever will even be discussed on a level above Scoop.

This is Scoop Classic, baby. Great stuff.

Tin foil at the ready!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2019, 04:31:46 PM »
Four pages to discuss something that never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever will happen. Or never, ever, ever, ever will even be discussed on a level above Scoop.

Tin foil at the ready!

I got you.

Have some patience, FFS.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 04:52:51 PM »
So is this scoop at its peak? Or at its lowest? Thoughts?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2019, 04:54:51 PM »

Oh, peak for sure.

We rule at beating the death out of dead-horse subjects.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »
Oh, peak absolutely.  #Arbys.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2019, 08:20:52 PM »
It's been 20 hours of non-stop Arby's.

Always satisfying and places a smile on my face.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2019, 01:18:34 AM »
O.K., support the Big East tournament next year, come to New York and enjoy the Big Apple, visit with friends and relatives, hang out with the characters and get screwed again.  Enjoy your tin hat sophomoric laughs, and your misplaced self righteous loyalty to the B.E.tournament.  We always enjoy welcoming the rubes to town for a con job.

BTW Italy is beautiful this time of year, I'll be tuned in to TuneIn Radio listening to our honest participation in a legitament NCAA basketball tournament.  I'll be rooting for M.U. and V.T..   Oh,  and I just unscribed to Seton Hall athletics.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2019, 01:27:25 AM »

Tin foil at the ready!

Did you see 60 Minutes tonight?

Those diplomats could’ve used some tin-foil to spark away that microwave radiation. Until now, they were being laughed at.

Also, cue up ex CIA director addressing the CFR on stratospheric aerosol injection and tell me chemtrails are the den of lunatic “Conspiracy” theorists. There’s a reason that term was coined.

This being said, you are correct, why did this Boycott thread even begin🙈?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2019, 05:42:26 AM »
I always bring a scoop when I walk my dogs and it always smells really bad.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2019, 06:35:07 AM »

This is Scoop doing what it does best.  I wanted to go through the whole thread but lost steam after about two pages.  Basically here is what the numbers say (unscientific and unaudited).

Two Posters (Vogue - the agitator and Warriorfred - the co-signer) posted 22 times about why this is a good idea.
There were 6 other posts that felt wronged but called into question the subject or the best way to express disapproval about the game
There were 13 that were negative to the initial poster and the idea
Then there were 13 goofy, neutral or random posts
Finally there was the start of the Tinfoil/peak scoop crew that has since taken over the discussion -- 2 of those

So...

Two people sign onto an idea and post incessantly and we label things as 'Scoop ran mad'. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 06:37:25 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2019, 07:15:50 AM »
This is Scoop doing what it does best.  I wanted to go through the whole thread but lost steam after about two pages.  Basically here is what the numbers say (unscientific and unaudited).

Two Posters (Vogue - the agitator and Warriorfred - the co-signer) posted 22 times about why this is a good idea.
There were 6 other posts that felt wronged but called into question the subject or the best way to express disapproval about the game
Finally there was the start of the Tinfoil/peak scoop crew that has since taken over the discussion -- 2 of those

So...

Two people sign onto an idea and post incessantly and we label things as 'Scoop ran mad'.

Excellent autopsy. 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2019, 07:19:07 AM »

So...

I was going to give it up, perhaps I should rethink it and take my crusade around the country, Omaha, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati.  It is all about getting disrespected.  I laugh at the Scoop police, when they deem it appropriate they come in with the conspiracy/tin hat defense.
Oh, BTW, what about the other 2,000 reads?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:22 AM »
Boycotting is such a loser’s mentality. 

Yeah I agree good thing we don't have a banner hanging from the rafters celebrating an achievement of a boycott...
Maigh Eo for Sam

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2019, 07:34:26 AM »
Yeah I agree good thing we don't have a banner hanging from the rafters celebrating an achievement of a boycott...

What if we simply boycotted the banner?

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:24 AM »

Made in instigator laugh.  Boycots are politically unpopular, but unfortunstly they work.