'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCLA  (Read 50567 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: UCLA
« Reply #275 on: April 06, 2019, 07:28:48 PM »
Curious to hear how you know this about Wojo, Crash.

The few well-heeled alums I know who have interacted with Wojo like him very much. Most of them also have been very pleased with the trajectory of the program.

I've had some limited interaction with him.  He's much better one on one than before a group but he's getting better at the latter.  I'd describe his personality as 'guarded' but 'genuine'.  He's not a back slapper or a guy that enjoys being the center of attention.  He's careful around folks he doesn't know.

Chick and I know others that know him very well.  Literally among MU's most influential donors.  I've been with them enough that we've talked about the subject at some length.  To a person they think he's a quality guy.  Not sure what else I can say.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #276 on: April 06, 2019, 07:39:14 PM »
I’m not sure they really “peed down their leg” against Purdue. Carson Edwards was pulling up from a step behind NBA 3 point range and burying shots with a hand in his face (and banking one in). Not much any team in the country could’ve done to stop him that night. And they still came away with a win.

Turned a 6 point lead into what should have been an insurmountable deficit in the final 5 minutes by missing 8 straight shots and committing a turnover. Compared to them, Davidson was perfect.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »
I've had some limited interaction with him.  He's much better one on one than before a group but he's getting better at the latter.  I'd describe his personality as 'guarded' but 'genuine'.  He's not a back slapper or a guy that enjoys being the center of attention.  He's careful around folks he doesn't know.

Chick and I know others that know him very well.  Literally among MU's most influential donors.  I've been with them enough that we've talked about the subject at some length.  To a person they think he's a quality guy.  Not sure what else I can say.

Taught ewe were on da a list wit Wojo's cell number and such, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2019, 07:48:51 PM »
But that wasn't the question. It was how does Wojo interact with the donor base.

He likely is a regular dude with the players; I would be shocked if he weren't.

Crean, on the other hand, is genuinely weird with his players. But unlike Wojo Crean is likely more open with donors.

At least you’re admitting you don’t actually know but you don’t like the guy so you’ll make the entirely uneducated claim anyway.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2019, 07:50:04 PM »
Turned a 6 point lead into what should have been an insurmountable deficit in the final 5 minutes by missing 8 straight shots and committing a turnover. Compared to them, Davidson was perfect.

A whopping 1 turnover over the last 5 minutes. Goodness never mind, they pissed their pants!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2019, 07:55:15 PM »
A whopping 1 turnover over the last 5 minutes. Goodness never mind, they pissed their pants!

They missed 8 straight shots..Goodness, never mind, missing 8 straight field goals in the games final 5 minutes and blowing a lead is the definition of clutch.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2019, 07:56:42 PM »

One of our friends to whom Glow is referring told us he got a phone call from Wojo the day he was hired. If he got one, it is safe to assume our other friends did as well.  Believe me, Wojo understands the importance of donors.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »
Because it's hard to get to a Final Four, but Bennett pulled it off.  Good for him.  Sometimes you pee down the leg, and sometimes you make it all the way.  That's why it is such a crazy thing to win.

Who you Hoopin'?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2019, 08:10:38 PM »

This pretty much explains it. Is a bit stiff with events, he attends them with frequency and doesn't miss them or come late or refuse to do them. In smaller groups, he is great and personable, but he is intense in that he is all basketball. He is not alienating to donors in any way.

Giving is way up.  Events sell out.  Attendance up.  Why is this a question?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2019, 08:13:41 PM »
They missed 8 straight shots..Goodness, never mind, missing 8 straight field goals in the games final 5 minutes and blowing a lead is the definition of clutch.

Who said they were clutch? So you’re either clutch or you’re peeing down your leg? Seems like there should be a middle ground but what do I know?

I’m shocked some college basketball players would miss shots over a 5 minute period. That cannot happen.

What is clutch is having the presence of mind to know there’s enough time to make a half court pass when you have the ball down 2 under 3 seconds to go, and to keep the ball high and get the shot off to tie the game in time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2019, 08:18:15 PM »
Who said they were clutch? So you’re either clutch or you’re peeing down your leg? Seems like there should be a middle ground but what do I know?

Got it. "Middle ground" is 0 for 8. What is choke? Minus 4 out of 8?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #286 on: April 06, 2019, 08:30:32 PM »
Got it. "Middle ground" is 0 for 8. What is choke? Minus 4 out of 8?

