Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let's just be honest....  (Read 8402 times)

skianth16

• All American
Let's just be honest....
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »
This team fell apart 3 weeks ago. They have been a disaster for the last 5 games. Markus played his way out of BEPOY. Sam quit. Joey hit the freshman wall. Sacar found unique ways to not finish at the rim....

We found the worst case scenario, and then we pushed it a little further.

What an awful way to close out a promising season.

What the heck happened?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: Let's just be honest....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »

What the heck happened?

Your parents neglected you?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 08:05:31 PM »
sam quit. lol. what a dumbass you are.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 08:06:29 PM »
Sam quit?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:07:43 PM »
sam quit. lol. what a dumbass you are.

You're trying to talk up the guy that went 2-11 today?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »

Sam hasn’t been greatly lately. He most definitely has not quit.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 08:13:07 PM »

so not shooting well = quit on his coach/team? sheesh youre even dumber than my post stated.

guess luke maye quit on roy today. maybe we can hire him when unc fires him for his team quitting on him.

embarrassing.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 08:18:48 PM »
This team got comfortable. They quit scrapping. They quit working for wins. Anyone who watched the last 4 games can see that.

We had so many opportunities to win the conference, and we came up short every single time.

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »
This team got comfortable. They quit scrapping. They quit working for wins. Anyone who watched the last 4 games can see that.

We had so many opportunities to win the conference, and we came up short every single time.

Stop saying “we”

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
Stop saying “we”

That only works for positive comments?

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 08:40:52 PM »
This team fell apart 3 weeks ago. They have been a disaster for the last 5 games. Markus played his way out of BEPOY. Sam quit. Joey hit the freshman wall. Sacar found unique ways to not finish at the rim....

What the heck happened?
I think it’s deeper than that.  Why does Joey look like he wants to be anywhere but on the floor?  If Sam wasn’t on the roster it would seem he’d be out the door.  The answer may be less than 1.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 09:09:09 PM »
Who is trying to defend these last 4 losses?  And if you are one who is, why?   No defense for crap horse crap play.   You go into this game knowing a win gets you a share of the regular season title and you crap down your leg?   For the 4th game in a row?  Just stop defending this crap play.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 10:10:36 PM »
I think Creighton and the last 5 minutes of Seton Hall were "horse crap play." I didn't think that about Nova or the game today.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 10:16:15 PM »
I think Creighton and the last 5 minutes of Seton Hall were "horse crap play." I didn't think that about Nova or the game today.

Losing is horse crap...period
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 10:19:31 PM »

Seems reasonable.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 10:21:37 PM »

So in every game, one team plays like horse crap?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 10:29:10 PM »

Stop with the cliches. Seriously. They just aren’t playing well. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »

What the heck happened?

That...is the question...to fall so far so fast makes you wonder if there is something going on behind closed doors?? I mean you don't just "lose it" that quickly. I mean...think about EVERYTHING that has gone wrong these last 4 games, and it really is unbelievable..especially when they were winning all these close games earlier in the year and were confident. I mean, one of the best shooters in college basketball, suddenly can't shoot, the defense which was reliable pretty much the whole year, has suddenly eluded them in the final 5 minutes of these games, they look listless, disinterested and complacent...no one shows any emotion out there. I mean it's like they all of a sudden forgot how to play basketball..we know they haven't...but wow. Honestly, as strange as this may sound, I think one of the problems is they have too many "nice kids". They don't have anyone with that killer instinct, that wants the ball late in tight games, and they have the confidence to know they will carry it home..Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder were fantastic at that. they had that attitude..."I'm carrying us home and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to stop it" and for the most part...there wasn't.

I'm also not sure this team has a great leader...someone that can rally the troops late in games when things are falling apart..Markus and Sam try, but Idk that they are the most vocal leaders..I don't know what the problem is, and it's futile to speculate but boy...it just seems to me, this points to an off the court/locker room issue. Do all the guys still get along?? Do they all trust one another on the court?? Have some of them turned on Markus and think he's too much of a "hero ball" type player?? None of those things may be true, or they all could be..whatever the case may be, it may be too late to resolve it unfortunately...but the way the end of the season has unraveled is truly one for the ages and completely mind boggling.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »
That...is the question...to fall so far so fast makes you wonder if there is something going on behind closed doors?? I mean you don't just "lose it" that quickly. I mean...think about EVERYTHING that has gone wrong these last 4 games, and it really is unbelievable..especially when they were winning all these close games earlier in the year and were confident. I mean, one of the best shooters in college basketball, suddenly can't shoot, the defense which was reliable pretty much the whole year, has suddenly eluded them in the final 5 minutes of these games, they look listless, disinterested and complacent...no one shows any emotion out there. I mean it's like they all of a sudden forgot how to play basketball..we know they haven't...but wow. Honestly, as strange as this may sound, I think one of the problems is they have too many "nice kids". They don't have anyone with that killer instinct, that wants the ball late in tight games, and they have the confidence to know they will carry it home..Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder were fantastic at that. they had that attitude..."I'm carrying us home and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to stop it" and for the most part...there wasn't.

I'm also not sure this team has a great leader...someone that can rally the troops late in games when things are falling apart..Markus and Sam try, but Idk that they are the most vocal leaders..I don't know what the problem is, and it's futile to speculate but boy...it just seems to me, this points to an off the court/locker room issue. Do all the guys still get along?? Do they all trust one another on the court?? Have some of them turned on Markus and think he's too much of a "hero ball" type player?? None of those things may be true, or they all could be..whatever the case may be, it may be too late to resolve it unfortunately...but the way the end of the season has unraveled is truly one for the ages and completely mind boggling.

Teams lose it all the time for no reason other than they aren't playing well. Teams lose to teams they are worse than all the time. MSU lost 6 games. Duke lost 5. Kentucky lost 5. Kentucky lost to SHU on a neutral court. MSU lost to Indiana TWICE. crap happens. It sucks. If we lose our next two games then yeah, call the season a failure I guess. But there is lots of ball left to be played. If we can snag one win I think we can get out mojo back.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2019, 11:02:51 PM »
IF IF IF IF IF......wanted to believe, pretty sad ending to regular season!

I agree with the comment about to many nice kids, need someone with an edge like Jerel, DJO, Jae, great high character guys on this squad and all trying hard, just need at least one Bad Boy/Mofo and another ball-handler would be nice
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 12:05:59 AM by muwarrior97 »
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 11:14:20 PM »
IF IF IF IF IF......wanted to believe, pretty sad ending to regular season!

I agree with the comment about to many nice of kids, need someone with an edge like Jerel, DJO, Jae, great high character guys on this squad and all trying hard, just need at least one Bad Boy/Mofo and another ball-handler would be nice

Wasn't Theo criticized for getting a T after saying "and one b!tch" against SH?

Don't we have 2 and possibly 3 ball handling guards coming in next year?

Wojos roster management hasn't been perfect, but he has addressed areas of weakness. When he first got here, nobody could shoot. Brought in AR, MH, and SH to amend that problem.  Last year we couldn't defend to save our lives. Brendan and Chartouney have helped in that regard, even if their offensive prowess has been lacking. We only have one real ball handler this year. We have Koby, Dexter and possibly Symir coming next year. Yes Wojo probably should have been able to identify the severity of these problems before they arose, but he has done a good job in bringing in pieces to solve problems once they have.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 11:28:40 PM »
That only works for positive comments?
Dude... you are alone on this one.  Sam didn’t quit... he sucked.  There is a difference.  I’m as mad as everyone.  He didn’t produce, but to say he quit questions his character and is wrong.  He probably wanted to win more than you honestly did and calling him out as a quitter is sophomoric and embarrassing. Please just stop
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 11:30:13 PM »
Your parents neglected you?

Today's winner of the internet.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 12:07:16 AM »
Wasn't Theo criticized for getting a T after saying "and one b!tch" against SH?

Don't we have 2 and possibly 3 ball handling guards coming in next year?

Wojos roster management hasn't been perfect, but he has addressed areas of weakness. When he first got here, nobody could shoot. Brought in AR, MH, and SH to amend that problem.  Last year we couldn't defend to save our lives. Brendan and Chartouney have helped in that regard, even if their offensive prowess has been lacking. We only have one real ball handler this year. We have Koby, Dexter and possibly Symir coming next year. Yes Wojo probably should have been able to identify the severity of these problems before they arose, but he has done a good job in bringing in pieces to solve problems once they have.

It is still the 2019 season......talkin’ about NOW (not a future game/season) 🤦🏻‍♂️
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »
Step back off the ledge, season is not over yet. Says something about the team that they could lose out their last 5 games and still be a tourney lock.

feedback