[Today at 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boycott?  (Read 13942 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Boycott?
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2019, 08:16:59 PM »
This is not Scoop's finest hour.

MU got jobbed last night, but absolutely had dozens of chances to win, and remove it from the hands of the refs.    MU made two buckets in the final 10 minutes of the game.  TWO.   MU missed crucial free throws and rebounds, and their best offensive player hit shots when ours went 1 for freaking 15.

MU lost because .. they consistently underperform in the BET.  There is no conspiracy.

This season .. and many others .. Marquette is the Charlie Brown of the Big East.  Lucy pulled the ball ~6 games ago.

Have a Sandwich.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2019, 08:20:08 PM »
Ummm. That is a conspiracy. Duh!

A conspiracy is a secret.  There was nothing secret about the game.  It was fixed.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 08:23:54 PM »
Didn’t see the game. How were refs in Nova/SH game?  Did they want Nova to win?

Just saw foul shots were Nova 26, SH 11. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2019, 08:55:40 PM »
Have a Sandwich.

It's been 20 hours of non-stop Arby's.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »
The leadership of the new Big East is not competent enough to rig the tournament.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »
It's been 20 hours of non-stop Arby's.

Hallelujah Arby's!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2019, 11:38:39 PM »
Folks, I suspect part of Marquette's membership in the Big East requires they show up for the Big East tournament.

But here's a novel idea: Why not move the tournament around? It's fine to have it in the Garden when all of the teams were located within about 250 miles of MSG. But with a conference that extends from Providence to Omaha, does it make sense to have the tournament in New York City, which is central to whom?

Does TV need the Garden as a backdrop? I doubt it. Why not play the tournament in Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Cincinnati etc. I'll betcha they'd be happy to host at the Computing Castle!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2019, 12:53:21 AM »
Folks, I suspect part of Marquette's membership in the Big East requires they show up for the Big East tournament.

But here's a novel idea: Why not move the tournament around? It's fine to have it in the Garden when all of the teams were located within about 250 miles of MSG. But with a conference that extends from Providence to Omaha, does it make sense to have the tournament in New York City, which is central to whom?

Does TV need the Garden as a backdrop? I doubt it. Why not play the tournament in Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Cincinnati etc. I'll betcha they'd be happy to host at the Computing Castle!

One of the requirements when the old Big East fell apart was the be BE keep the Garden for the tournament. There’s a reason the Big Ten and ACC want to get into MSG for their tournaments so badly. It’s NYC. NYC is the BET Tourney. 37 years, and one poorly officiated game means we have to move it? Did anyone else go to Cincy in the CUSAV tourney days? No thanks.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2019, 04:44:10 AM »
One of the requirements when the old Big East fell apart was the be BE keep the Garden for the tournament. There’s a reason the Big Ten and ACC want to get into MSG for their tournaments so badly. It’s NYC. NYC is the BET Tourney. 37 years, and one poorly officiated game means we have to move it? Did anyone else go to Cincy in the CUSAV tourney days? No thanks.

I'm a "New Yorker"  born in Long Island City, I know first hand the New York mentality, (as Billy Joel would say, state of mind) and that's why I got out and went to Milwaukee.

One of the issues is the appearance of impropriety.   The midwest teams are considered interlopers. 

Poor reffing is not an accident it is a decision.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2019, 06:15:39 AM »
A conspiracy is a secret.  There was nothing secret about the game.  It was fixed.
I stand corrected. Well said.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2019, 07:11:35 AM »
Instead of the boycott I would prefer the passive agressive approach.  Send only walk-on’s to all BE media events, next years’ award ceremony will have video acceptance instead of in-person, post game press conference is only Wojo, etc...

Love passive agressive when you can't be honest.  Buzz showed us how to work passive agressive to a T.

He stared down the BOT, Athletic Director and President, mailed in a season, left the cupboard bare and took a recruit.  My man!

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2019, 07:18:10 AM »

This thread makes game threads look good.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2019, 07:56:17 AM »
This thread makes game threads look good.

Pitty, keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2019, 08:39:25 AM »

Because it's part of the brand of the conference.  They aren't moving the tournament - at least for the next decade.  Marquette isn't boycotting it.  There is no conspiracy.  Friday's game wasn't fixed. 

