Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let's just be honest....  (Read 8403 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Let's just be honest....
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 12:37:24 AM »
97.  You mean like Theo getting Ts for swearing and screaming while dunking on people in the 2018-19 season now?

We took a shot on someone that we thought could be a difference maker with his PG abilities, and it didn't work out.  Not sure what more you can do there when you're full up on scholly's.  You do know that you can't add players once the season starts right?

There are plenty of things to complain about, and it just seems like you're focusing on one of the more trivial things.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 08:17:50 AM »
Losing is horse crap...period
Especially to a team we beat. And just lost to DePaul by 100
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 08:56:00 AM »
I'll judge the season when it is over.  As of now, I didn't expect to lose 4 in grow to closeout the season, but I didn't expect a top 10 ranking either. 

There remains a lot of basketball, and I'll decide when it's over.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »
Wheel bee waitin' on dat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2019, 09:12:57 AM »
To be honest, a nice run in the tourney, and I'll probably be one of those saying, "oh yeah, we lost 4, I remember that."

One and done in BET, and one and done in the tourney, and I'll probably be one of those saying, "after 5 years, that's it?"

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »
Anyone who thinks this team isn't in trouble is delusional.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
This sucks, but nobody is quitting. If anything sometimes I think they want to win so badly that they get desperate and make bad decisions or choke. All 4 of these losses could have been wins if a few things had gone differently. Several of our wins this year just as easily could have been losses.

Hope we can get at least 1 win in the BET. I'm sure every team wants to play us.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 11:37:31 AM »
Dude... you are alone on this one.  Sam didn’t quit... he sucked.  There is a difference.  I’m as mad as everyone.  He didn’t produce, but to say he quit questions his character and is wrong.  He probably wanted to win more than you honestly did and calling him out as a quitter is sophomoric and embarrassing. Please just stop

You're right. It's too far to say he quit on the team. His output hasn't been so great, and he's looked a step slow lately, and a lot of that probably has to do with him playing a ton of minutes all year. He's a great kid with a great attitude, and I'm happy to have him on the team. Here's to hoping he can turn it around in NYC.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
Sam has had some poor shooting games this year, but he is MU's best player. Plays good D even though slow, rebounds well, moves around the floor well, and shoots well from long range. A very good player. He is a stud.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2019, 12:06:09 PM »
This team fell apart 3 weeks ago. They have been a disaster for the last 5 games. Markus played his way out of BEPOY. Sam quit. Joey hit the freshman wall. Sacar found unique ways to not finish at the rim....

We found the worst case scenario, and then we pushed it a little further.

What an awful way to close out a promising season.

What the heck happened?

Sam quit?

This team has been in every game until the closing minute this last four games, what are you talking about?  Make free throws yesterday we win.  Cut down two turnovers against Creighton we win.  Doesn’t take much to swing games.  We won some early on we probably should not have, and we are losing some now we probably should not.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2019, 08:54:54 PM »
Good teams make the plays in the clutch.   Rebounding is effort and who wants the ball more.  We don't have anyone who wants the ball. (David Boone).  We could have won all 4 games.   We have to make 2 out of 2 free throws.  Not 1 for 2 many times.  We don't make that special rebound or clutch free throw steal or shot in the last 4 games.  We can't stop anyone from driving. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »
Good teams make the plays in the clutch.   Rebounding is effort and who wants the ball more.  We don't have anyone who wants the ball. (David Boone).  We could have won all 4 games.   We have to make 2 out of 2 free throws.  Not 1 for 2 many times.  We don't make that special rebound or clutch free throw steal or shot in the last 4 games.  We can't stop anyone from driving.

We shot 72.2% from the FT line (just below our 76% average and above the national average of 69%) and had a much better rebounding % than Georgetown.

We lost the game because Akinjo and McClung were making garbage shots while we were missing open ones. We dominated them in just about everything but shooting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2019, 09:18:55 PM »
To be honest, a nice run in the tourney, and I'll probably be one of those saying, "oh yeah, we lost 4, I remember that."

One and done in BET, and one and done in the tourney, and I'll probably be one of those saying, "after 5 years, that's it?"

Exactly. It was a disappointing end to the regular season. Didn't to themselves any favors for seeding with the four consecutive losses, but let's see how things go from here on out. These guys are capable of stringing wins together as we know. Also capable of losing. Just gotta hope for the best. Awfully presumptuous for someone to say a guy quit, or a freshman doesn't want to be on the floor.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2019, 09:26:57 PM »
If you had a quiz on who would be the LAST one to quit on a team, my choice would be Sam.

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2019, 07:54:14 AM »
Being honest, the end of the REGULAR season was extremely disappointing for sure.  No one quit, especially Sam. I was very encouraged by the reduction in turnovers on Saturday, which was a huge problem in the previous games. Poor shooting by MU and hot shooting by GU was the issue on Saturday.

I am still excited to watch MU in the BET and the NCAA tournaments. Could they lose in the first game of each? Yes. But, could they make a run to the final game of the BET and the Sweet 16? Yes. Much better than last season when we were watching the NCAA and complaining about MU not making it. I know this is a glass half full analysis, but isn't it more fun to root for our team than complaining about them? It is for me.

Go Marquette!!

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »
We shot 72.2% from the FT line (just below our 76% average and above the national average of 69%) and had a much better rebounding % than Georgetown.

We lost the game because Akinjo and McClung were making garbage shots while we were missing open ones. We dominated them in just about everything but shooting.

And the score...

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
And the score...

Exactly!!   All that matters.  Yet some don’t get that.  We were run ragged by two freshmen.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »
And the score...

Teams lose because they play poorly, the other team plays well, or some combination of the two. Only point is that the Georgetown game was an example of the second one.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2019, 11:03:36 PM »
You're right. It's too far to say he quit on the team. His output hasn't been so great, and he's looked a step slow lately, and a lot of that probably has to do with him playing a ton of minutes all year. He's a great kid with a great attitude, and I'm happy to have him on the team. Here's to hoping he can turn it around in NYC.
I was on record saying it would not be prudent to play Sam to play big minutes at the beginning of the season especially in the cupcake games.  He was just coming off a tough injury and there was experience that other kids could gain in a no risk setting.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2019, 11:30:19 PM »

SEE. I WAS HONEST. So if you want to go smear mud on your a*s, go smear mud on your a*s. Just be honest about it.

I figured this contributed about as much to the thread as the previous posts.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2019, 03:48:21 PM »
Especially to a team we beat. And just lost to DePaul by 100

That must be some kind of record, eh?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2019, 03:53:41 PM »
Just got to this thread now. Very Scoop Takes-y.

I guess Markus didn't play himself out of BEPOY.

And who starts tomorrow in Sam's spot? I hear he quit.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »
This team fell apart 3 weeks ago. They have been a disaster for the last 5 games. Markus played his way out of BEPOY. Sam quit. Joey hit the freshman wall. Sacar found unique ways to not finish at the rim....

We found the worst case scenario, and then we pushed it a little further.

What an awful way to close out a promising season.

What the heck happened?

This post is aging well....Markus named Big East player of the year despite playing his way out of it

What the heck happened?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2019, 04:09:01 PM »
We sure biffed in the BigE, so sick of Nova winning all the time

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2019, 05:48:16 PM »
This post is aging well....Markus named Big East player of the year despite playing his way out of it

What the heck happened?

Turns out I was wrong. I'm very happy to be wrong in this case. Sometimes watching the same guy over and over makes you a little immune to just how good he is.