[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Boeheim  (Read 2918 times)

KampusFoods

• All American

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Re: Boeheim
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 08:54:06 AM »
Talk about a way to ruin your night after beating a rival.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:03:26 AM »
Pull the phone records.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 09:07:35 AM »
RIP. Feel terrible for Beoheim or anyone that accidentally kills someone.

The other day when the the videos we’re showing up of the massive car pile in the snow, a woman was in the truck with presumably her partner.  As cars were crashing into them and others every 10 seconds she was saying she would get out of the truck and he’s yelling at her...rightly so....to stay in the damn truck. 

https://youtu.be/cw66UkfWoFo

Kansas City Chief was killed last year when outside his car by another motorist.  Cops have been killed at a frightening rate over the years. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:23:06 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 09:38:30 AM »
Awful situation. Late at night, icy conditions, accident in the middle of the road. Sounds like a horrible accident. Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
RIP. Feel terrible for Beoheim or anyone that accidentally kills someone.

The other day when the the videos we’re showing up of the massive car pile in the snow, a woman was in the truck with presumably her partner.  As cars were crashing into them and others every 10 seconds she was saying she would get out of the truck and he’s yelling at her...rightly so....to stay in the damn truck. 

https://youtu.be/cw66UkfWoFo

Kansas City Chief was killed last year when outside his car by another motorist.  Cops have been killed at a frightening rate over the years.

This can not be restated enough!   I always push this idea... but even I did not follow it recently.  On a county hwy 2 weeks ago after a big storm, I swerved into ditch to avoid a pileup.  After things settled, there appeared to be no cars coming, so I decided to get out to look to see if I had damage.  With my back turned to the road, after JUST looking for traffic, I hear a slam.  Behind me a new car came and hit the rear of another stopped car about 10 ft from me. 

I had no idea where the car came from. I thought I was safe.  I was wrong.

DO NOT get out of your car if you do not absolutely have to until police arrive and control the scene.

I feel horrible for this guy's family and Boeheim too must be beside himself.  An absolute tragedy for all involved.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »
Boy that is really tragic
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »
very tragic for both families.  all toxicology reports came back negative

after he just beat louisville by 20
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »
As one who cleans up these messes on a regular basis, let m just send out sympathy to all involved.     And the crap of it is when the accidents are there for everyone to see and people keep driving by like lunatics and then giving you dirty looks for trying to manage the injuries and wreckage.     From what is described, unless he was on his phone, I don't see what he could have done other than to slow down a lot more a lot sooner.    But, if it was over a rise or around a curve, he may not have seen it in time.     Just a mess all around.   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:09:30 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
As one who cleans up these messes on a regular basis, let my just send out sympathy to all involved.     And the crap of it is when the accidents are there for everyone to see and people keep driving by like lunatics and then giving you dirty looks for trying to manage the injuries and wreckage.     From what is described, unless he was on his phone, I don't see what he could have done other than to slow down a lot more a lot sooner.    But, if it was over a rise or around a curve, he may not have seen it in time.     Just a mess all around.   

You guys be safe....your lives put in danger constantly.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »
a number of years ago, a good friend of mine's parents were on their way to watch our basketball game.  foggy, slippery night-semi was jack-knifed across the freeway.  he(driver) saw it and only had time to duck and tell his passenger/wife to do the same.  she did not-it was sick.  dad/driver never recovered mentally from this

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 11:18:39 AM »
You guys be safe....your lives put in danger constantly.

Thank you.   That is very kind.   That is one of the reasons I won't take a life expectancy quiz.  Now I have to be nice to you at least once.   ;D
     About 15 years ago, there was a freak localized freezing rain event.    Literally only about 1 square mile.   But ground zero was where two highways come together/split. 40-50 car pile up.      I was walking along the shoulder away from the main area of wreckage, which was around a slight blind curve.    I was looking down the side of the highway for cars that may have slid down the embankment.    I looked up and saw a car coming at me at over 70 mph, no idea what he was driving into.   A couple hundred yards away, I see him start to lose it.   I dive over the guardrail that he hits two seconds later right where I was standing.   

Again, I have sympathy for all involved.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:45:35 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:26 AM »
Wow. Just awful. I cannot imagine what any of those people are going through right now....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 08:30:21 PM »
Thank you.   That is very kind.   That is one of the reasons I won't take a life expectancy quiz.  Now I have to be nice to you at least once.   ;D
     About 15 years ago, there was a freak localized freezing rain event.    Literally only about 1 square mile.   But ground zero was where two highways come together/split. 40-50 car pile up.      I was walking along the shoulder away from the main area of wreckage, which was around a slight blind curve.    I was looking down the side of the highway for cars that may have slid down the embankment.    I looked up and saw a car coming at me at over 70 mph, no idea what he was driving into.   A couple hundred yards away, I see him start to lose it.   I dive over the guardrail that he hits two seconds later right where I was standing.   

Again, I have sympathy for all involved.

amazing story-you know who "threw" you outta the way dude?  i've always said that you guys see/do the stuff many cannot do and it's much appreciated.  i've been trained to do some life saving stuff, but thank God, i have never had to use it as you guys do like tying your shoes. 

might have to re-name you crash II

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 08:57:53 PM »
a number of years ago, a good friend of mine's parents were on their way to watch our basketball game.  foggy, slippery night-semi was jack-knifed across the freeway.  he(driver) saw it and only had time to duck and tell his passenger/wife to do the same.  she did not-it was sick.  dad/driver never recovered mentally from this

Damn, that is horrific

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 10:38:25 PM »