Y'all sound like a bunch of loons.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2019, 08:45:32 AM »
Uh-huh.  Right.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2019, 08:59:43 AM »

Because it's part of the brand of the conference.  They aren't moving the tournament - at least for the next decade.  Marquette isn't boycotting it.  There is no conspiracy.  Friday's game wasn't fixed. 

Y'all sound like a bunch of loons.
I'm 99% sure it was not fixed but I used to believe 100% that NBA games weren't fixed. We all know how that played out.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2019, 10:07:51 AM »
Pitty, keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

What Kool-Aid?  The Kool-Aid that says boycotting is a anger-driven whacky idea?

Please consider Xanax.  Some posters who are normally very reasonable going a little off the rails here.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2019, 10:16:19 AM »
Boycotting is such a loser’s mentality. 

We did get screwed over by the refs on the ejections. Fine. We had more than enough opportunity to take this game.  We lost it at the foul line.  Our star was getting a foul call at the end of the game with any contact.  Missed free throws and was absolutely horrible from the field along with the rest of our team.   

Hero ball killed us once again.  Helped along by a good dose of cold shooting and a side of 2 solid role players ejected.   

The game was not fixed by any means. A thug team baited us into a fight and the star player is going to get the benefit of the doubt in those cases over a guy that is a known hot head / enforcer (john). 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2019, 10:17:25 AM »
What Kool-Aid?  The Kool-Aid that says boycotting is a anger-driven whacky idea?

Please consider Xanax.  Some posters who are normally very reasonable going a little off the rails here.

;D

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2019, 10:40:51 AM »
I'm a "New Yorker"  born in Long Island City, I know first hand the New York mentality, (as Billy Joel would say, state of mind) and that's why I got out and went to Milwaukee.

One of the issues is the appearance of impropriety.   The midwest teams are considered interlopers. 

Poor reffing is not an accident it is a decision.

Midwesterners love to play the victim and invent an inferiority complex against the big bad “coastal elites.”

There's no “fix.” MU has more cashe than Providence and Seton Hall regionally and nationally and those seats were going to be full no matter who was matching up against Nova last night. The fact is Markus missed a bunch of free throws after questionable T’s and touch fouls put him at the line and MU lost by 2.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »

MU got jobbed last night, but absolutely had dozens of chances to win, and remove it from the hands of the refs.    MU made two buckets in the final 10 minutes of the game.  TWO.   MU missed crucial free throws and rebounds, and their best offensive player hit shots when ours went 1 for freaking 15.

MU lost because .. they consistently underperform in the BET.  There is no conspiracy.

You're trying to be the voice of reason in this Scoop Takes-filled thread? Nice try, my friend!

Down the stretch, Markus gets awarded 2 FTs every time he breathes. Plus, SH gets called for at least 2 borderline T's. But the anti-MU fix is in.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
Midwesterners love to play the victim and invent an inferiority complex against the big bad “coastal elites.”

There's no “fix.” MU has more cashe than Providence and Seton Hall regionally and nationally and those seats were going to be full no matter who was matching up against Nova last night. The fact is Markus missed a bunch of free throws after questionable T’s and touch fouls put him at the line and MU lost by 2.

Except the postulator of this theory has roots in the East Coast...

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
Couple of my work pals are dire hard badger fans. 
Even they declare we got hosed by the officiating decisions. 

That said, put on the big boy pants and avow that with experience and success comes respect, and that includes from the refs. 

Even with minimal ‘improvement ‘, I’d be quite confident in predicting that guys like Theo won’t be charged the same phantom fouls he gets at times as a result of officials being more familiar with this style and attempts to play within the rules. 

Regarding MSG, it’s the perfect venue for the big stage of the tournament. 
Time to prove we belong there- get past this fiasco- the BE admins know quite clearly what we as fans as well as the Uni feel about the officiating- and effuse all the right reasons for not wanting to be in this type of situation again. 

You can only control what you can and influence others from the success that results. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
Except the postulator of this theory has roots in the East Coast...
Yes. One of the more ignorant things I’ve read in a while
No Finish Line