When did this 0 for 8 happen? I just looked through the second half play by play of the UVA vs. Purdue game. The most consecutive missed UVA had was 5 in the second half. If a team missing 5 straight shots at some point in a college basketball game is peeing down your leg then college basketball is flooding with urine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2019, 08:38:28 PM »
Four plus minutes without a bucket by either team in this NCAA semifinal. Sword crossing in action!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #288 on: April 06, 2019, 08:42:16 PM »
Four plus minutes without a bucket by either team in this NCAA semifinal. Sword crossing in action!

Purdue went from down 6 to up 3. Not exactly the same.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #289 on: April 06, 2019, 08:45:53 PM »
Purdue went from down 6 to up 3. Not exactly the same.

Sometimes leads change in basketball games. It’s wild.

But seriously during what time period did UVA miss 8 straight shots? I’ve looked through the second half play by play 4 or 5 times and the most consecutive missed shots by UVA I’m finding is 5.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »

Thanks for this answer, glow.

About what I expected.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #291 on: April 06, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
Sometimes leads change in basketball games. It’s wild.

But seriously during what time period did UVA miss 8 straight shots? I’ve looked through the second half play by play 4 or 5 times and the most consecutive missed shots by UVA I’m finding is 5.

You're right. I missed a made lay up by Guy in the final 4:42. They were 1-8, not 0-8. My apologies.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2019, 03:05:11 AM »
MU is BACK.

"Dewey Defeats Truman..."

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2019, 03:08:23 AM »
The funding will come from Wasserman

The Debster??

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2019, 03:32:17 AM »
Not just the priests, the next big thing to come out...

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/inside-the-horrifying-unspoken-world-of-sexually-abusive-nuns/
'
'
As a boy living in Tokyo I went to St Mary's International School. We had German nuns teaching there and one of them spent 20 minutes with the 3rd grade boys explaining how we were to urinate without touching our members. 

She literally told us how we were to unbuckle then pull down our tight whites by the elastic band until our sabers popped out. Upon completion of mission we were forbidden from giving the willy a shake.

Talk about having a screw loose.

Years later there were accusations levied against Br Lawrence, SMIS's long time headmaster. Those allegations then opened up the floodgates as more victims stepped forward:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2014/09/01/issues/st-marys-international-school-tokyo-rocked-sexual-abuse-claims/#.XKmypZhKj7A

One thing is for sure: theBabyDavid's mother has made it very clear he will never, ever have anything to do with Roman Catholic education. Frankly, she is 100% correct.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2019, 03:33:59 AM »
pee down their leg

What does this mean, exactly?

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2019, 03:38:58 AM »
I could not agree more with your point about church (utter failure of) leadership. I think, however, that your example of the USAF as a good example of an institution where you cannot imagine the chain of command covering up (not pedophilia, but sexual abuse of a different type) is unfortunate.

All human institutions with inherent (if necessary) power imbalances-even those with stringent codes of conduct which are scrupulously adhered to by the majority-are susceptible to abuse and cover-up.  See, e.g., the USAFA circa 2003 and allegedly circa 2014-16.

There have been some bone headed decisions made by Air Force officers. No doubt. But the fact is when the truth comes out, and it always does, the institution addresses it aggressively and fully.

The unwritten rule is, 'You lie, You die.' And in every case, when a guy gets hammered, it's always because he lied to cover things up rather than the original transgression.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2019, 03:42:25 AM »
I have seen some nice pairs of legs in mini skirts before, never a pair so good that I lost all control and had to have sex with that person that second. It's an insulting insinuation really that as men we has so little control over ourselves.

So after seeing great gams in a mini skirt you had sex with yourself later??

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2019, 03:46:37 AM »

And Wojo's wife is from Salt Lake City, so maybe he'll throw us a curveball and dump us for BYU...

Is she a Mo?

I think, just as Wojo would not want to follow a legend at Duke so, too, would he be loathe to coach anywhere in Utah where Stew Morrill reigned for so many decades

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2019, 03:51:23 AM »
If anywon heer nos the reel Wojo, its Ma and Pa. Gotta ax 'em 'cuz dey got da skinny, aina?

Doc

Ma was really tight with Coach Peters. And Jen. Jen loves Ma.

feedback