[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kuchar  (Read 10773 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Kuchar
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 07:14:08 PM »
Your inner Sultan was never a good look

I miss Sultan about now. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:57 PM »
Agreed race isn’t relevant here. Notice that Hoopaloop only replies to the comments that include the caddy’s race so he can build up his strawman.

Also, Kuchar didn’t even want to give the guy $15,000. That was his agency trying to save face for their penny pinching client.

Weird, I replied to many comments that have nothing to do with that at all, so your are channeling your inner Mu82 hyperbole without facts on this one.

There are literally at least 5 posts here I responded to that have nothing at all to do with caddy’s heritage of any kind....so you are factually wrong.  If the agent offered $15k, Kuch would have to sign off on it. 

I also said if I was Kuch just pay him and make it go away, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind if this caddy screwed the pooch and performed horribly and Kuch stuffed him....the same guys here would scream “ a deal is a deal”.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2019, 07:18:32 PM »
I miss Sultan about now.

I can parrot exactly what he would say as if straight from a manual if you wish....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »
I can parrot exactly what he would say as if straight from a manual if you wish....
Just as we can you. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2019, 07:26:45 PM »
Just as we can you.

Works out nicely that way

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »
I miss Sultan about now.

Voluntary vacation or put in timeout?

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »
I’m curious about Sultan too
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2019, 12:40:05 AM »
He should have paid the traditional 10 percent.

Traditionally, when a Tour player is sans-his-usual-caddy and opts to take a local looper, said bag-jock usually gets around 5%-7.5% for guiding a winning player.

Kooch the mooch outdid himself on this one. I’m no math whiz, but 5% of 1.5 million is $75,000. There is also an unwritten honor code among Tour players that well-heeled, deep pocketed vets approach the higher end of that local scale.

I reserve judgment on whether a cheapskate is a “bad guy”, as I’ve known some decent people who are pretty stingy. I just don’t get their mentality.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2019, 12:49:54 AM »
You had no clue that a local caddy in Mexico City named David Ortiz might be Mexican?
I mean, yeah, how could you have possibly known?

On its surface, this could make Kuch appear racist. He was good friends with the head pro at the club I caddied at, and I assure you...Matt is not a racist.  Cheap is cheap, though.

Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2019, 05:37:20 AM »

so the board bullys disagree with someone-so what!  LET IT GO!!  first ya'll disagree, then ya try the racist angle(what a shocker) then ya'll start the pile on(another shocker) next, ya go after the censorship(shocker #3) but the lowest blow of all...to bring back the sully of snc??

for all we know, kuch gave the dude more money, a car, a new set of clubs and an autographed hat...but we will probably never find out, the-rest-of-the-story...next up, whatever the cheekster posts next

don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2019, 05:49:24 AM »

Voluntary. My guess is it is permanent.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2019, 08:31:19 AM »
On its surface, this could make Kuch appear racist. He was good friends with the head pro at the club I caddied at, and I assure you...Matt is not a racist.  Cheap is cheap, though.

Don’t worry, people will and have played that card anyway....they cannot help themselves.

Woods, Nicklaus, etc have been accused of being cheap for years.....of course people only look at one aspect.  Woods also started the Woods Foundation, Nicklaus has done plenty with his money for scholarships, etc.  People see what they want to see.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »
Don’t worry, people will and have played that card anyway....they cannot help themselves.

Literally no one here said this was a racist thing, and yet you keep playing that card anyway. Can't help yourself.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »

Woods, Nicklaus, etc have been accused of being cheap for years.....of course people only look at one aspect.  Woods also started the Woods Foundation, Nicklaus has done plenty with his money for scholarships, etc.  People see what they want to see.

So they give up their money when it helps them (taxes) but when they're dealing with people making $3.25/hour before tips they're cheap with their tips.  What great multimillionaire people those guys are.  I wonder how Tiger paid his 200 side pieces.  But hey, he's an involved father and supportive husband, really just a great guy, we just see what we want to see.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
https://www.golf.com/news/2019/02/15/little-sympathy-for-matt-kuchar-riviera-caddie-yard/

The caddies are not amused. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48G7Y0VWW4

Maybe Kuchar arranged for this guy to receive total consciousness on his deathbed.      He would have that going for him.   Which is nice. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:03:55 AM by tower912 »

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2019, 11:21:18 AM »
Voluntary. My guess is it is permanent.

A voluntary vacation that involves him still lurking?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Apparently so. He’s staying under cover

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »
So they give up their money when it helps them (taxes) but when they're dealing with people making $3.25/hour before tips they're cheap with their tips.  What great multimillionaire people those guys are.  I wonder how Tiger paid his 200 side pieces.  But hey, he's an involved father and supportive husband, really just a great guy, we just see what we want to see.

The Tiger piece isn’t even a debate at this point. He’s been shown to be cheap and stingy time and time again for 20 years. The examples aren’t occasional, it’s consistent and widespread.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »
Kuchar will pay him off, some will never forgive him.  Oh well. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2019, 01:21:48 PM »
Kuchar will pay him off, some will never forgive him.  Oh well.

Such bull$&!+.   If he pays up, it becomes a cautionary tale and everyone moves on.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »
Kuchar apologizes to caddie and others, pays him the 50K and makes charitable donations to the Tournment charity in Mexico. 

Guess he received some really bad “catcalls” on tee boxes in LA and ended this thing quickly after. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2019, 04:05:37 PM »
Good.   Over.   

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »
He was getting murdered by the crowd today on PGA Tour Live

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
Such bull$&!+.   If he pays up, it becomes a cautionary tale and everyone moves on.

Really?  In reading all the fauxrage journalists and Twitterflakes, he is never to be forgiven. It will stick with him forever....their words.  So yeah, I wouldn't say BS as some people will absolutely never let it die...ever. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2019, 04:45:56 PM »
Entertaining thread.

I even got called out by chicos although I didn't participate in it.

Must be rough to be a white American male and feel so put upon all the time.

Kuchar was cheap. He got called out for his cheapness. PR people tried to make it look as if he wasn't being cheap; the attempt failed. More PR people finally got him to pony up.

chicos still somehow an aggrieved party.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback