Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Theo Could Learn Something From Matt  (Read 5026 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Theo Could Learn Something From Matt
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 08:22:31 AM »
I know what I'm about to say is probably sacrilege, but there are times I would rather see Morrow at the 4 than Joey who could give Matt more help inside. We still have Sam and Markus to hit the 3.
I'd rather see Joey at the 5 than Matt TBH
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 09:08:54 AM »
Could he also learn how to lose 3 easy rebounds in the first half from Matt?
Or is this a “things theo does wrong” only thread?

the last 2 directly led to 4 pts at the end of the half.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 11:01:42 PM »
Yes, Theo loves blocks. Sometime a foul on a block attempt is OK. I honestly believe that sometimes he gets fouls called without contact just because he looks so menacing.

But tonight, I think there were two fouls which were needless - he was out of position and went over the top - that's going to be called every time. He needs to learn when NOT to contest for a bound.

This. His two silly fouls vs Nova had absolutely nothing to do with him going for blocks.

He is going to get some fouls because he is an aggressive defender, and most of us can live with those, especially given how solid Ed has been. But he has to not get the cheapies -- like the 2 he got last night, or the moving screens. He has gotten much better at avoiding moving screens, so obviously he can be coached and improved, and he will continue to get better.

the last 2 directly led to 4 pts at the end of the half.

This. Heldt actually played pretty well for us -- better than I thought he would, I admit -- but those were absolutely killers.

He went from not playing in several games to playing 7-8 straight minutes there. He probably was gassed. Wojo probably should have gotten him a breather and gone with Joey at the 5. Easy for me to say now, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2019, 08:22:40 PM »
Two of John's fouls came after dumb plays by our other players. The first one was Joey throwing a weak pass that got intercepted. John and some of other players rushed down and kept the original shot from going in, but John fouled after we did not get the rebound. The foul would not have happen, if we did not turn over the ball. His fourth or last foul came when he was asking for the ball, but Anim forced up a bad shot instead of passing it to John. John fouled going for the rebound. The foul would not have happen, if Anim passed it to him like he should of. Mistakes lead to players being out of position and that is what happen to John on these plays.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2019, 08:40:12 PM »
Yes. It is true that TJ needs to be more selective, but right now he’s not. He is picking up fouls due to the mistakes of others that he is covering for and then overcompensating.
Hard to blame others for his fouls, but their mistakes aren’t helping his situation.