'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oops / SJU  (Read 38980 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Oops
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2019, 09:22:41 PM »
So what happens if we lose on saturday do we drop the top 25 potentially cuz it feels like it

No
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 09:23:56 PM »
It sucks to lose but I’m not too down on the team. Lot of missed shots early but they battled back. Happy there are more games to be played.

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 09:24:25 PM »
I guess we just disagree on what "very very bad" means. *shrugs*

Agreed

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2019, 09:24:49 PM »
I'd like to not see St. John's again in the BET.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »
1.  Whole team other than Morrow was soft around the basket.
2.  Sam with the ball on the wing.  Picked clean by Clark who hits a pull up 3.  Game in microcosm.  Up to that point.
3.  Chartouny looked solid.  Maybe his beat game of the year.  And Wojo rode him.
4.  SJU knows how to d up Markus.  Switching big guards onto him all over the place.  Run him off the line.
5.  SJU made Joey look slow.  Well, to be fair, they made a few guys look slow.
6.  Sacar was bad tonight.  Until the big shot.  And then he fell on his butt on the biggest defensive possession of the game.
7.  Sometimes comebacks fall short.
8.  This team doesn't stink.  Wojo shouldn't be fired.

It sucks.

Get ready for Villanova.
1. Disagree, Theo was tough. Thougt he was going to get a tech couple of times
6. True. But that play he fell if you can look at replay Ponds used his left arm to get him out of the way, but they won't call tgat on Ponds.
Goal is National Championship

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 09:27:26 PM »
So what happens if we lose on saturday do we drop the top 25 potentially cuz it feels like it
They should just cancel the rest of the season.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 09:27:35 PM »
Down 7, Sacar misses an uncontested layup.  SJ misses, Bailey misses wide open three, SJ turnover, Sam misses wide open three, SJ turnover, Bailey misses layup.  That was big part of loss there.

Fouls on Sacar and Joe were fouls and very bad timing. 

MU missed 8 free throws. 

Ponds scored last 10 points and that move on Sacar was pretty good.  Ankle breaker. 

Last play, Sam was begging, begging for ball to Markus left.  Two SJ guys came over to Markus.  Watch replay.

Ok, not good, just win another eight in a row.  Sometimes a loss good for team, brings them back to earth.

Sam was not begging for the ball. Go back and watch the replay. Sam is standing at the bottom of the logo at center court.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2019, 09:28:12 PM »
It sucks to lose but I’m not too down on the team. Lot of missed shots early but they battled back. Happy there are more games to be played.
I'm not down on the team, but I think that put a huge nail in our coffin as far as winning the Big East is concerned.  We couldn't afford this one with regards to the Big East title.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2019, 09:28:36 PM »
Sam was not begging for the ball. Go back and watch the replay. Sam is standing at the bottom of the logo at center court.

That is not where Sam was standing.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 09:28:59 PM »
Which tells me Wojo’s master plan was for Markus to play iso ball. That’s a terrible strategy in that situation against that team. Sam absolutely should’ve been the shooter in that spot
No Finish Line

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2019, 09:29:43 PM »
Besides that last defensive possession he was solid.  Wouldn't say very, very bad cmon now.

Not gonna pile on Sacar but he was really bad tonight.  Sucks when ur 2g shoots 50% from the line n misses multiple barely or completely uncontested layups.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »
Not gonna pile on Sacar but he was really bad tonight.  Sucks when ur 2g shoots 50% from the line n misses multiple barely or completely uncontested layups.

Go away. 

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2019, 09:32:47 PM »
I’ll say this, Chartouny now looks like he belongs.  Guy’s unselfish, knows his role, and I’m glad we have him.  He probably expected to start or at least play more minutes when he transferred here, but from the looks of it he just cares about what’s best for the team.  Ditto for Morrow.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2019, 09:33:21 PM »
All of the morons that gave up on our team time after time throughout the game should go away. Just stop posting, you f'n dipsh*ts.

I'll admit I thought it was over and posted that it was done. But we showed a lot of fight and it is what it is. We're 19-4. It happens.

I dont get mad at losses by college kids. I'm mostly annoyed that Scoop, one of my hobbies, will be unreadable for 5 days because of some people.

Wish Markus would have leaned into his defender once he got him up in the air.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 09:34:32 PM »

This is Sacar though. He's like a switch,either on and having a great game, or off. We've seen both this year.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 09:36:03 PM »
I don’t get why we don’t post up.

Down 1 play with height and for a foul.

Everyone knew Markus was gonna try and be the hero if he got it. And he always panics in those spots

More likely if Theo could shoot free throws. Sam was wide open for the kick out.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 09:36:38 PM »
This game just pisses me off idk why.. just every 50 50 ball going their way. Silly turnovers. Guys giving ponds the lane at the end. Hell.would have rather had anyone else take a wide open three then letting ponds drive into an unprotected lane. And of course stunned by markus jumping so far out of the way even though heron jumped sp badly on that fake. Ugh whatever

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:16 PM »
Besides that last defensive possession he was solid.  Wouldn't say very, very bad cmon now.

There should have been help there sooner. Theo was late. That’s as much on the help as Sacar

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »
will be unreadable for 5 days because of some people.

1.5 days.  Nova on NMD in 3.5 days!  We'll be ready!

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:33 PM »
More likely if Theo could shoot free throws. Sam was wide open for the kick out.

Why do people keep saying this. Sam was open because he was standing on the bottom of the logo near center court. he wasn't in a shooting position.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:43 PM »
Mixed emotions, it really felt like we should have lost that game by double digits. I'm happy the guys fought hard to get back in it, but it sucks losing at home, and if MU was going to win the Big East regular season title, they had to have this one. A loss Saturday puts MU into a weird no man's land for the rest of the regular season, where they'd basically have to hold serve (minus 1) to lock up the Big East two seed.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:55 PM »
That is not where Sam was standing.

Yes he was. He was between the Al logo and the halfcourt logo when Markus started his step back. He was still there but starting to move when Markus started his double clutch shot.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:59 PM »
I'm not down on the team, but I think that put a huge nail in our coffin as far as winning the Big East is concerned.  We couldn't afford this one with regards to the Big East title.

Sweep Nova and it may not matter.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2019, 09:42:10 PM »
This game just pisses me off idk why.. just every 50 50 ball going their way. Silly turnovers. Guys giving ponds the lane at the end. Hell.would have rather had anyone else take a wide open three then letting ponds drive into an unprotected lane. And of course stunned by markus jumping so far out of the way even though heron jumped sp badly on that fake. Ugh whatever
I know why it pisses me off. Because that team absolutely punked us in their house then came to ours and swept us. We had no business losing to that team again
No Finish Line

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »
Just so frustrating.

feedback