[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Proud of Wojo and the Team  (Read 4948 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Proud of Wojo and the Team
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:30 PM »
Classy presser after the game. Never laid blame. Gave SHU props and good luck. Happy we’re still playing.

Thought Theo responded well given he did nothing and had their entire team coming at him. Definitely handled ourselves better than SHU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
Re: Proud of Wojo and the Team
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:12 PM »
I am not angry.    Absolutely everything that could have gone wrong did and MU still had a shot to win at the end.      Hopefully, it puts a chip on their shoulder.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:07 PM »
Tower
Agreed. This should be their us against them moment.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:22 PM »
I am not angry.    Absolutely everything that could have gone wrong did and MU still had a shot to win at the end.      Hopefully, it puts a chip on their shoulder.

I’m with you here. This feels like the sort of emotional game that propels a team to deep tourney run.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:41 PM »
If Howard makes any shot or even 3 more FT’s we win.

Refs determined 80% of this game.

Missed FT’s and bad Shot selection st the end determined the rest.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 11:36:08 PM »
I was impressed with how Theo maintained his composure in the scuffle. Especially when getting shoved from behind. Ironically, he’s the one who got ejected.

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 11:36:34 PM »
Everyone on our side took it like men and will continue to do so the rest of their lives. As for Seton Hall, let's just say there are plenty of landscaping jobs available in New Jersey.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:04 PM »
Everyone on our side took it like men and will continue to do so the rest of their lives. As for Seton Hall, let's just say there are plenty of landscaping jobs available in New Jersey.

Powell getting into it with Wojo after the game.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:37 PM »
Agree. Entire team is pissed. Let's take it out on our next 6 opponents by playing the game we were deprived of

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:09 PM »
+1

This maybe exactly what we need.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:25 PM »
I really enjoy this team but they are simply not tough enuff.  How many times in the last ten minutes did we not foul SH or give up an offensive rebound? Not too many times. Just not tough enuff physically n then layed nothing but bricks at ft line, mentally.
Great leap forward this year but long way from champions.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:59 PM »

What?

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 11:39:43 PM »
Theo needs to work on looking less scary. He does not benefit from his looks. Maybe work an OBJ hairdo or something in the offseason, lighten things up for the refs.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:55 PM »

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 11:41:24 PM »
Thought wojos presser was blaming the refs as much as possible without getting fined/talked to. Didn’t think it was the greatest look but in our situation it will fire up the team.

Is seton hall tourney bound? Couldn’t tell if it was a slight at them or him just changing the tone of the conversation?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:11 PM »
Thought Theo responded well given he did nothing and had their entire team coming at him. Definitely handled ourselves better than SHU.
And.......? That’s worth what exactly?
Theo...congrats....so proud of you.....but you need to go to the locker room cuz you ejected. BTW...you handled yourself like a champ tonight.
Love what you bring Wades but you sound as soft as Tower here.
Yeah, Hall are thugs.
Dem thugs playing for championship, we’ll be watching.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:36 PM »
I really enjoy this team but they are simply not tough enuff.  How many times in the last ten minutes did we not foul SH or give up an offensive rebound? Not too many times. Just not tough enuff physically n then layed nothing but bricks at ft line, mentally.
Great leap forward this year but long way from champions.

I think its a lack of quickness and athleticism.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 11:44:17 PM »
Regarding Powell / Wojo .. FS1 showed some video.

Powell and Wojo kinda brushed past eachother, that was OK. 

Then Powell turns around and extends a handshake to Wojo, but Wojo is walking away and doesn't see it.  There's no audio, but I think Powell yells something .. Wojo turns around rapidly and takes a few quick steps and is kinda restrained by another coach while Powell runs to the locker room.

Seems like some misunderstandings.  Had Wojo seen the handshake, he would have gone for it.  Powell took exception to no shake, said something stupid .. Wojo reacted.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:10 PM »
I don't think Powell deserves the benefit of the doubt.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:13 PM »
Thought wojos presser was blaming the refs as much as possible without getting fined/talked to. Didn’t think it was the greatest look but in our situation it will fire up the team.

Is seton hall tourney bound? Couldn’t tell if it was a slight at them or him just changing the tone of the conversation?

Yes they are a lock.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:21 PM »

Definitely thought it was just changing the tone, it was in response to the question "what do you say to fans frustrated by this game"

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:26 PM »
Just a weird moment where both was wrong. Wojo half didn’t want to shake hands / staying out of the way. And then Powell make it more awkward by pointing it out. Don’t think either was a big deal but both didn’t handle it the best way. In the end, it wasn’t a big deal and no one will remember that outside SH and MU but there was enough in this game to eclipse it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:47:45 PM by martyconlonontherun »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 11:55:36 PM »
Classy presser after the game. Never laid blame. Gave SHU props and good luck. Happy we’re still playing.

Wojo was great in the presser - on that we agree.

On Theo "doing nothing" I have to disagree. Powell was in the air and defenseless and had already released the ball. Theo put a hand in the middle of his chest and shoved him - not hard, but when your off balance like Powell was that's a dangerous play. I know I'll be attacked for this but IMO his ejection was warranted.

Re Sacar, the refs missed an obvious foul on a lay up and I think it got him pissed off. He looked a little out of control after that. Committed a hard foul on Powell and on the next possession he was in Powell's ear and Powell lost his composure and threw an elbow. Awesome, but he couldn't just walk away, he had to chirp. And he had to find somebody to "bump" in the next Powell dust up. You can argue that the refs overreacted, but what can't be argued is that Sacar lost his composure - twice. And that lack of discipline helped cost us the game.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 11:55:47 PM »

I am pretty angry. For a lot of the game I was concerned about the safety of the team. The officiating lost control. It got out of hand.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 11:57:56 PM »
Wojo was great in the presser - on that we agree.

On Theo "doing nothing" I have to disagree. Powell was in the air and defenseless and had already released the ball. Theo put a hand in the middle of his chest and shoved him - not hard, but when your off balance like Powell was that's a dangerous play. I know I'll be attacked for this but IMO his ejection was warranted.

Do you know how many times that happens in a game. How many times it has happened to Howard this season alone?

None are even called Flagrant 1's, and most involve a lot more force than that. There have been shoves in the back when the player is in the air and it not be a flagrant 2.

feedback